Forum | Bia2.com
irannostalgia

Comments on new iranian releases

Is that so?!! There you go, I was under the impression that you found the album great! I guess I was wrong! ;)

About the Arian, if you'd consider submitting the album digitally I would be glad to review! If you are interested plz send me a PM in this regard! Thanks Pedram jan!

DJ aligator feat. mohammad esfahani ? Is that a new song ? or has aligator just remixed one of esfahanis old songs ??

I absolutly adore esfahani's music voice and personality! im a HUGE FAN! but ill be really amazed if he worked with aligator! not that its a bad thing! its just something i didnt expect :p

im asking all this coz my internet is too slow i can listen to it myself :p

and btw! i was SOOOO excited the first time i heard rastin's samples! now that the album is out! i dunno im just not that into it! maybe its because of the exams! but i guess thats what happens when they delay an album for this long! am i right pourya ? even the fans just loose interest

you being an esfehani fan should tell me the answer ahmad!lol :p i am not so familar with his music since its not my cup of tea and neither are artists who call themselves Dr. on the covers which Dr Esfehani sometimes does!lol but as far as i know its a collaboration!

about simorgh, i was never thrilled about it even back then! introducing a new ebi isnt what i look forward to hear! and i thought i was a nitpicker, a reader emaild me and what buggs him is that in the song hesadat rastin sings "gorbe" while the text says "gerye"! :))

you being an esfehani fan should tell me the answer ahmad!lol :p i am not so familar with his music since its not my cup of tea and neither are artists who call themselves Dr. on the covers which Dr Esfehani sometimes does!lol but as far as i know its a collaboration!

about simorgh, i was never thrilled about it even back then! introducing a new ebi isnt what i look forward to hear! and i thought i was a nitpicker, a reader emaild me and what buggs him is that in the song hesadat rastin sings "gorbe" while the text says "gerye"! :))

loool! his right! he does say hesadat be gorbehaye to !!!!!! :)) looooooool

oh and btw mohammad esfahani is a Doctor :p so why not say it ?:p i sure would have! :p

and i heard the song atlast! its an old song! an old sonnati song infact one of my FAVs which mr aligator has remixed and ruined the whole song!

I love googoosh's new video!

hearing her old songs with her recent voice! LOVE IT :p

sedash be nazaram na tanha zesht nashode taze ye jazabiyate khasi ham peyda karde ! faqat age befahme o bikhiale mehrdad asemani she o ba shamayi zade o zoland kar kone dobare ! she could be the BEST again! the same old GOOGOOSH!

yeah shamaizadeh should write one of his latest masterpieces for her!lol

You would huh, then I got the perfect artist for you:

Dr Ali Morshedi

I guess if you live in middle east you need no reason or relevance to use and emphasise your professional titles such as "doctor" or "mohandes (engineer)" out of the relevant occupational context!

we gharbzadehs call it "oghde"!lol :D

yeah shamaizadeh should write one of his latest masterpieces for her!lol

You would huh, then I got the perfect artist for you:

Dr Ali Morshedi

I guess if you live in middle east you need no reason or relevance to use and emphasise your professional titles such as "doctor" or "mohandes (engineer)" out of the relevant occupational context!

we gharbzadehs call it "oghde"!lol :D

I absolutely agree Pourya, using "Dr" outside of the chosen field is a sign of unecessary elitism. It seems rather prevelant particularly in Iran for one to apply the Dr title at every possible opportunity, when indeed it can be totally irrelevant, undermining and darn right funny at best.

I've heard two tracks from SANDY's forthcoming album which they've sent me, "Aghaaye Raees Jomhoor" and "Gharne 21" and they seem to be going back to their old socio-critical themes and satyrical styles!

Nice review of Rastin's CD Pourya jan, i also read your connected blog (review update) today and have to ask.... who are the "big boys :punishing_wft: ?!" lol!! :)))

lol good question Pedram jan! for a second I thought I was in a Sopranos episode!lol :D

lol :))) I found it rather amusing myself! In my opinion it shows the inexperience of the artist in handling fair critique.

Finally got hands on a copy of Arash's new CD "Donya", just what i expected, predictable, commerically pleasing, formulaic pop. There are 1 or 2 stand out tracks, but the rest i found quite mundane and at times quite forced and contrived. However, my hat goes off to the awesome Ali Payami the remix king! His 80's/electro remix of "Donya" is simply perfect in every way, i cant get enough of it! Pourya jan, i assume you will be reviewing this title?

Well Pedram jan, Henrik who is Arash's manager has said that he wants to send me the album for reviewing! However it will be officially released in the end of August here and most western countries but the Iranian etailers are already selling it! not sure about the deal!

lol Well i think quite a few retailers have broken the release date then 'cause it seems quite readily available!!

Pourya jan, great news in your blog regarding Babaks debut CD!!! Thanks for the update!!! I'm confused though....the last i heard he was releasing it via DJ Alligators label (Gator Records), what happened? I'm very suprised but elated to see an Iranian release will be fully distributed within the likes of HMV, Zavvi etc!! This marks a breakthrough (at least in the UK) with regards to an Iranian Cd with such extensive and broad distribution!! :D

hiiii!

its been a long time since i last posted here!

well nothing really interesting came so im not to blame!

but a while back i heard shahrzad's new songs on her myspace! and from that day ive made an exception and im getting myself an internet credit card to buy them! (what can i just dont trust the internet!)

and pourya i read about them on ur blog today, but seems like they're not on the list anymore! why ? i can listen to them but not buy them!

any idea on when is her official album coming out? is she planning on releasing one at all?

I've been a HUGE fan of her music ever since i first heard her songs few years ago! LOVE her voice!

There is a reason why I encouraged you guys to read her blog!lol :p

"Friday, August 01, 2008

For anybody who is interested, you can now hear some of my new songs on a myspace site. I've worked with a very talented song-writer/musician, Giampiero Scuderi on this album. The songs are not released on an album yet, but the music can be purchased on myspace and later on itunes, etc.

This is the closest thing to my heart. A mix of songs, some in persian, some in English and some in French and the English lyrics are written by me, the Persian & French by other lyricists. Basically it's all mixed up like myself!

The best way to promote an album is by word of mouth, although ultimately the best way is to get a record deal. but you never know nowadays. The music industry has changed so much there is no "one" way to go about it."

So no record deal yet!

I dont know why you are not able to buy them at the moment, maybe you should contact her and ask! she is very friendly so I'm sure she will help you out to support her! :)

"Friday, August 01, 2008

For anybody who is interested, you can now hear some of my new songs on a myspace site. I've worked with a very talented song-writer/musician, Giampiero Scuderi on this album. The songs are not released on an album yet, but the music can be purchased on myspace and later on itunes, etc.

This is the closest thing to my heart. A mix of songs, some in persian, some in English and some in French and the English lyrics are written by me, the Persian & French by other lyricists. Basically it's all mixed up like myself!

The best way to promote an album is by word of mouth, although ultimately the best way is to get a record deal. but you never know nowadays. The music industry has changed so much there is no "one" way to go about it."

So no record deal yet!

I dont know why you are not able to buy them at the moment, maybe you should contact her and ask! she is very friendly so I'm sure she will help you out to support her! :)

actualy i had read that! thats why i asked u :p thought u might know somthing:P

Im not much of a fan of jamshid, so I don't know if its just shadmehr aghili's name or what, but i really like his latest video ! Tanhayi i think! and is that mandolin playing at the begining ?:p

Does Omid plan to release a new album anytime soon??? Whatever happened to Amo???? I am so glad Jahan released a new album which has been on rotation in my car :clap2:

"Friday, August 01, 2008

So no record deal yet!

actualy i had read that! thats why i asked u :p thought u might know somthing:P

Im not much of a fan of jamshid, so I don't know if its just shadmehr aghili's name or what, but i really like his latest video ! Tanhayi i think! and is that mandolin playing at the begining ?:p

I'm actually the opposite, a great admirer of Jamshids last 2 albums, but from what i've heard from the latest prom vids i've been slightly disappointed. Just hoping the rest of the album is better than what i've heard so far.

Sammy, i'm not sure about Omid but it's been awhile now since his last offering, although if my memory serves me correct there was a 5 year gap between releases previously. Does anyone else have any news?

I must say I agree with Pedram when it comes to Jamshid! The new song just doesnt changi be del!lol

Personally I'm looking forward to Shahram Shabpareh's upcoming album!