Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Alangoo

How can I donate used clothes to Iran?

Does anybody know, how I can send some of my used stuff to Iran as a donation? I have had this idea for a few years and have asked different people, but nobody knows. People say there is no charity in Iran that accepts used clothes, only cash. I find that hard to believe that nobody in Iran buys or sells used clothes.

I have lots of nice stuff and instead of giving them to goodwill, I want to send to Iran. In Iran you can find pretty much anything, except for women's clothing. There is no shame in it. Even over here there is plenty of used clothing stores where very shick women buy and sell stuff all day long. My stuff is very nice, some evening gowns, some suits and dresses I have worn one time and don't wear them any more. I hate to throw it away.

Some people said but it will cost you in shipping. I don't care. I will pay for the shipping. I only need an address where I can ship to. Thanks

I also have been trying to find out but nothing yet, i buy ALOT of clothes and not wear them much and i usually donate them after ive worn them like 2 or 3 times...but i really like to know if i can send them to iran.

Alangoo joon, i think emdad e imam does such a thing i will get the address from my dad cuz hes working with them for Bam and he always takes our stuff for us so we dont need to send it, i will ask and PM u!

dunno if this is possible for you, but i send my stuff to donate to my aunt in tehran. she takes care of it for me, i guess it's easy for ppl in the country

Thanks Salam. I asked my sister back home. She said she can give them to her gardener. Well I don't think they will fit him. She couldn't find anybody.

I looked up Emdad like Lolita said. But most of their sites are on how much they have accomplished and such. I might write to them and ask them for shipping info. That's a good lead.

What struck me is how other countries have so many charities and they are hitting you up all the time. But when you google Iran and chairty or donation, only war and nukes come up. It is so sad. Or there are many places that Iran has helped in the past. I think they need major improvement in this area as far as setting up charities to accpet all kinds of donations. There are many people who work outside of country and would like to help any way they can.

Thank you deary. There is more where that came from. I am pacing myself.

Albateh beh khoobieh aksayeh shoma nemisheh.

Alangoo khanoom, I agree with you. Iran has helped a lot! Maybe look up things for Bam, I remember us sending to a charity set up for that. There may still be a few charities up from that. Good Luck!

Thanks Lolita. :gentleman_in_wft[1]: You are the sweetest person.

Today I got a few things together and shipped them. I had a winter coat and some sweaters. It came to $50 shipping air. Ground shipment was a little less, not that much. So I figured why bother. 50 bucks isn't that bad.

Do you know what borke my heart. The woman in the post office when she saw the Iran address was almost too afraid to touch the package. Iran is the most beautiful country and we have the friendliest most loving people and I don't know why we have such a bad rap.

There was another organization that happened to email me about children charities. I will think of donating to them definitely. It's about $20 a month, you can help a child in Iran. I asked them about other donations, but they just take cash. They are called child foundation for anybody else interested.

http://childfoundation.org/

and here is a video

I hate people who don't like Iranians! Our people are much nicer, politer and cleaner than Americans, but we are the ones that get treated like that. It makes me mad sometimes, like today, on my bus ride home from school, a girl asked where I was from. I said Iran, and she freaks out and asked me to please not blow her up or shoot her with my AK-47. She was serious is the thing that bugs me... She actually think I was gonna kill her! :yuk:

your welcome sweetheart it was no problem at all helping you out on such a noble cause, uv got a great heart :friends: :air_kiss_wft:

Here is some more. Somebody else told me he had heard about bonyad Fatemeh Zahra. and I looked it up. They have great site. They have all the info and phone numbers and address.

http://fatemehzahra.org/about.htm

The top address accepts donations. The one on Maydan Ghiam, Khiaban Ray, Koocheh Shaheed Sadeghi number 8.

I called that number and asked him if I could send used clothes. He said fine, but nothing too old. He said something that you yourself don't mind wearing. He doesn't have to worry about it. I am not going to be sending trash all the way over there. My stuff is nice. :)