Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

Modern versions of FOLK-songs

Modern versions of FOLK-songs  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should they do it or not?

• No, those should be left alone period!
    • Yes, I wouldnt listen otherwise!
    • Yes, but only if they can make it well!
    • I dont like FOLK songs period!

If we're talking about Bahador, I must say that it shows that if you have a very original idea for the arrangement, then its worth it. His idea of the chanted vocals over a hard techno-miami freestyle beat was great. Though I only wanted to listen to the less obvious songs. The ones covering songs that are overly famous bore me, such as: Gol-e sangam. If you are doing a cover at least find something interesting.

I'm not a big fan of covers, but in the iranian community there are such missconceptions about the topic. For example, I heard these comments from this old "por oghd" iranian singer who thinks she's more famous than she really is: Elaaheh. Boy.... I had all these rare 45s from her that I was going to upload to my site, and I decided NOT too. Nakon-eh oghdesh as ru saghf beh-pareh.

I try to separate artists personalities from their work!!!

I recall our discussion in the other thread last week and I must say that for someone who says that he separates artists’ personalities from their work your last two days’ posting shows the opposite!

I try to separate artists personalities from their work!!!

I recall our discussion in the other thread last week and I must say that for someone who says that he separates artists’ personalities from their work your last two days’ posting shows the opposite!

Haa Haa, I know... I still try to be impartial, but sometimes one hears things that are just too much. Sort of like sensory overload!!!!! :))) And with Ghanbari and Elaahe, it has been sensory overload!!

Yes, but only if they can make it well!

In Spain there was the example of the artist called HEVIA.

The first two albums did really well. The problem is that you can do that only for two albums, but after that people just dont want more of the same thing.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Bahadar second CD.

Ok .... I heard the Bahador track the new one.

His voice sounds great. His voice and singing has improved.

Now, I'm not familiar with that particular folk song. The thing with folk songs is that "sometimes" they can be overly simplistic, as created by some peasant while working on the land or something.

Without knowing the history of the song, I found Yahoo to be one of those.

I like some of the stuff Gloria Rohani has released. For example Razianeh Razianeh was great. In the 90s she had a CD ( Dooneye Anaar ) which I just love.... Funny thing, I baught it by accident, then loved it.

Actually Bahador has an amazingly strange way of technically hiding and degrading his true vocal strength in his CLUB songs! I have had the privilege to hear ”colors of the wind” in unplugged ROCK by him and let me tell you that I couldn’t believe my ears! He is a strong Harmony singer!

Some of the covers are great! So if they can make it well, then yes. Otherwise noooooooo!!! :D