Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Bia-Ped

Reza Pahlavi - Shahs Son

Hello,

What is everybodies view on Reza Pahlavi as a politician and as an Iranian challenging the current regime?

I personally admire his current understanding of the regime in Iran, i don't see him as a replacement at all, but as an opposition voice i think he is vital to the unity of Iranians .... :punk:

Hello,

What is everybodies view on Reza Pahlavi as a politician and as an Iranian challenging the current regime?

I personally admire his current understanding of the regime in Iran, i don't see him as a replacement at all, but as an opposition voice i think he is vital to the unity of Iranians .... :punk:

Sorry,but which Unity ? and who said he's an opposition voice ? can you give me the source of your info ? Thx.

Polished façade, eloquent words, diplomatically unclear stance towards the rest of the opposition! A true diplomat of Western nature! However paradoxical when the façade is scraped! Doesn’t really reveal his own political agenda and stance towards monarchy! Does seemingly rejects a future claim on the throne and wants to be treated as a common man but never argues explicitly nor implicitly when someone addresses him as the crown-prince or when he is treated as a royalty! His ”emrooz faghat ettehaad” slogan either conveys his naivety considering the facts of history and the actual nature of the current Iranian politics and mentality or diplomatic unrealism! As long as he doesn’t elaborate on what premise and ideology he is going to base his policies on (since he has openly stated that he is interested in running for some kind of office in a future system if people elect him, what kind of party or program he is to advocate exactly isn’t really clear) I will have my reservations in regard to Reza Pahlavi! He has cards up his sleeve that he is not revealing yet!

Siamak - When i speak of unity, i refer merely to his desire for Iranians to unite against their government to achieve overthrowing them.

Pourya - I agree with some of your sentiments towards RP, particularly with his aspirations to covertly seek his own agenda. But this could be said of most politicians around the globe.

Of course, that’s why I said that he is a typical diplomat and politician! However diffuse and out of place outside a party-political system! Its not hard to place rest of the opposition on a scale since they display fangs and claws and no longer chant for the superficial unity that they sought after in the revolution! In this league of radicals R Pahlavi and his tolerant approach are just as unrealistic as Khatami and his call for tolerance and civil society was in the system of IRI! They both were diplomats and spoke pretty words and painted pretty pictures, but not really realistic! R Pahlavi does line up all items of a democratic state and nation like most democratic parties around the globe however he should first come up with a program of his own where he elaborates on his own formula for such in an Iranian context! A realistic one!

Oh! This is just great! Out of a frying pan, into another frying pan! This is just great! :clap2: :)))

Pouria jan, ye chizi beineh man va to !! .. Khodaeish fekr mikoni ''ishan'' cheghadar mituneh in ghodrat ro dashteh basheh keh bargardeh Iran va dorost va hesabi hokumat koneh zamanikeh hatta bozorgtarin saltanat talabha,ishan ro ghaboul nadaran beh khatereh osul va raveshi keh payband hast dar rabeteh ba din va syasat !!!

Beh khatereh ba'azi az masael,ertebateh ziadi ba saltanat talbha va ''....'' daram,hich kodumeshoun idea nadaran varayeh erae kardane yek rahi barayeh azadieh Iran ! (Hatta bahs va jadal daran barayeh etehhad shodan barayeh aziadieh iran !!!) .

Pourya jan, Shoma fekr mikoni Reza Pahlavi II mituneh mesleh King Simeone basheh? keh in agha umad va referendum ijad kard touyeh Bulgaria va gozasht mardom touyeh entekhabat behesh vote bedan va biad faghat mesleh yek president basheh va nah kaseh digeh .

E'etemad nadaram !

Interview with VOA TV

Mize Gerdy ba Shoma- August 23rd, 2006

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/audiovide...ugust2006.html

Hello,

LOL im sorry did u say 'challenging the current regime'??? :))) and how is he doing that may i ask?

Pouria jan, ye chizi beineh man va to !! .. Khodaeish fekr mikoni ''ishan'' cheghadar mituneh in ghodrat ro dashteh basheh keh bargardeh Iran va dorost va hesabi hokumat koneh zamanikeh hatta bozorgtarin saltanat talabha,ishan ro ghaboul nadaran beh khatereh osul va raveshi keh payband hast dar rabeteh ba din va syasat !!!

Beh khatereh ba'azi az masael,ertebateh ziadi ba saltanat talbha va ''....'' daram,hich kodumeshoun idea nadaran varayeh erae kardane yek rahi barayeh azadieh Iran ! (Hatta bahs va jadal daran barayeh etehhad shodan barayeh aziadieh iran !!!) .

Pourya jan, Shoma fekr mikoni Reza Pahlavi II mituneh mesleh King Simeone basheh? keh in agha umad va referendum ijad kard touyeh Bulgaria va gozasht mardom touyeh entekhabat behesh vote bedan va biad faghat mesleh yek president basheh va nah kaseh digeh .

E'etemad nadaram !

Interview with VOA TV

Mize Gerdy ba Shoma- August 23rd, 2006

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/audiovide...ugust2006.html

Reza Pahlavi be onvane yek siasatmadar nemitoone, amma roshd va roohiyeye siasi mamlekate ma neshoon dade ke harkas betoone dorost ba ehsasaste mardom bazi kone dar yek aan mitoone movaffagh beshe!

There is always a chance that he becomes the circumstantial king, if the timing is right and he rubs the right nerve of the nation! The fact is that we Iranians as a nation are yet to become politically mature and rational! Still there are signs of circus acts in politics and the mentality for creation of cult of personality!

Man hich moshkeli ba Shahzadeh nadaram ! etefaghan touyeh ba'azi az zamineh ha,ta andazei khodam ro ham fekr ba Ishan mibinam !!

Montahayeh marateb,moshkel jayeh digast va daghighan hamuni hast keh shoma farmoudin !

Vali agar gharareh dobareh Shah va Sha bazi basheh dar Iran, chera akharin Shahzadeh Qajar nayad ? Akharin Shahzadeh Qajar keh az saltanat ''kha'al'' nashodeh !! tanha beh vaseteyeh amouyeh ishan, Reza Shah majbur shod keh Isharn ro ham tab'aeid koneh ! pas ageh dastan ineh, chera Pahlavi ? Qajar chera nah ? mageh barayeh Mardom-e Iran fargh mikoneh ? Shah,Shah hast ! hala Pahlavi basheh keh un hameh zajr bad bakhti va adam koshi ro ijad kard dar Iran,ya Qajat¡r basheh keh bi farhangi va bi savadi va khod kamegi ro dar Iran ijad kard !!!

Moshkel ina nist ! moshkel ineh keh delemoun ro khosh kardim beh laghab va alghab ! fekr mikonim keh hamchin chizaei bayad hanuz dar Iran ijad besheh ! hamash darim az keshvarayeh digeh copy mikonim.ineh keh dard avareh va ineh keh Iran ro dar aghab oftadegieh syasy va farhangi negah dashteh .

From my persepective, a monarchist, I can say that I am extremely shameful of Reza Pahlavi. To be very frank, and I am very sad to say, he is a disgrace. I view his father and grandfather as true Iranians, patriots (esp. Reza Pahlavi I). When I see R. Pahlavi II not doing anything and just having a stupid office in D.C. and just giving out a few statements each year, I see him as a shame. Honestly, either stand up like your grandfather did or just get out of the spotlight. Stop putting stupid announcements that do nothing. You have so many supporters yet you do nothing. Honestly, he is a shame and a bigger shame when you know he is Reza Shah-e Bozorg's grandson. Shame on him. He is polluted with foreign influence. He is weak. He is a shame of a person who does nothing for his country -- and I truly mean nothing. If he does anything, it's negative b/c he plays with people's minds that he may do something yet he truly does nothing.

"Shah-Zaadeh" from me to you, you truly are a weak figure and I wish that you would do something to make everyone proud. Even with me who has such a negatively view of him at this point, I would support him if he changed his attitude and became more like his grandfather. Wake up out of your dream and do something for your country. You do afterall acknolwedge when people call you "shah-zadeh". Have some responsibilty with that word.

I think I said more than I wanted to say... But he is not "opposition" to anyone. I truely and sincerely hope that he changes his attitude. He is the most well known "opposition" figure or at least one of the best known and can do so much if he wants to. I truly hope that he does something positive for his country. Be Paa Kheez and make us proud.

True Iranian ?...

Aslan ki ejazeh dad keh reza pahlavi I , shah besheh ? ageh gharar boud system avaz sheh,pas republic mishod, shah keh boud va ghablan ham keh iran saltanat dasht !!!

Eshkal az saltanat-e moluk al-tavayefi-e nah chizeh digeh !

I agree that "Eshkal az saltanat-e moluk al-tavayefi-e nah chizeh digeh !"

But there is a big difference from my prespective of a system of "Paadeshaahi" and one of "Saltanat." Saltanat is means to rule by force and dictatorship. The ideal of padeshaahi that I adhere to is one in which the shah serves the people and not rule over them by force. Perhaps a bit too idealistic. Anyway, I'd ideally like to see a parliamentary monarchy, and not a pure monarchy.

But, hopefully if Iran is one day free, there can be a vote on what type of gov't the people want and that's what Iran should have.

beh har hal... hich omidi beh in agha nist ! harfash do pahlou hast,emshab az U.S.A ta'arif mikoneh,farda migeh U.S.A mikhad maharo mennat saremoun bezareh va jureh digeh azamoun sud bebareh.. har rouz yek chizi migeh...

beh gholeh ghadimiha :Delam khosh ast keh kaboutareh haram hastam... hamash del khosh hayeh sad man ye ghaz,....!

MeehanDoost -e aziz.. Thx for your replies . :)

beh har hal... hich omidi beh in agha nist ! harfash do pahlou hast,emshab az U.S.A ta'arif mikoneh,farda migeh U.S.A mikhad maharo mennat saremoun bezareh va jureh digeh azamoun sud bebareh.. har rouz yek chizi migeh...

beh gholeh ghadimiha :Delam khosh ast keh kaboutareh haram hastam... hamash del khosh hayeh sad man ye ghaz,....!

MeehanDoost -e aziz.. Thx for your replies . :)

Khaahesh meekonam geraami. Meedoonam chi meegee. Een mard faghat baraaye del khosh kardan be dard meekhoreh. Valy raastan heech kari nemeekone..

I personally regard monarchy, any form of it, as obsolete! A parliamentary monarchy is only a way to reform a totalitarian monarchy to a democratic one! However it’s a compromise made only with a sitting and reigning monarch, not to make someone a king decades after that monarchy has been abolished! In my personal opinion it would be madness to set up a system where some fellow is brought and paid generously to live financially superiorly as a ”symbolic king” or queen in castle just because of his pedigree as a merit! Why not making the office accessible for any eligible citizen to be elected on a four year mandate and allow him to play the fake king? Is it only pedigree monarchs who know how to enjoy the wealth of a nation? And if its about pedigree then Qajars princes too are eligible for a future throne!

I live in Sweden, a country with a parliamentary monarchy! However even here there is debate to convert the system to republic by the government and its allies!

If the people of Iran vote for a monarchy of any kind then it is to be respected, but as history has showed no country converts ”back” to a monarchy democratically!

I don't know the extent of Reza Pahlavis role with uniting the dissident groups and de-stabalising the regime from within. However, i can see Meehandoosts point that as the main figurehead of opposition his voice is not carried far enough and lacks the fearless "lionheart" patrionism of his ancestors. But i think Reza Pahlavi is perhaps the victim of his own self-proclaimed "dimplomacy" tactics.

I personally regard monarchy, any form of it, as obsolete! A parliamentary monarchy is only a way to reform a totalitarian monarchy to a democratic one! However it’s a compromise made only with a sitting and reigning monarch, not to make someone a king decades after that monarchy has been abolished! In my personal opinion it would be madness to set up a system where some fellow is brought and paid generously to live financially superiorly as a ”symbolic king” or queen in castle just because of his pedigree as a merit! Why not making the office accessible for any eligible citizen to be elected on a four year mandate and allow him to play the fake king? Is it only pedigree monarchs who know how to enjoy the wealth of a nation? And if its about pedigree then Qajars princes too are eligible for a future throne!

I live in Sweden, a country with a parliamentary monarchy! However even here there is debate to convert the system to republic by the government and its allies!

If the people of Iran vote for a monarchy of any kind then it is to be respected, but as history has showed no country converts ”back” to a monarchy democratically!

I agree with most everything that you say. However, I would add that one positive reason to have a monarchy (parliamentary) is to further our traditions, which have been such for nearly 7,000 years. We have had some of the greatest kings in history (and some of the worst). Yet, I believe in a system that the shah is forced by a constitution to serve the people can achieve the balance of preserving and respecting our history and have a democratic gov't. By no means do I support a monarchy where the king has the last say. I support a system where the constitution tells the shah his role and the shah is limited by the constitution and parliament.

But your points are very well taken.

I understand your sentiments my friend, many Swedes feel the same way about their monarch and tradition as you do! Its to be respected! I personally am a republican BUT I have nothing against a parliamentary monarchy (if it is functional!), wouldn’t mind a transition from totalitarian monarchy to a parliamentary! But not a return to it! To ME it’s a reactionary move that doesn’t sound logical! However with the current Iranian scenario and actors in hand I do not see a return to a monarchy as either realistic nor functional!

Hich vaght, Iran nakhahad tavanest model-e european democracy ro dar keshvaresh dashteh... is a big and nice dream for iranian ppl . !

Hich vaght, Iran nakhahad tavanest model-e european democracy ro dar keshvaresh dashteh... is a big and nice dream for iranian ppl . !

I dont think that's right. In the west, democracies have taken over 100 years to be where they are. I think that is sufficient time for the same to happen in Iran. I think a more accurate satement is that it is very unlikely that western style democracy will exist in Iran in our lifetime. But that does not mean we should not try and start a democracy and leave a better Iran for future generations.

it CAN happen but not as a result of a direct import and instant application of the phenomenon but rather as the result of enlightenment: education, fostering and natural process of socio-political maturity that it "requires" in order to be realised! A long-term process!

it CAN happen but not as a result of a direct import and instant application of the phenomenon but rather as the result of enlightenment: education, fostering and natural process of socio-political maturity that it "requires" in order to be realised! A long-term process!

Sir..Then can you imagin an Iran with European Democracy ?

Sir..Then can you imagin an Iran with European Democracy ?

The European democracy was not an overnight invention or achievement! It was the result of a process of trial-and-errors that led to it! Through centuries there was also a parallel process of enlightenment that eventually prepared the favourable ground for its fostering! The mentality of Europe 500 years ago wasn’t the perfect gound for democracy either! It took time and toll!

The way I see it there are two main pillars that hold democracy up, one is an enlightened and mature ”mentality” and the other a fully developed and functional political system that is generated and maintained solely through democratic measures!

In my opinion there should not be a compromise in the choice and application of the political system! It is a huge mistake to import a functioning democratic system from west and then try to alter and reform it to native needs and features! The history has proved that such hybridisations are doomed to fail, just like the paradoxical concept of an ”Islamic republic”! By trying to change the formula of the fifth French republic’s system pragmatically they created cracks and gridlocks in the system which led to malfunction! So the system MUST be imported in all its details to the Iranian context! No experimentations in other words! Why not creating an own native democratic system you might ask, well if you are willing to re-invent the wheel instead of buying a perfected vehicle go ahead, be my guest! But that would mean centuries of trial and error that would postpone everything!

But IF we import a system with ALL ITS DETAILS it will secure the mechanism of a democracy even in Iran, with minimum margin for abuse and error! Since its going to be needed until the second conditions are realised! Because this one CANT be imported! And that is an Iranian "renaissance" that takes time! A systematic enlightenment of future generations to come! To educate and foster an attitude, a mentality that ”understands” and ”fosters” democracy from its grassroot level!

Now both are fully possible IF carried out correctly!

Ba in hal agar irani ha bekhan keh nezam-e mazhabi ro hefz konan,hich vaght democracy ro nakhahand did dar iran !

Magar inkeh syasate ma,secularism parliamentary representative republic basheh . Ba mazhab va in chiza keh nemisheh keshvar ro edareh kard keh .