Forum | Bia2.com

well, I think that this pic was officially released by Nintendo, but only as a possible design!

I have also seen a pic of the forthcoming portable Play Station, looks very nice! But Microsoft have announced that they wont be working on a portable console, sadly! <_<

It wouldn't make sense to have dual screens and have them side by side :huh:

Anyways, the Sony handheld is going to be amazing :D I think it's called the Sony PSP.

It's capable of producing graphics comparable to the PS2 if not better. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Guest Guest_Keano
PSP pics:

PSP game

Coooooooooooool! :p

Now I can even drive and play! B)

But seriously, it's really cool! ;)

Guest fardad behzadzadeh

hey guys

anybody into quake III arena, or intrested in upcoming doom III,

ummmm, my ps2 favorites: ssx 3, thug , kingdome hearts, soul calibur 2.

by the way, any news on a possible soul calibur 3((hopefully online)).

later

Quake and Unreal are classics; I used to play till morning sometimes :lol:

Soul Calibur 2 is sweet and online play would make it sooooooo awsome!

SSX is one of my favorite games too :)

As for Doom 3; the pics online look fantastic; can't wait for it!

For now, I'm wasting countless hours playing Medal of Honor online :)

Difference between PS2 & Xbox is that Xbox is a stronger machine in any kind of way! Got a bigger processor, better graphic card, games like Ninja Gaiden damn !! :p

However PS2 got more games due to it's ability to play the old PS1 games. However since Xbox is microsoft and microsoft is bill gates he is never going to stop before he get's numeros uno in the world :ph34r:

Guest fArdAd

that doom III trailer was sick, one thing i want to ask u guys, i recently after saving a bit of money and working on my credit, i managed to get me powerbook g4, 1 gig ram, ati 128 m.., u think it can handle doom III.

later

The DOOM 3 trailer looked great, but it didn't impress me that much in terms of graphics, maybe that's because the game is not polished yet; let's hope so :rolleyes:

I'm a computer science student yet I don't know too much about macs :lol:

I'm planning on getting one in the future; jeeeesh they're so damn expensive!

I rather build my own ibm system B)

Anyway, I think macs usually have lower clock speeds, but that may not be too much of a factor if their architecture is different.

By the way, you guys should check out the Mortal Kombat Deception trailer, it's the bomb! Especially with online capabilities :D

Guest Guest_fArdAd

computer science major, awsome.

i'm working on computer information systems, hopefully by the end of this fall , i'll transfer to a university.

how do u like your major so far, how far r u, do u do any c programming ?

the reason i'm a bit curious is that i was in a dillema, and finally i decided to mix business and computers, rather than computer science, but i still have the chance to change my direction..

later

Actually I was in a bit of a dilemma myself. I studied biology for 3yrs and let me tell you, I didn't like it one bit! It showed too, my grades were awful. In the back of my mind, I always wanted to work with computers and it has always been my dream to work in the video game industry. So, I finally decided to change majors in my fourth year and study comp sci instead of bio. I should've graduated last year, but I'm happy that I switched programs; I'm not too far behind though. I am using most of my courses from my previous years as electives :D

As far as C or C++, the answer would have to be no. Although, Java is very similar to C++ if not better. I'm planning on studying C++ on my own if they don't introduce it to us soon; it shouldn't be too much of a challenge since I'm already very good with object oriented languages.

My advice to you is that you should follow your heart! Study the thing you're most passionate about; I wasted 3 yrs studying biology.

I wonder if Doom III will be available on X-Box/PS2 as well! The trailer Loox nice, I love horor games!!!! B)

Guest Guest_fArdAd

doom III will be on x box from what i heard.

farsheed, thank you for your advise, i do admire your will and ability to make decisions and sticking to it.

i have been away from school for 2 years (working freaking customer service, and not just any customer service, AOL customer service, u can just imagine the level of stress ...!!!))one day i just walked out. i'm planing to take out loans and start a heavy duty student life, my aa will be done this fall, i just have to finance myself for about 2 more years, and i'm sure i can find a decent job after graduation to pay the loan payments, i just need a peaceful and calm life while i'm going to school.

what do u think dude, were u able to work and study?,

i hope i could take out enough to support a decent life,

later

doom III should be out in the US right now, the official realese date was either yesterday or the day before, I read!

Guest Guest_Keano
that doom III trailer was sick, one thing i want to ask u guys, i recently after saving a bit of money and working on my credit, i managed to get me powerbook g4, 1 gig ram, ati 128 m.., u think it can handle doom III.

later

It sure will! ;)

what do u think dude,  were u able to work and study?,

No it's impossible, at least for me it is. University life is very hard; I miss sleep and I don't even work. This summer, I was supposed to work and save-up for next year's tuition, but I had a car accident :(

Anyways, I'm gonna get some help from my parents :D

As far as loans go; I would suggest that u stay away! The lenders bothered me too much. For example, I remember a few semesters when I couldn't handle the course load and therefore had to drop 1 or 2 courses; the lenders gave me a rough time and forced me to take more courses!!!! I was told that either I study FULL time or start paying off the loans :angry: In the end, I decided to come off the loans. Save up for your 1st year and try to get jobs in the summer time.

Good luck bro :)

doom III should be out in the US right now, the official realese date was either yesterday or the day before, I read!

I think those copies are for the people who reserved copies well in advance.

If you want one, you'll have to wait a while.

Guest Guest_Keano
what do u think dude,  were u able to work and study?,

No it's impossible, at least for me it is. University life is very hard; I miss sleep and I don't even work. This summer, I was supposed to work and save-up for next year's tuition, but I had a car accident :(

Anyways, I'm gonna get some help from my parents :D

As far as loans go; I would suggest that u stay away! The lenders bothered me too much. For example, I remember a few semesters when I couldn't handle the course load and therefore had to drop 1 or 2 courses; the lenders gave me a rough time and forced me to take more courses!!!! I was told that either I study FULL time or start paying off the loans :angry: In the end, I decided to come off the loans. Save up for your 1st year and try to get jobs in the summer time.

Good luck bro :)

I did both for 5 years!

Guest Guest_fArdAd

thanx dude, but just couple more question please, u said u r now being backed by your parents, which is what i'm planning to do, but i always like to think of the worse case scenario.... have u ever tried to work all summer , and actually save enough to take u through the whole academic year? , the reason i'm asking is because the only career i can think of that could give me such money is waiting tables.

now if i commit myself to the classes take all the loans i can, and go with the scheduale, when i graduate, do i have the 6 months grace period for all loans, or some unsubsidized loans want u to pay right away? approximate payment?

i really do appreciate your feedback,

Guest Guest_fArdAd

hey keano

u said u did both for 5 years, meaning u worked 40 hours a week, and attended school, were u a full time student ? whats your major if u don't mind me asking, and were u happy during the time, or it was just hard work?

were u able to land a job in the same feild of your study?

l

thanx dude,  but just couple more question please,  u said u r now being backed by your parents, which is what i'm planning to do, but i always like to think of the worse case scenario.... have u ever tried to work all summer , and actually save enough to take u through the whole academic year? , the reason i'm asking is because the only career i can think of that could give me such money is waiting tables.

now if i commit myself to the classes take all the loans i can, and go with the scheduale, when i graduate, do i have the 6 months grace period for all loans, or some unsubsidized loans want u to pay right  away?  approximate payment?

i really do appreciate your feedback,

I've pretty much relied on student loans, but I do have a friend who works the whole summer.

He does construction and let me tell u, he makes big bucks $$$$$ anywhere upto $19/hour canadian.

My university has a service where they allow employers to post jobs for students ONLY and they pay good money most of the time. I found a couple of nice computer jobs for this summer, but couldn't go because of my car accident. Talk with an advisor from the university you want to attend and see what services they offer to students. As for the grace period, I'm pretty sure we have something like that here in British Columbia, Canada. You didn't say where you were from, so I wouldn't know if it is the same for you. Talk to the loan agencies (government now in B.C.) and ask them.

Good luck :)

Guest Guest_fArdAd

hey farsheed,

i'm located in florida, and thanx for the input again,

later