Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

Can You Understand Persian?

Can You Understand Persian?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How Well Do You Master it?

• I dont understand Persian at all!
    • I can speak, read and write "perfectly"!
    • I can speak to some extent but not read or write!
    • I can only understand when being spoken to, but not answer!
    • I can speak, read and write to some extent!
    • I can speak and read to some extent but not write!

As we read in our forum and elsewhere there are many young expatriates who might consider a return to Iran some time in the future! My intention is to see how well prepared these generations are in terms of lingual skills in case of a return and activity in an every day life in "Persian"! Where transliteration or so called ”fingilisi” bilingualism will no longer do it!

Here is a poll only for those of an Iranian descent!

although i was born and bred in england my parents always spoke to me in farsi and made sure i was aware and proud of my culture (which i so am) then when i was nine they sent me to school in iran for a year and i learnt how to read and write...for which i am so blessed as its stayed with me for life and really put me at an advantage in so many situations...its so much fun :DD :clap2:

when i get bored in lectures i start writing my shopping list in farsi :))) although my 'dikte' is soooooo bad!!! :damn:

I can speak, read and write "perfectly"!

'I can speak to some extent but not read or write' is what I chose from the poll :bl

buuuuut, in my defence haha, i have to say, i can read a little, like maybe a simple text'll take me 50 times longer to read than 'the average iranian', but still, you give me a little (a lot) of time and i'll make something out of it :D as for writing, im on the 'baba naan daad' / 'maman aab daad' type of level :haha:

it's all my parent's fault :punishing_wft: :silly_wft:

yeh......im the same as 'freeiran' when it comes to writing:D

same as lolita37 i was born n bred in england n brought up spoken to in farsi by my parents....BUT i havnt had d chance to learn n write....tried to at one stage but ddnt work......im getting better at reading and writing i still got to master.

But im really glad i can speak it..... :clap2: :D

and as lolita joon knws it cum in handy sumtimes wen u knw a language sum1 else dsnt :p :;):

same as lolita37 i was born n bred in england n brought up spoken to in farsi by my parents....BUT i havnt had d chance to learn n write....tried to at one stage but ddnt work......im getting better at reading and writing i still got to master.

and as lolita joon knws it cum in handy sumtimes wen u knw a language sum1 else dsnt :p :;):

haha, yeeeah, finally, im not alone with my poor farsi writing skills :;): :clap2:

haha, yeeeah, finally, im not alone with my poor farsi writing skills :;): :clap2:

hey well done to guys who want to learn cuz thats a major step...good luck..im so proud of y'all :air_kiss_wft:

I am not entitled to vote as i am not Persian, but I can prpbably read and write far better than I can speak (which is not saying much - I've just reached the chapter about forming the present tense!!)

Like Lolita jan, it comes in handy. I have a note in one of my work books which transliterates as "***** ra kheyli dust daram" . I don't know how to put farsi font on to the computer, bebakhshid. I can take pleasure in the note safe in the knowledge that nobody, especially ******* can read it ( he's gorgeous. :wub: )

i can speak to some extent but not read and write

man hazeram fadakari konam,vaseh khanuma class bezaram keh farsi ham yad bigiran,ham harf bezanan va bekhunan. hala sareh gheimatesh ba ham kenar miaeim :D

i can speak perfectly... but when it comes to writing my spelling skills SUCK and that's only b/c i sucked at it since i was in like 2nd grade

but i can read perfectly too

i'm sure if i were to move back to iran and practice a little i'd get a lot better in spelling

oh and btw i accidently voted for the first one :damn:

I can speak farsi! not perfectly but I can! when I go to iran over the summer I learn a lot of new words but then I come back and forget some of it. sometimes I even make up my own words :damn: but over all I think I'm pretty good at it.

reading....easier books I can read. writting...I can write but I'm horrible with the spelling.

I'm perfect at speaking (with an exception of a few words). I can read and write to some exctent but i need more work on it. I'm teaching myself how to read and write, with the help of my parents and family. I was born and brought up in America, but i don't see myself as an american, i see myself as an Iranian living in america. I don't speak english in my house, i always speak farsi to my parents and iranian friends.

PERSIAN PRIDE

jalebeh, hameh baladan farsi harf bezanan vali avazesh english reply mikonan :D ! cheh bahalin shumaha :))) :DD

I can speak, read and write perfectly :DD :DD :DD :harhar_wft[1]:

nah ! vaghti perfet misheh keh ye mach beh man bedi :D .

I speak perfectly.. valli read or write.. I am veri veri sooorri begholie irania..

Chera midonam chelo kababo chetori minevisan.. haminam basse digge.. baghiash keh bedarde adam nemikhore... B)

Well I can understand conversation pretty well because I know a lot of words, but I don't know a lot of basic grammar, so I'm not very good at speaking...but I'm not that bad either..

I still can't read or write though... I started learning, broke my arm so I couldn't write, then forgot everything over time... That's one of my goals over summer break!!

I can speak farsi! not perfectly but I can! when I go to iran over the summer I learn a lot of new words but then I come back and forget some of it. sometimes I even make up my own words :damn: but over all I think I'm pretty good at it.

reading....easier books I can read. writting...I can write but I'm horrible with the spelling.

teehee i make up loads of my own words thats like a a mix of 2 words that describe what i want...some of it even turns out to be farsi e ghadim..im hardcore iranian me :)))

I can speak, read, and write perfectly!!! :DD

i can speak it almost perfectly

i can read if its writin by a third grader nice and big letters with the dots.. haha

i can NOT read cursive or whatever it is..

spelling ham ke nagoo

hamechi ke seda e se dare toosho man ye model minvisamm

toocholoamm dige :D

vali i think its so important to be able to read and write in farsi..

especially if ur persian :/