Forum | Bia2.com
irannostalgia

Comments on new iranian releases

Your initial thoughts were spot on pourya jan, Samyar's album is a big disapointment. Void of any HIT or memorable melody, all the more surprising if Nami did work on this.

I think basically the case is that these two, Samyar and Nami, somehow bring out the weakest in each other when collaborating! Sometimes its like that, strangely! Though skilled individually! While Samyar's collaboration with Ehsan, though shortcoming technically, resulted in much more charm and catchy material! You can see that in this album, Banafsheh (Ehsan duet) might very well be technically the weakest and outdated track but the formula is more charming and working than any other on tis album! It sounds like "Samyar", the sound that got him so far! While the new album deprives him of this strength while boosting it with ingredients that he doesn't really benefit from!

You've hit the nail on the head there i think pourya jan. Hehe, that paragrpah reminded me of your reviews, so i'm going to ask....When can we expect a new one? :brows: lol

hehe, well Hamid Askari's is in the writing so that one is coming up, more I can't really say since I'm buried in projects. Hopefully during summer I have more time and by then more albums will see the light of day as well.

Look forward to hearing that. I'm hoping we will see some new album's @ norooz to coincide with the touring stint. Doubt it'll happen though.

hehe, well Hamid Askari's is in the writing so that one is coming up, more I can't really say since I'm buried in projects. Hopefully during summer I have more time and by then more albums will see the light of day as well.

Pourya jaan, this is completely off topic, but why you ever shaved your head is beyond me... You have awesome hair man.

lol Thanks but then again does one have to have lost his hair or have bad hair in oder to shave his head? :D To me bald head in itself is a style and image, which I might use again for a change!

Sorry but --- LoooL .

Hedayat.jpg

I have never been a fan of his vocal ornamentation however here in my opinion he doesnt sound as melodramatic as he does on his albums, its less ornamented and stripped which is good to my ears!

I agree, i think this acoustic setting brings out a milder and more appealing tone in his voice. Hopefully his live performance can capture this, although unfortunately i won't be able to attend the gig :(

A new Andy soundalike has arrived, Payam and his album "Emperatoor"! vocally and musically he sounds awful! :haha:

A very generic track. I liked some of his songs with Kamran and Hooman though!

I have just heard that Omid's new album will drop on March 20th, i'm very eager to see how it fares considering the conflicting qualities of the single release's thus far. Hoping for some edgier material similar to the last release and that the production accentuates his wonderful voice. Fingers crossed!

Yes his work for Kamran and Hooman in their first album sounded fresh, however since then things have come to be repeated far too often. And it doesn't really help the reinvention of his music when the lyrical themes and patterns are repeated by Maryam! There was a day that his creations stood out in an album, those days are gone sadly.

As you know I', not a big Omid fan so I'm not particularly expecting this album, but his last one was like I've wrote in my review closer to what I want to hear from him.

Yea i remember your review pourya jan. Well at least it's nice to see a high profile release FINALLY. let's hope this opens the gates to some more big releases!

Well it seems Googoosh's new CD was released officially yesterday, entitled "Hajme Sabz". Glad to see it includes the single "Aabi" from some time ago.

7baaacaa-original.jpeg

I think we may just be seeing the end of the drought!!!!

lol man this looks crappy!

hajme sabz means green x?lol hehe, talk about political flirt of double nature!

lol yea i didn't understand the "X" part either, if they don't translate literally then at least just leave the farsi title without translation!

It seem's Googoosh has been more politcally vocal in her music recently, which i've heard alot of people disapprove of. Can't say that i share that sentiment, an artist should be able to digress as he/she chooses.

Edited by Omega

lol not strange! after that clip of shohreh lashing out at her (posted in googoosh thread) last summer she suddenly became the spearhead of the green x ... i mean "volume"... i mean movement! :haha:

well the clip has gone private now but might be found elsewhere on youtube! but basically googoosh was one of the few who remained completely silent and that got Shohreh really snapping LIVE on TV! after that suddenly googoosh came with a press-release and the usual stunts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qaAWlAZMJo