Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Keyvan

Blair looking to Iran and Syria

The fact that many suggestions by eminent people have been put forward it would seem reasonable that these should be looked at in more detail and commented on.

Today Tony Blair outlined his proposal to engage Iran and Syria in the Iraq problem.

Here is the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6142252.stm

There's also a section where you can 'have your say'

What do you think?

I think Blair's statements are baseless and without any merit whatsover. Afterall, the British and the IRI are very good friends and the British get a lot of goods and petrol out of Iran for cheap by having such an unpopular regime. I actually believe that the IRI staying in power has a lot to do with the support (although hidden) by the Eurpoeans, led by the British.

In short, I think his statements are nothing more than just playing out a scenario or a game, and that his ultimate objecitve, by "engaging Iran and Syria" is to hold the regimes of such countries in power.

be iran che kar dare

iran moshkelate khodesho dare va hala ke kharab kary kardand to aragh komake irano mikhand

magar yek roz nemigand taghsire iran hast in jangha bedone madrak

yek roz migand iran terrorist hast

pas chera komake terrorista ra mikhand

mihan dost are oropaia ba iran khoband valli dai jon napol bazia man ghabol nadaram

faghat engelis nist, kole oropa va rossie chin amrica jonobi ina hameshon ba iran kenar miand baziashon makhfi baziae dige na ro rast.

dar zemn engelish naftesho dare majani az to basre migire.

A lot of Iraninans that I know of are of the same opinion that the politics played behind the scene is bolstering the position of IRI with the apparent support entrusted by the british government. However, one can not deny the fact that the war in Iraq is encountering serious problems to the point that the americans are losing the battle (well atleast as far as the mid-term election results goes, loss of house of representatives to democrats and Rumsfy no longer in power which makes GWB a lame duck). Furthermore, the british have lost yet another 4 soldiers in Basra just days before Blair made this speech. I would argue that in the light of 2,000 americans and 160 british casualties in Iraq since the invasion coupled with people questiong why the troops are staying in Iraq (well atleast in the UK) Blair finds himself under immense pressure and wants to change that course.

Mr. Blair! ( a.k.a. Tony )!

I hope before doing anything and before, your own party kick your political azz out of labour party! Fix your own god damn country first! The public transport stinks man!

2 weeks ago we were the axis of evel and now the gov whants help from us and what is syria going to do they don't have much involvement in iraq and i think iran will lissen to the uk :diablo:

I hope before doing anything and before, your own party kick your political azz out of labour party! Fix your own god damn country first! The public transport stinks man!

Mr.Blair is the reason why the British economy has been doing so good , Despite serious economics problems such as Increased Immigration, 9/11, and rising house prices. All this has been kept under cap by a very efficient labour party.

If you've watched Prime Ministers Questions you'll see the huge difference between someone with the charisma and intelligence of Tony Blair and a footstool like Micheal Howard or the recent newbie Dave Cameron

Mr.Blair is the reason why the British economy has been doing so good , Despite serious economics problems such as Increased Immigration, 9/11, and rising house prices. All this has been kept under cap by a very efficient labour party.

If you've watched Prime Ministers Questions you'll see the huge difference between someone with the charisma and intelligence of Tony Blair and a footstool like Micheal Howard or the recent newbie Dave Cameron

What you are saying might be true but, remember that he also joined the European union and backed up America! So! I'm sure they are going to get their share from Iraq anyway!

I never forget the moment that Blair clearly said on national TV that he had no choice other then following Americans plan! and people have to face the truth!

Considering that English pound still is at it's highest place compare to euro... This is not the British economy which keeps it that way! Remember how much taxes we pay and England still an old place with least attraction compare to other European countries! So!!!!!!??????

Iran would be very very stupid to help britain or america in iraq, they have plenty of sunnis and baluchis in iran waiting to strap bombs around themselves, thats the last thing we need tbh, suicide bombers in tehran and it will happen, i dont want iran to turn into pakistan where bombs go off every week or so etc.

It may sound good for iran, but in the long term its all bad, when ever britain is nice, you MUST know they have something evil up their sleeves, with britain you never get something without having to pay a HUGE price in return.

iran should always avoid UK. you should not be their friend and you should not be their enemy either.

iran have to do everything so they can avoid a conversation with UK because when they are in they would never step away