Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Michellica

A. Mohammadi has died at Evin Prison

A prominent student activist Akbar Mohammadi died in the notorious Evin Prison Sunday night July 31st, 2006. Mr. Mohammadi had been on a hunger strike for more then a week, protesting the refusal by the Islamic Regime to allow him to seek proper medical treatment for life threatening injuries suffered as a result of torture.

Mr. Mohammadi was threatened and beaten by prison officials in order to stop him from continuing with his hunger strike, but he would not falter. He had chosen his path and would continue to the end... There are reports of him being beaten severely by prison guards the night of his death. Mr. Mohammadi did not die, he was MURDERED at the hands of the Islamic Regime.

Akbar Mohammadi was arrested during the July 1999 student uprising. His death sentence was commuted to 15 years imprisonment, and he had been serving his sentence for the past seven years. During his incarceration in the Evin Prison he was subjected to brutal torture which resulted in many permanent health problems including loss of hearing and severe back problems. Even during such trying times Mr. Mohammadi never backed down and at all times maintained his innocence. His love for Iran, freedom and democracy was greater then anything else, and he endured seven years of brutal torture and imprisonment at the hands of the barbaric Islamic Regime for his beliefs.

Unfortunately the news of Mr. Mohammadi's hunger strike was not widespread. Most major media outlets took upon themselves to ignore this important news. It is ironic that most of those same media outlets had no difficulty reporting the death of Mr. Mohammadi. The silence of the Media may very well have been one of the factors that lead to the death of Mr. Mohammadi. Unfortunately the Western Media refuse to report the truth until it is too late. How many more innocent people need to die, before media outlets such as AP, AFP and Reuters start reporting on what is really going on in Iran? How long and how many innocent lives later until they start reporting on the brutality of the Islamic Regime?

Unfortunately it was not only the Western news sources but also Iranian ones who neglected to report on Mr. Mohammadi's hunger strike. Most Iranian people abroad were silent while Mr. Mohammadi was going through unthinkable torture. How many more years and how many more murdered students until we decide to take the faith of our country into our own hands? How much longer until we stop our passivity and start to care about what is happening to our students? On this very sad day I cannot help but to think, shame on us, SHAME ON US ALL.

Mr. Mohammadi will live in my heart and the hearts of all freedom loving Iranians. He will never be forgotten and his death will not be in vein. As long as our country has brave and courageous people like him the Islamic Regime will never win.

When this horrible facts will stop?! when our country will be finally freed from the oppression?! WHEN?!

Chera khoda javabe in bi pedar madarara nemide ke be name oon daran ye alameh kesafat kari mikonan?!

SADNESS!!!

Damn to islamic republic ! damn all of the akhounds !!!!!!!

May our thoughts be with his family. But the great people of Iran need to take the courage and dignity of this man to their hearts and finally get to the streets of Tehran and overthrow this tyrinical, oppressive regime..

Only through mass protest will the regime weaken....

... Tthe great people of Iran need to take the courage and dignity of this man to their hearts and finally get to the streets of Tehran and overthrow this tyrinical, oppressive regime..

Yes lets overthrow the regime and then cross our fingers and hope with all are heart that the new regime just terns out to be a good one this time round.

Peru is an example of a free secular democratic state. So how do you explain the tyrany, corruption and opperesion (murdering and torturing of opposition activists) that came about in President Fujimoris government? Demonizing Fujimori as a bloodthirsty villain provides an explanation. But an intellectual would look deeper.

Fujimori was confronted with terrorist groups that were tearing his country apart. He either had to sit back and watch the terrorists devastate his country or effectively confront them. But “effective” confrontation could not be achieved without certain “amenities”. These amenities unfortunately required the law to be flouted (just as president Bush has been forced to do so in this country to a lesser extent) and got out of control.

The source of corruption in Fujimori’s government was due to the amenities he had brought about for effectively confronting the terrorists. Period.

Say the government in Iran is overthrown tomorrow, and a new constitution is formed that is based on “freedom”, “democracy” and all those beautiful words. At the end of the day, the effectiveness of the new governing body will all come down to its ability in effectively confronting violent enemies, and doing so without letting corruption spread within itself.

Shah couldn’t do it, the Mullah’s couldn’t do it. And considering the circumstances in Iran, I doubt if anyone else can.

So lets pray a fateheh for Mr Mohammadi, and cross our fingers and hope with all our heart that what happened to him happens to no one else (or at least fewer people), for this wish has more of a chance of coming true than the former.

so incredibely sad, may he rest in peace.... :(

May our thoughts be with his family. But the great people of Iran need to take the courage and dignity of this man to their hearts and finally get to the streets of Tehran and overthrow this tyrinical, oppressive regime..

and omega, i agree with your last statement 110% :th

Yeah, thats the spirit. Weaken the regime.

We gained alot from that in 1357 didn't we.

Hashemi, just a question, why arent you living in iran?

Hey, Hashemi, somehow i think we live in a different world than 1357!!! Some Things do change!!! :clap2:

The booz, hookers and pot wont let me go back.

Hey, Hashemi, somehow i think we live in a different world than 1357!!! Some Things do change!!! :clap2:

Yeah, and I think the world has changed a bit since 2000 years ago when monarchies used to work.

Actuall, this is a picture of me:

post-1737-1154649557_thumb.jpg

i see.

i see.

Ok, so much for sarcasm :brows: .

But really, when i finish my phd i wont be going back to Iran due to cultural issues.

It disgusts me how Iranian men take pleasure in harassing women on the streets, how the majority of Iranians take pride in swindling and cheating each other, how no one has any respect for the law (even simple driving regulations), and how the Iranian people always have something to whine about.

We have a whining problem.

Shah's regime had big corruption problems, but they were solvable. By pin-pointing the real problems we could have overcome them. But instead of building the infrastructure of the economy and improving our schools so we can have a future generation that is more educated and more tolerant, we chose to take the easy way out. We whined and said "Shah is stealing the oil money" and came up with stupid slogans about how "Islam" is the solution, and made a martyr out of every person who dropped dead. We "weakened the regime" and brought the country to devastation.

And now we're doing it all over again. This time we're whining about the mullahs and coming up with stupid slogans about "freedom of speech" (as if a great percentage of Iranians even read the papers) and "women’s rights" (as if it has to do with regulations, anyway). And we are making martyrs out of people like Mr Mohammadi.

The current regime has corruption problems too, but instead of pin-pointing the real sources of corruption (the structure of the economy and cultural issues) that can be corrected through persistence, we prefer to exaggerate the extent of the corruption and whine, whine, whine, and call for the regime to be overthrown while turning a blind eye on the devastation that will definitely follow a collapse of power.

Why don't you go back to Iran?

Let me guess; because a "tyrannical" regime is ruling the country, a regime that "oppresses human rights", and is "stealing" the Iranians oil money to fund Hezbollah.

I say that’s a load of BS. Its just more whining of the same nature as the whining back in 1357.

A regime, no matter how great and excellent the foundation of its constitution, can become "tyrannical and oppressive" if the nation is confronted by enemies that are so violent that they can only be effectively defeated through flouting the constitution.

Therefore, I see nothing but WHINERS, when I see people just calling for a regime to be overthrown due to its exaggerated "oppression", without looking into how the regime became oppressive and asking themselves "will a different regime not fall into the same cycle of events that lead to oppression in the current and previous regimes?".

I see nothing but WHINERS, when I see people talking about a negligible portion of the annual budget being spent on some foreign policy while a huge portion is being squandered on subsidizing petroleum importations (while the regime is forced to do so because people start WHINING if they cant go on a daily joy ride in their cars).

Last of all, I’m half Iranian. Which is another reason why I’m not going back.

i see.

Ok, so much for sarcasm :brows: .

But really, when i finish my phd i wont be going back to Iran due to cultural issues.

It disgusts me how Iranian men take pleasure in harassing women on the streets, how the majority of Iranians take pride in swindling and cheating each other, how no one has any respect for the law (even simple driving regulations), and how the Iranian people always have something to whine about.

We have a whining problem.

Shah's regime had big corruption problems, but they were solvable. By pin-pointing the real problems we could have overcome them. But instead of building the infrastructure of the economy and improving our schools so we can have a future generation that is more educated and more tolerant, we chose to take the easy way out. We whined and said "Shah is stealing the oil money" and came up with stupid slogans about how "Islam" is the solution, and made a martyr out of every person who dropped dead. We "weakened the regime" and brought the country to devastation.

And now we're doing it all over again. This time we're whining about the mullahs and coming up with stupid slogans about "freedom of speech" (as if a great percentage of Iranians even read the papers) and "women’s rights" (as if it has to do with regulations, anyway). And we are making martyrs out of people like Mr Mohammadi.

The current regime has corruption problems too, but instead of pin-pointing the real sources of corruption (the structure of the economy and cultural issues) that can be corrected through persistence, we prefer to exaggerate the extent of the corruption and whine, whine, whine, and call for the regime to be overthrown while turning a blind eye on the devastation that will definitely follow a collapse of power.

Why don't you go back to Iran?

Let me guess; because a "tyrannical" regime is ruling the country, a regime that "oppresses human rights", and is "stealing" the Iranians oil money to fund Hezbollah.

I say that’s a load of BS. Its just more whining of the same nature as the whining back in 1357.

A regime, no matter how great and excellent the foundation of its constitution, can become "tyrannical and oppressive" if the nation is confronted by enemies that are so violent that they can only be effectively defeated through flouting the constitution.

Therefore, I see nothing but WHINERS, when I see people just calling for a regime to be overthrown due to its exaggerated "oppression", without looking into how the regime became oppressive and asking themselves "will a different regime not fall into the same cycle of events that lead to oppression in the current and previous regimes?".

I see nothing but WHINERS, when I see people talking about a negligible portion of the annual budget being spent on some foreign policy while a huge portion is being squandered on subsidizing petroleum importations (while the regime is forced to do so because people start WHINING if they cant go on a daily joy ride in their cars).

Last of all, I’m half Iranian. Which is another reason why I’m not going back.

Whiners you say? I think the people of iran have e v e r y right to as you put it "whine" about their situation and government, theyve been putting up with this crap for a loooong time, some of them their entire lives. I think theyre ENTITLED to be whining, i will encourage their whining if i see it, because whining shows you care.. Id rather see them whine than see them hang their heads down in silence!!!

Do you honestly think that the people are exaggerating about the "opression" in iran? How can you even think and type that?

"Why don't you go back to Iran?

I say that’s a load of BS. Its just more whining of the same nature as the whining back in 1357."

This makes me so incredibely sad... Listen, I dont know what to say to you, i mean, we're not gonna change each others opinions are we? All i can say is that, if someone is hurt or wounded, he will scream from pain, if someone is heartbroken, he will cry, if someone is happy, he'll laugh, if someone is unhappy, as are millions and millions of iranians in iran and outside of iran, they will whine. SO LET THEM.

I also thought i should let you know that the reason for my short answer does not come from a lack of sensing other people's sarcasm, it's just that if my memory doesnt fail me, you're hamoon "Khoob" who was banned some time ago, or am i mistaken?

I also thought i should let you know that the reason for my short answer does not come from a lack of sensing other people's sarcasm, it's just that if my memory doesnt fail me, you're hamoon "Khoob" who was banned some time ago, or am i mistaken?

Khoob tried using other User names and Poorya noticed and banned him every time. I was posting here at the same time Khoob was posting. Khoob was in CA. I'm on the east coast, and Poorya can tell from the IP.

And Khoob was a hard-core supporter of the IRI. But I'm not. All I'm saying is that changing the regime won't fix any domestic issues. And I prefer the IRI's forign policy over shah's kiss-azz policy.

Can I take a guess, aren't you Sara? Because once I made a comment about something you had posted and then Sara responded.

khandam migire az bazia ke neshastan oonvare donya tamame azadiara daran har ghalati mikhan mikonan va migan "doorood bar IRI" ..vakhti ham migi "chera inja moondi pas?" javabe dorost hessabi behet nemidan...

p.s. manzooram Hashemi nist... in general e....

Khoob tried using other User names and Poorya noticed and banned him every time. I was posting here at the same time Khoob was posting. Khoob was in CA. I'm on the east coast, and Poorya can tell from the IP.

And Khoob was a hard-core supporter of the IRI. But I'm not. All I'm saying is that changing the regime won't fix any domestic issues. And I prefer the IRI's forign policy over shah's kiss-azz policy.

Can I take a guess, aren't you Sara? Because once I made a comment about something you had posted and then Sara responded.

Okay, whatever you say :) .

and no, im not sara, my name is donya.

khandam migire az bazia ke neshastan oonvare donya tamame azadiara daran har ghalati mikhan mikonan va migan "doorood bar IRI" ..vakhti ham migi "chera inja moondi pas?" javabe dorost hessabi behet nemidan...

p.s. manzooram Hashemi nist... in general e....

i agree, those people make me so angry...

I do believe the gripe of Iranian people stems from more than just an "irrational" voice of protest. Nothing is the same and comparrisons between the Shahs regime and the Mullahs is political satyr at its best. I think we really have to look at the words oppression and tyranny, yes they are overused in the modern world of media frenzied controversy, but they are still with meaning and relevance in this current regime. It was apparent from day one, with the acid in womens faces should they dare enter public without the hejab. The scores of Shah supporters slaughtered through no other reason other than their political preference and alligience.....it can go on and on.....

Hashemi your right, there is no perfect regime, but there is such thing as proportional representation and seperation of church and state...the last thing Iran needs is a Western style democracy, i'm not a fan of it's social by-products, but at least lets have some sort of freedom of speech and a clearer representation of what the Iranian people strive for....