Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
sforouhi

Music about Darius the great the king of persia

Hi everybody,

I made a music with an orchestration software about Darius the great, but my problem is the following:

If i want to make a hollywood style music i have to put some arabic sound which doesn't work with the ancient persian time.So i did something beetween oriental and hollywood style and i wanted to know if you guys can imagine a documentary or a movie about Darius listening to that music?

All your advice are welcome.

The music is:

http://perso.orange.fr/soheil/Darius_legrand2.mp3

Thanks

Soheil

I like it! Its very EPIC/Cinematic! Though there is a distinct undertone of mournfulness to this piece, which makes it go better with scenes that portray the more dramatic events like the fall of the empire! But overall are the influences balanced and appropriate! It is hard to guess your way to ancient Persian musicality as the entire region has been influenced by the Arabesque musicality in what is today known as Mediterranean/middle eastern music!

Not bad, although depending on your budget, had you hired a live orchestration or just a Horn section, it would have been a lot more lively and spiritful!

The harmonies are well written and complimenting one another!

Sounds nice! as pourya said very cinematic... May I ask which software you have used to create this song?

The software i use is EastWest SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA , it is my first compostion with it so i know that i can have much better sound with it with some more practice.

Thanks for your reply

Soheil