Forum | Bia2.com
MeehanDoost

Do You Support the Islamic Republic?

Do You Support the Islamic Republic?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. -_-

• Yes
    • No

Simple poll to get the feeling of this forum. Do you support the Islamic Republic?

I DO NOT.

very scary poll :D !

nope....

religion should always try to be separate from the state....no matter wot religion...wot country...wot government...

^^ agreed 100%

you can't FORCE an entire mamlikat to live their lives in a way in which you think is appropriate, or right. That is just plain WRONG and STUPID.

:punishing_wft:

^^ agreed 100%

you can't FORCE an entire mamlikat to live their lives in a way in which you think is appropriate, or right. That is just plain WRONG and STUPID.

:punishing_wft:

true! :yeah:

does anybody do?

Good question. I wounder who would be as stupid as to say "Yes, I support

the IRI"? Like the green-red voting Khomieni held in 1979. Who would have

been stupid enough to vote red, considering the circumstances then.

But isn't it intriguing that all we Iranians always agree on at least on

one thing; overthrowing the regime. But once achieved we pickup our guns

and fight each other to the death.

does anybody do?

Good question. I wounder who would be as stupid as to say "Yes, I support

the IRI"? Like the green-red voting Khomieni held in 1979. Who would have

been stupid enough to vote red, considering the circumstances then.

But isn't it intriguing that all we Iranians always agree on at least on

one thing; overthrowing the regime. But once achieved we pickup our guns

and fight each other to the death.

What an intriguing way to indirectly say YES I support the IRI, but make it appear that you are say no, I don't support it. The truth is, that by statements that you make, your deeper point is that you support the IRI b/c you are trying to scare people that if the IRI is overthrown Iran will fall apart.

Buddy, Iran has been occupied eight times in its history, and it is still existing. The fall of the IRI will save Iran, not make it fall into pieces.

And I have asked you in three different posts if you support the IRI, and you never asnwered that question in any of the posts. Will you answer is here??? I can't tell b/c I don't know who has voted what...

But anyway... I am glad to see about 95% percent of the people want to get rid of the IRI. Power to Iran and Iranians!

Good question Payam!

Been away for a while but have been reading comments on this forum.

Technically speaking no, I don't support this regime but when I look at this in the wider context of the Iran's nuclear issue I can not help but ask this question: What are the alternatives?

And only if you look at this in the light of constant rhetorics pointing towards Bush and his architect preparing for a showdown with Iran then you may wonder if the so called quasi democracy installed by US and allies in Iraq is the answer to our dilemma in Iran.

Frankly, I do not envisage the invasion will make us better off by replacing the current regime. I would rather see a change from within but think it's quite unlikely given the time constraints.

Surgical strike on Iran's nuclear facilities is an idea US has been toying with for some time now but whether that would get rid off IRI once all diplomatic options are exhausted would remain to be seen.

Sorry if I have gone a bit off the topic but I think these issues are quite related.

I just wanted to point out that I had only three user names "Hashemi", "hashemi" and "_Hashemi", which I created when my Iranian email account wouldn't open. If I wanted to cheat or anything I would have chosen totally different names. But I used the same thing to indicate that I'm the same guy.

well right after your post someone voted "yes" so dont worry!!!

look whose bk :D

Of course the Iranian government could be improved, but the current situation does not seem too bad. Look, I completely agree that religion should play no part in government, but we do not live in an ideal world.

Many of you are quick to critisize the Iranian government for being Islamic, but the United States government certainly has chritians influences as well.

Another reason why I don't bash the current regime is this: There are no MAJOR HORRIBLE HORRIFIC human rights issues. Of course I wish men and women were equal, but this usually comes down to personal beliefs. People of educated status disregard gender in Iran and everywhere in the world. Of course there will be morons who say women are inferior, but there are people like that in the United States as well.

There also is no genocide going on in Iran as many people like to indicate. Jews are not gathered up by the hundreds and thrown into ovens. Even the story saying that a new Iranian law will require Jews to where something indicating the religion was not true as the press later revealed.

Another thing.....We hear many horrible stories concerning Iran. WHat you people need to realize is that there will be propaganda. Many of these stories are streched or fabricated. Take anything you hear about Iran with a grain of salt.

And one last thing.......The current regime has increased Iran's power. It is now a rapidly growing nation which is being introuced into the world community. It would be ignorant to overlook the positive aspects of the Islamic Republic Of Iran and its government.

I dont not believe another revolution is the key. As we all can see, reform is slowing occuring in Iran. Soon, moderates shall control the nation and hopefully, we will talk of Iran rather than the Islamic Republic of Iran.

There also is no genocide going on in Iran as many people like to indicate. Jews are not gathered up by the hundreds and thrown into ovens.

Na torrokhoda bian inkaraam dige bekonan!

lol, chon adaam (hanooz) nandakhtaan to tanoor, bayaad tarafdare in regime bood. YAAY!

There also is no genocide going on in Iran as many people like to indicate. Jews are not gathered up by the hundreds and thrown into ovens.

Na torrokhoda bian inkaraam dige bekonan!

lol, chon adaam (hanooz) nandakhtaan to tanoor, bayaad tarafdare in regime bood. YAAY!

I understand why some people wish the revolution had never occured, but it has. And I have to say, the current regime ain't half bad. Some of you will scream "BUT THEY ARE TEH EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!" ........but again, I must say, compared to some other governments, Iran isn't doing too badly.

And can you provide some figures, facts, arguments of why Iran is not doing half bad?

Are you looking at the total lack of freedom? The waste of all economic resources? The lack of relationships with the outside world? The drug problem that exists in Iran? Lack of inequality for women? The spread of HIV/AIDS? The massive amout of prostitution?