Forum | Bia2.com
irannostalgia

Comments on new iranian releases

I must say I agree with Pedram when it comes to Jamshid! The new song just doesnt changi be del!lol

Personally I'm looking forward to Shahram Shabpareh's upcoming album!

lol yea agreed! Babaks is the one im looking forward to right now :) i trust you will be reviewing it upon release Pourya jan?

He is to send me the album for review, it will be interesting to hear the new tracks. This is a rather peculiar and insecure time in the industry, normally there is a lot of hype about upcoming albums for the fall but this year there hasnt been many!

One thing I love about Jamshid's new album is the song, "Paak Sho" because as a Iranian American it makes me proud to see a Kurdish singer from Iran sing about something that is a serious issue in Iran.

One thing I love about Jamshid's new album is the song, "Paak Sho" because as a Iranian American it makes me proud to see a Kurdish singer from Iran sing about something that is a serious issue in Iran.

Yeah, I agree. Babak Radmanesh lyrics are largely meaningful, original and are made to have a positive impact! I have a lot of respect for him. :bow:

Pourya jan, i can't tell you how pleased i was when reading your blog yesterday, Benyamin will finally come out of the wilderness, and with 20 tracks!!! I sure hope he hasn't neglected quality for quantity! Do you know when the release is slated for?

hehe, I actually thought of you when posting it Pedram jan! I have no clue when but my guess is in the coming months.

Haha! Great news! Thanks for the update Pourya jan. I think i'll try pick up the Jamshid album this weekend, despite being put off by what i've heard so far.

Pourya akharesh man in review hayeh to ro varmidaram va midozdam,minevisam tuyeh ye ketab beh esme khodam :D .

Great review on Arash's new album Pourya jan, thoroughly enjoyed it, it seems we share the same favourite tracks from both albums!! "Dasa Bala" needs to be released as a single, even if the ethno-indian/punjabi influence does give out a skewed impression of "persian" music lol!!

My only fav arab singer is Ragheb Alama!

his music is always new and interesting! khosham miad ke eyne bishtare khahandeha arab nemiad hamash oon tabl o music backgrounde arabi ro bezare!

and i just bought his latest CD "Ba'sha'ak"! hamishe Ahangaye aroom ya asheghanash ro doos daram va bazi az ahangaye shadesh ham!

so i was listening to the new cd! in the booklet i noticed a pic of him with a beautiiiiiiiiiiiiiful girl who he has a duet with! named "لغی"!

My first guess was shes lebanese like him or probably turkish! but to my surprise she sings iranian!!

Any Idea who she is pourya ??? and how she came to sing with ragheb??

as i heard ragheb is an artist who always likes to introduce new talents! and i heard that he was the one who brought elissa to fame!

My only fav arab singer is Ragheb Alama!

his music is always new and interesting! khosham miad ke eyne bishtare khahandeha arab nemiad hamash oon tabl o music backgrounde arabi ro bezare!

and i just bought his latest CD "Ba'sha'ak"! hamishe Ahangaye aroom ya asheghanash ro doos daram va bazi az ahangaye shadesh ham!

so i was listening to the new cd! in the booklet i noticed a pic of him with a beautiiiiiiiiiiiiiful girl who he has a duet with! named "لغی"!

My first guess was shes lebanese like him or probably turkish! but to my surprise she sings iranian!!

Any Idea who she is pourya ??? and how she came to sing with ragheb??

as i heard ragheb is an artist who always likes to introduce new talents! and i heard that he was the one who brought elissa to fame!

im searching for a while and cant find who she is !

this is the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RtMRTDc81Y

its not the actual video

I dont know who she is Ahmad, my guess is her name is farokhlagha and is active locally and somehow discovered by Ragheb! if you can call it dicovery with that voice!lol

I like Ragheb, much better since he trimmed his fob sibil! :haha:

lol looks and sounds like an iranian haifa! :p

come ooonnn!!! haifa is uglyyy :p she got famous for her ""aaah" and "ooooh"s ! :)) funny how she fits them in her every single song :p

this girl is actually hot!

lol I cant see her behind all the arabian style make-up, so I cant tell! :p

baz haifa aghalan ye aho naale mikone! :haha:

Pourya i noticed u havnt reviewed any of mohammad esfahani's albums! howcome ?

i think ur review on his last album would be interesting to read !

Mohammad Esfehani's music falls in the same category as Shakila's and others I dont review, I dont consider it modern music! My field is modern music and Sure a couple of tracks here and there cross over but not enough for me to review! I don't review classic music or classically orinted music simply cause I do not have the insight and the tools to do so! Its for others who have grip to attend to it. I stick to what I know and can do best! ;)

Mohammad Esfehani's music falls in the same category as Shakila's and others I dont review, I dont consider it modern music! My field is modern music and Sure a couple of tracks here and there cross over but not enough for me to review! I don't review classic music or classically orinted music simply cause I do not have the insight and the tools to do so! Its for others who have grip to attend to it. I stick to what I know and can do best! ;)

Have you heard his last album ??!! i dont think it can be called classic!

i'd love to hear ur opinion on "Maro Ey Doost" "Havaye To" and others like that! but u know ur work best

I consider a song like "maro ey doost" as classically rooted! Sure the musical arrangemnt is mainly electronic but its still not modern music to me! "Havaye To" I havent heard though! Overall many try to update such music with new arrangements but it stays at that level!

Hengameh

Yaa tow yaa hichkas digheh.

Comment: I had really liked her first album. So I was passionately waiting for the second one. Anyway, I just saw the first video for her upcoming second album, this one to be release by Taraneh. Honestly, I was very dissapointed. The song is so formulaic and weak! :(

I totally agree with you.. I really liked her first album. She had so much passion in her voice and music...

Pourya jan, great review on Mohsen Chavoshi. One of your most engaging reviews yet. My personal opinion upon listening to it was one of complete shock. I find it incredible that he has managed to gain such a huge following and popularity with such a weak voice. Even the comforts of studio alteration do little in masking the reality of it. Furthermore, it does little in the way of helping and re-energising an ailing domestic music scene. The music and arrangements are actually vastly superior and fresh, but the voice does them a great dis-service! Still, as you mentioned, it seems to be selling like hotcakes so maybe the problem lies with my own ears lol..

Btw, who is the chick in your sig? Great rack!!!

Edited by Omega