Forum | Bia2.com

Over the Weekend I played both Battlefield and Uncharted 3. Both graphically great games.

We started with Battlefield on Friday night, loved it, nice graphics, good story and control, cool sound track, the climax for me personally was when they entered Tehran, what pleased me the most was how nicely they depicted Tehran and its architecture and streets etc. Very westernized and actually to me they made it look even nicer what it actually is! brows.gif

Haha at the Iranian insurgents in Iraq, and their cussing and shouting at the Americans! :)) :))

Uncharted 3, wow what can I say? perfection, it makes you feel as if you're watching a hollywood movie, its scenes, graphics, moves, angles, and how get to challenge all the hardships and troubles throughout your journey. I was indeed playing it with my friend and kept on switching from time to time, but even watching it while your friend plays it is quite delightful! afrique7bo.gif

Damn, WTH???? Can someone confirm this? this is sick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzaxlddWbk&feature=player_embedded

lol yep, Activision roped in the stars to promote and advertise MW3. I guess that is one of the luxuries of a multi-billion dollar franchise!! Money is no obstacle.

To be perfectly honest, after playing the game I'm more than disappointed. For the biggest entertainment franchise in history to be technically sub-par is completely unacceptable. Sure I accept the notion of not tinkering too much with a winning formula, but to completely negate any attempt at improving the graphics and game engine is ridiculous considering the developers wealth of funds and tools at their disposal. I guess this is what happens when you have a publisher like Activision who prefer to seek a Christmas release each and every year, rather than to take time to provide the consumer with the best technical product.

I will now be boycotting any game from Activision. For years I've been puzzled by many hardcore gamers turning their back on Call of Duty, but I've finally seen the light and have to concede that despite the Hollywood big guns and hysteria, the game itself is no longer at the pinnacle of First Person Shooter gaming.

Btw Keano jan, completely agree with you regards to Uncharted 3! What a fantastic game, one of the very best. In complete contrast to MW3, we have here a game that is as technically proficient as anything even on the PC, whilst having the allure of a fantastic film standard characters and script. This is what games should be all about. Not since Heavy Rain have I had such a great experience. Not sure whether it is purely coincidence that both are PS3 exclusives! My Xbox is now nothing more than a dust magnet. lol

Haha I've been there pourya jan!! It is dangerously addictive. I had to delete it off my phone, I was actually late for lectures thanks to that damn game :haha:

Are you happy you opted for the iPhone then? Which model do you have? I love my iPhone4, best phone I've ever had...

Haha, I have now even bought Angry Birds Rio and Seasons! :damn: saw an angry bird dock-station for iPhone yeterday and cant believe I was tempted! :bl :haha:

I am very happy Pedram jan, as you know I waited to upgrade from the most simple phone to iPhone and got the 4s a month ago! It has made my life much easier, everything is there and I do no longer need to wait to get behind a computer to be up to date! The only downside is the battery drainage of the 4s, despite the software update it swallows battery and you have to have an extra charging cable with you everywhere just in case.

Glad you're happy with it pourya jan. As you say, it does everything you need, on the move. I couldn't be without it, it is so user friendly too.

I have the iPhone 4 which also suffers from crappy battery life :( I think your 4S has better battery life. THe only way I seem to get more out of my battery is by continually closing all my apps in background, by double clicking the big button on the home screen you can see which apps are still churning out your battery and clse them accordingly.

I use a Bose dock which has absolutely immaculate sound replication. highly recommend them if you are considering a dock for your iPhone pourya jan.

I think there is a bot difference between 4 and 4s regarding the big button functions pedram jan, many of its functions have been changed.

brought a new game called pyramid breaker, just like the old Arknoid. do you know any good site, blog that reviews games for iPhone?

thanks for the Bose recommendation, not looking for any dock atm. I still havent got used to the music player on the iPhone since unlike my sony walkman it does not recognise folders created in windows. Meaning that if I place a folder with 60 mp3 songs called hits of 2011 in it it dissolves the map itself and adds the songs to an infinite playlist! also it does not always recognise album categorisation for stuff not bought on iTunes. maybe its just me who is not accustomed to iTunes transference yet

I hear you pourya jan, I have exactly the same reservations with iTunes. If you purchase stuff from iTUnes OR rip your cd collections direct, it works wonderfully. If however you are using folders on your computer with individual mp3s etc, it can become a nightmare, particularly if you are a organisation freak like myself hehe. I like EVERY single song/album to have the official artwork and correct categorisation(s)!! So it is often a meticulous and time consuming process updating the individual tracks and allocating them to correct albums and structure.

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, there is no other way around it other than to manually change them. What I will say though is that iTunes in general, is a fantastic tool technically. It will convert and enhance compressed audio better than any other package out there, which when combined with a decent set of headphones is distinctly detectable.

With regards to games, I highly recommend Gamespot & IGN, as with consoles they provide the most comprehensive reviews/previews. THe App Store user reviews are quite good too, as they are not filtered, you get a fair assessment across the board from users.

Yeah, therefore I can understand that there is still a market for other brands creating media players. I wanted to give away my sony player but now i wont, it is more user friendly when it comes to plug and play function. I recall the old sony minidisc players having the same trouble as iTunes with a program included for ripping, it enforced restrictions on songs and so on. Good move from sony to scrap those restrictions.

If I buy an album from iTunes, does it come with restrictions? or do I own those files and can use them on my sony player as well?

Great that you mentioned earphones pedram jan, cuz I was to ask you whether there is a headset that is both adequate for music listening (incl remote control) and phone speaking? I dont find anything better than the simple iPhone set that is sold everywhere.

When you purchase an album from iTunes, the files will be in your PC folder, those can be used elsewhere. So there is no real restrictions. THe good thing about iTunes music is that all will be 320kpbs AAC encoded, which is superior to mp3. It is less compressed and again through good earphones, a trained ear can tell the difference. I am very susceptible to audio quality, for example a 128kpbs track is useless to me!

Headphones all depend on budget pourya jan...Is it in-ear phones your looking for, or an actual headset? The Beats range are extremely popular here and are somewhat of a fashion accessory. The bass replication is superb, but their all-round performance is uneven, particularly at the high end! They do have built in speaker facility though and integrate well with the iPhone itself.

One of my friends has these bad boys, which are very very good...Alternatively, Sennheiser and Sony do earphones with mics...

Thanks for the info Pedram jan, I still havent found an in-ear phone "plug" that stays in my ear!lol so I am looking for the classic in ear phones. I am not an audio buff but neither do I appreciate bad ear-phones, like the one that came with iPhone. They are Shoot! guess I have to search a bit til I find something.

Btw, loving the name Hitman gameplay! Kinda reminds me of Batman, this is a game for me!

I've not played any of the Hitman games, never appealed to me technically. This one however looks very impressive. The lighting and all-round graphics look far more advanced than the previous incarnations of the series. I may just pick that bad boy up myself, if time permits me!

Have you played the latest Uncharted yet pourya jan? What a fabulous game!

As my term comes to a close at Uni, I'll be playing through Heavy Rain for the second time. Each game brings different scenarios and story apparently, so I'm really looking forward to unravelling more of the story.

Another game which I'm eagerly anticipating is "I Am Alive", which comes to PS3 & Xbox360. Not only does the story look pleasing, but it looks like a technical marvel! Check out this trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN0CiFs3U9I

It does kinda remind of Uncharted, somehow ...

No I have yet not played any uncharted game!lol both are sealed on the shelves. Ironically I had more time when I studied!lol I wont have any day off til summer, will be working even during the holidays! I think the PS vita will be a solution for my gaming, since just like the iPhone its portable and I can sit and play on my breaks and moments of free time.

Nice trailer!! Naughty Dog seem to be able to bring magic out of a PS3 like no other developer. They have perfected the means to utilise its capability. This looks to be another graphical tour de force. I have to say though, I'm a little bored of the zombie action bloodfest style! I much prefer the survival horror genre, less is more when it comes to zombies. The original Resident Evil games and Dead Space, are classic examples of survival horror. The unexpected is scarier than a zombie around every corner!

Hmmm the quality of that trailer seems in stark contrast to the others I've seen. Is that the handheld version maybe?

The voice acting sounds horrific as does the graphics....

I finally got an iPhone lol and am getting addicted to Angry birds :damn: :haha:

LOL bro I guess we all have gone through that. pretty addictive! :D

is there a handheld version? I think this is the regular one

You're right pourya jan, there is no handheld version. Actually the game will only be available as an online game!! As such, I won't expect much from it...

Speaking of hand-held I cant wait to get my hands on the upcoming PS Vita! My only q is whether to get one with 3G or not ...

I finally got an iPhone lol and am getting addicted to Angry birds :damn: :haha:

LOL bro I guess we all have gone through that. pretty addictive! :D

very much so bro, I have bought all kinds of variations of it! :D