Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Siamak

Hollywood Boulevard

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)

My Rate :**-

theassassinationofjessebe3.jpg

It's gorgeous, but long, cumbersome, and slightly shallow.

Parts of the movie are brilliant in a Terrence Malick-inspired way, but the lugubrious middle section is badly in need of the hand of a ruthless editor.

bish az had toolani va shol o vel bood! amma bazi tasaviresh, makhsoosan oon sahneha ke ravayat mishod, kheili ziba boodand! moosighisham kheili ziba va ghamgin bood! az bazi bardare affleck khosham oomad, promising!

Casey%20Affleck%20as%20Bob%20Ford.jpgBobFord-275.jpg

bish az had toolani va shol o vel bood! amma bazi tasaviresh, makhsoosan oon sahneha ke ravayat mishod, kheili ziba boodand! moosighisham kheili ziba va ghamgin bood! az bazi bardare affleck khosham oomad, promising!

Agree with you Sir .

Eastern Promises (2007)

My Rate:***

ep.jpg

3 good things about this movie :

-no ordinary crime thriller

-expertly realized and gunmetal slick

-both director and actor makes this steely gangster drama reverberate long after it ends

I recommend it to all of you,if you are looking for a no ordinary crime thriller movie . :)

Shoot 'Em Up (2007)

My Rate:**+

shoot.jpeg

The most audacious, implausible, cheerfully offensive, hyperactive action picture I have seen since, oh, Sin City...the movie has a kinetic energy that would be envied by some bigger budgeted Hollywood fare.

The Brave One (2007)

My Rate:**

611_665.jpg

The work of first-rate filmmakers and actors doing everything they can to find the truth in the pulp and the bloodlust.

...and entertaining if absurd .

The Big White (2005)

My Rate:***

big_white.jpg

A very deep and emotional story, but very humourious as well.

Acting of Robins Williams is excellent.

A must-see movies!

The Flock (2007)

flock-poster-0.jpg

The subject matter for this movie is very difficult to watch and think about, but the story is good.

Although it is violent, but i think the director wants to put us in the frame of the crimes and their outragrous nature to gain our understanding and sympathy with Richard Gere and he successfully did it.

Rush Hour 3 (2007)

My Rate:*-

rushhour3_l200707161132.jpg

The routine goes awfully stale and junky, clunky, grimly unfunny.

War (2007)

My Rate:*+

poster1wm1.jpg

A plot twist so ingenious...almost redeems the rest of the flick.90-plus minutes of vacant macho brooding, dog-eared action-flick cliches and so so fight scenes that squander the talents of its star players.

Evan Almighty (2007)

My Rate :**

ea_psoter.jpg

Much of the slapstick comedy involved in the building is feeble, and the film never does something unexpected once the wheels are set in motion.amusing in pieces but, taken as a whole, it offers little, and the morality lesson is galling.

Guest triple555
Rush Hour 3 (2007)

My Rate:*-

rushhour3_l200707161132.jpg

The routine goes awfully stale and junky, clunky, grimly unfunny.

loool on the contrary, i thought this movie was hilarious!!!

Joshua (2007)

My Rate:***+

383dreatica.jpg

A brilliant house-of-horror tale with Hitchcockean flair."

Anxiety rules this rumbling horror tale of sibling jealousy kicked up a grim notch.

I recommend it to all of you guys.

Iranian Television broadcast American, English and European series and movies dubbed in Persian. The National Iranian Television N.I.T.V was considered as the second channel which had programs in English and the series could be followed in the original language. It was only by the mid Seventies that this channel was broadcast beyond Teheran, the Capital, to the whole country.

Like all new and foreign products these shows brought their share of good and bad. The characters in these shows sometimes served as new role models in a society which was quickly being modernized and westernized. Iranian Films as well as series were often copying these series to a certain extent but did not have the same success.

However Iranian productions such as Atash Bedooneh Dood, Soltaneh Saheb Gharan, Octopus,Daei Jan Napoleon, as well as TV shows like Mohandes Billi (BBC) were very popular and by the mid seventies equally competed with these western shows. The Iranian audience was therefore very much in phase with television programs in western democracies. I was often surprised to see fellow American comrades surprised to see their favorite TV show like Star Trek or Sesame Street on Iranian TV and in Persian.

tv1eh9.jpg

It is no surprise that one of the first decrees of the New revolutionary government was to censor all American shows or cartoons seen as a form of brainwashing and un Islamic The Disney channel shows which were extremely popular among the youth was gradually replaced by East European cartoons like "Lolek and Polek" which would also be subject to censorship for example if a girl would kiss or hold the hands of a boy.

Television was to become more and more dogmatic and entertainment programs were to be replaced by religious programs. At some point the Islamic Television was to be named "Sheesheh va Rish " i.e. "Glass and Beard" by secular Iranians One show called "Run Joe Run" about a dog who was a veteran of the Vietnam War was so successful that it kept being shown until the Hostage crisis of the US embassy started.

One can like or dislike the influence of these shows but one thing is certain they have influenced several generations of Iranians with the Western culture and habits. This could also probably explain why the Iranian Diaspora has had less difficulties in integration in the West than many other nationalities or minorities.

Dark Corners (2006)

My Rate : *+

51fow07ruhL.jpg

This movie was very unique, and that is about all I can say about it.

I like movies that are different, but it seemed like this movie tried too hard to be different and didn't give enough explanations to help the plot.

I was very disappointed.

Reservation Road (2007)

Reservation_road_(2007).jpg

There are too many coincidences and the ending is weak,despite some solid acting, the film is lacking in surprises.

The film looks and sounds tragic but hardly has the chops to feel tragic.

Transformers (2007)

My Rate :***+

transformers_bigoptposter.jpg

-Great special effects + Shia LaBeouf - flimsy story = a lot of fun.

-Sure, the action is over the top, but the people in charge seem completely aware that every scene is hokey.

It's a triumph of lowbrow consistency.perfectly embodies the concept of a summer blockbuster with its simple good-guys-vs.-bad-guys plot, cheeky humor and flawless special effects."

The Last Legion (2007)

My Rate : **+

1poster.jpg

-an almost touchingly jumbled Dino De Laurentiian historical Euro epic and not as bad as it sounds nor as good as it might have been.

Guest triple555

:punishing_wft: i've been wanting to see it soo bad but they stoped showing it after 1 day in my town's theatres!!!

Hitman (2007)

My Rate : **

hitman-poster03.jpg

-With a confusing premise and an equally unfathomable conclusion, Hitman really misses the mark.

-Does deserve some praise, even if it is faint and damning.

-...brain-dead and harrowingly unoriginal.

By the way ... Nice to meet you again guys ,Robert Knepper and Henry Ian Cusick :D .

506523154_931381a347.jpg

henry%20ian%20cusick%20lost%203.jpg

1408 (2007)

affiche-1408-2007-1.jpg

An artfully sustained atmosphere of dread and a ghost story with an eye toward the mind games people play on themselves in times of crisis.director Mikael Hafstrom...tightens the vise...with gleeful chaos.

Easily the best horror film of 2007.

I Am Legend (2007)

poster-i-am-legend-2.jpg

The only perspective you'll gain about being the last man on earth is that other cars never move and TV's always in reruns. Eerily similar.three movies in one: a futuristic effects-o-rama, a zombie thriller and a survivalist parable.

Each is better than average, and the experience is fairly gripping.

alternative edningesh ro ham didi? benazare man oon jalebtar bood garche akhare ketab ba hardo fargh dare!

alternative edningesh ro ham didi? benazare man oon jalebtar bood garche akhare ketab ba hardo fargh dare!

Beh in fekr mikardam keh ageh yek hamchin filmhaei ro 15 20 sale pish misakhtan,cheh jur final mizashtan barash chounkeh in jur dastan ha sakhteh keh akharesh razi bekoneh hameh fan ha va tamashagaran ro ! in DVD va extra and etc.. vaghean komak-e bozorgi kard va mikoneh beh adam, option mideh va fekr mikonam balayeh 90% mardom ro razi negah midareh .