Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
salam

Shah Reza Pahlavi

What do you guys think of him?

I like him, but thats because my grandpa working directly with him everyday until he was overthrown, and I've heard so many stories about him...

I like him, but thats because my grandpa working directly with him everyday until he was overthrown, and I've heard so many stories about him...

ay too roohe palide in akhonda ke maro az mamlekat bedar kardan! man ke familim Ghajar e maman bozorgam 007 sawak makhfi :lol:

Reza Shah (RIP) or Mohammad Reza Pahlavi(RIP)?

x

the one who got exiled in 79'

Mohammad Reza Pahlavi then...not his father.

well, az nazare man, his father was much better.

his father was much better them him.

the shah did not know which fight he should pick, as the same time he said isral is oor friend he was helping shia muslims specially in lebanon and helped egypt in 6 days war.

as the same time usa back him he was switching side and wanted be closer ro sovjet union.

he did a mistake and that was that he did not listen to his people he listen more to savak.

his father was a strong leader and now we have nim pahlavi in LA he is the weakest men i have heard about.

if he got the power he would gave iran to israel and usa

and...

coronation1.jpg

omg sara where did u get that picture? my grandpa took that, he has the original copy framed in his house!!!!

Reza Shah, the founder of the Pahlavi dynasty, was a good leader.

However, his son, Mohammad Reza Shah, was very incompetent. He could have done a lot more with the vast oil wealth Iran had, plus, he allowed the Mullah's power to grow simply because they helped him over throw Mossadegh. M. Reza Shah ended democracy in Iran, with the help of the British, the CIA, and the Mullahs.

However, his son, Mohammad Reza Shah, was very incompetent. He could have done a lot more with the vast oil wealth Iran had, plus, he allowed the Mullah's power to grow simply because they helped him over throw Mossadegh. M. Reza Shah ended democracy in Iran, with the help of the British, the CIA, and the Mullahs.

i dont agree he was incompetant, but its true his father was better

i totally agree.

SaLaM...why don't you believe he was incompetant?

well said bro

that guy abandoned iran to mullahs

history tell me that if he wantid to put the mullahs in power he went the right way about it :diablo:

i totally agree.

SaLaM...why don't you believe he was incompetant?

oh come on wile he was in power he was not that bad just the end 1975 to 1979 :diablo:

i dont agree he was incompetant, but its true his father was better

his dad got invaded and iran was controled by russians and brits

he dident even have a compident army to defend him self and again only the end was bad (1941) :diablo:

I think Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi, was a great man who did whatever he could so that Iran and it's citizens could have a perfect life. However the west didn't like him and decided to start a propaganda against him, the people got fooled and did a revolution against him. West used the people as a tool against him.

His father was good, so was his son.

his father was much better them him.

the shah did not know which fight he should pick, as the same time he said isral is oor friend he was helping shia muslims specially in lebanon and helped egypt in 6 days war.

as the same time usa back him he was switching side and wanted be closer ro sovjet union.

he did a mistake and that was that he did not listen to his people he listen more to savak.

his father was a strong leader and now we have nim pahlavi in LA he is the weakest men i have heard about.

if he got the power he would gave iran to israel and usa

He didn't do a mistake. Listen to the people, that's funny as if the people have any kind of information about this war, SAVAK had more information because it's a intelligence agency genius. Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi was a great man, however his Son Reza Pahlavi .. I hate him. He doesn't stand up and fight for his country, probably bought by the USA.

He did whatever he could to make Iran perfect. He made the oil price higher and didn't want to give it too cheap to the other people so that it's citizens could have a good life. People say Shah was a dictator, how come if he was a dictator the mullah's managed to get so much power? The mullahs didn't help him overthrow Mossadegh, it was the Iranian people. Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi got cancer by the west to die, and the west started a coup against the Shah because Iran was getting too powerful.

that guy abandoned iran to mullahs

history tell me that if he wantid to put the mullahs in power he went the right way about it :diablo:

The Shah didn't give Iran to the mullahs. He tried it's best, however the people saw him as a devil and became fooled by listening to Khomeini's speech about free water, free electricity etc. To avoid a bloodbath he left Iran and decided to let the people have their way.

I feel so sorry and definetly sad for my country.

Mosadegh roohet shaad.

Mossadeqh was a betrayer. He didn't love his country and wanted to abuse everything.

...Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi got cancer by the west to die, and the west started a coup against the Shah because Iran was getting too powerful.

that was new!

...Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi got cancer by the west to die, and the west started a coup against the Shah because Iran was getting too powerful.

that was new!

It's possible, some say it because the type of cancer the Shah got could be "given". :)

that was new!

Nice one Pourya...

Mohammad Reza Pahlavi was not a good leader for Iran, he was not strong enough...

His own Father did not want him to succeed to the thrown!! Now what does that say about him??

During WW2 the British and the USSR forced Reza Shah to abdicate after invasion and thought that his son would be a good alternative as he was weak and could be swayed easily to their own interests. Pahlavi's reign was full of economic problems, food shortages, political confusion and more...

Pahlavi's role was supposed to be that of a Constitutional Monarch, like that of the Queen in the UK, however he constantly got involved with Parliaments affairs, interfering with the Prime Minister especially if they were a strong leader.

He went against the Constitution, was more of a manipulator than a leader and after an assassination attempt because of these and other factors he went about increasing his constitutional powers! This is not how a good leader acts...this is provocation at its best. He thought he was untouchable...and as a result of this religious leaders, students and opposition parties all wanted a piece of him.

His intentions were true, even though his Father did not believe in him, but you cannot say that he was an amazing leader, he had many drawbacks, and no, the West did not give him cancer!!! Cancer cannot be "caught" or anyone given it, it is a mutation of cells in the human body! That is just a conspiracy to hide the fact that Iranians as a society have their shortcomings and are not as powerful as they used to be...yes, be proud of your history but you cannot go around spewing falsities when you acknowledge the good that has come out of Iran's history and not the bad... Pahlavi believed that he was chosen by God to rule Iran, this also pissed off the religious clergy and did not help his cause, one factor behind this was the fact that Farah Diba was very religious, she did not seem so but she was, she made allowances and discretion for the clergy, donating money and time to them. In the end this contributed to the Shah's downfall, to their own exile.

Noone is perfect, people make decisions which they are criticised for... and noone can say otherwise, we are all human beings.

If the Iranian people hated the Mullah's that much they could have done something about them...but the reality is that Iran's society has been manipulated into thinking they cant do anything...and as we can see, brainwashing is the strongest weapon these people had. I mean, for example, talking to my cousins in Iran, they have been told that Khatami and other leaders have their own personal army's making up around 100million soldiers each....!!!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Most leaders which have had controlled Iran have not done the people any good....

Hamashoon badbakhti ovordan ro sare ma...

The reality is that no matter what, Iranians are never going to be happy with what they have...and its about time people start realising this.

Mohammad Reza Pahlavi was not a good leader for Iran, he was not strong enough...

He was a great leader.

His own Father did not want him to succeed to the thrown!! Now what does that say about him??

Says who?

During WW2 the British and the USSR forced Reza Shah to abdicate after invasion and thought that his son would be a good alternative as he was weak and could be swayed easily to their own interests. Pahlavi's reign was full of economic problems, food shortages, political confusion and more...

Pahlavi's role was supposed to be that of a Constitutional Monarch, like that of the Queen in the UK, however he constantly got involved with Parliaments affairs, interfering with the Prime Minister especially if they were a strong leader.

He went against the Constitution, was more of a manipulator than a leader and after an assassination attempt because of these and other factors he went about increasing his constitutional powers! This is not how a good leader acts...this is provocation at its best. He thought he was untouchable...and as a result of this religious leaders, students and opposition parties all wanted a piece of him.

He did not go against the consitution, come up with good points and I will gladly answer you.

His intentions were true, even though his Father did not believe in him, but you cannot say that he was an amazing leader, he had many drawbacks, and no, the West did not give him cancer!!! Cancer cannot be "caught" or anyone given it, it is a mutation of cells in the human body! That is just a conspiracy to hide the fact that Iranians as a society have their shortcomings and are not as powerful as they used to be...yes, be proud of your history but you cannot go around spewing falsities when you acknowledge the good that has come out of Iran's history and not the bad... Pahlavi believed that he was chosen by God to rule Iran, this also pissed off the religious clergy and did not help his cause, one factor behind this was the fact that Farah Diba was very religious, she did not seem so but she was, she made allowances and discretion for the clergy, donating money and time to them. In the end this contributed to the Shah's downfall, to their own exile.

Some people, there are reports and researches that the cancer was given to the Shah during a "surgery" of his cancer, I believe or something similar. You should stop pulling crap out of your Azz. Shah was a great man who forgave people who tried to kill him and his family, but no the ones who betrayed his country. I think you should stop listening to Anti-Shah Propaganda. The Shah was very strong, therefore making the West and the East (mostly the West, they were competing about Iran) planed and funded a revolution against them using the people for their own needs.

Noone is perfect, people make decisions which they are criticised for... and noone can say otherwise, we are all human beings.

Indeed - no one is perfect, so what?

If the Iranian people hated the Mullah's that much they could have done something about them...but the reality is that Iran's society has been manipulated into thinking they cant do anything...and as we can see, brainwashing is the strongest weapon these people had. I mean, for example, talking to my cousins in Iran, they have been told that Khatami and other leaders have their own personal army's making up around 100million soldiers each....!!!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!

They hate them, however there is a saying.. "Only when they are feed, they revolt, but if they are hungry, they stay silent" Do you understand? That's translated from a Persian saying, I believe. Here is another 'story' not sure if it's true or not but it has a lot of truth in it.

Shah was feeding his fishes in his castle or something, then Farah comes and tells him "I think the fishes are feed now, they have had enough food - leave them now.." then Shah responds "No, if they were feed enough they would revolt against me"

Most leaders which have had controlled Iran have not done the people any good....

Once again, you talk without knowing anything. At around the Shahs time Iran was so great that other countries such as Sweden and UK got money from Iran (or the Shah) when they needed it, because Iran had such a great economy, such great country and such great 'system'. The White Revolution helped Iran even more, more rights to people and such, Iran was even better by most current European nations, therefore they were getting angry at the Shah, and decided to backstab him.

Besides, you talk too much bull. "He wasn't strong enough" - Why won't you try and rule a damn country when the West and the East at the same time were trying to overthrow you, the people were being brain watched by the West and such. Ruling a small group will be hard as Funk, depending on what group, situation etc - let alone a damn country. The Shah was strong enough to be able to have a stable and good country, it's not his fault that West (UK, USA, French etc.) planed and funded a revolution using people as their 'tool' against the shah. Iran, a country which fault was success.