Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

****ART PARADE****

Guest triple555

Parviz Kalantari

work name unknown

83016fe1d6.jpg

i just found out that he also is the one who illustrated those elementary Persian grammar books in Iran back in the day!!

i can totally tell by the style as well because i used to try to replicate the drawings all the time :haha: :wub:

WOW!!! I love his style! Do you know what medium he uses? looks like pastells on toned paper! beautiful!

edit: i just found out its acrylics on canvas!

Guest triple555

yess!

Pourya did you get to see his other works?? :wub:

like for the mural size paintings he uses kaah-Gel as well mixed with acrylic on the boom!

i love his style too!!

I did! lovely! He uses my fave colour combination of earth colours and blue! :wub: but i must also say that of all i saw from him this particualr painting is something else! the details and composition is amazing!

Guest triple555

yes that is why it deserved to be picked for the ****ART PARADE**** :happy_wft: :dance_baby_wft:

Guest triple555

its amazing! i remember looking him up and seeing that work!

I know, there are a few artists on CGSociety! I really hope to see more of them!

I intend to do some work with old Iranian folk stories once my tablet is under control! :dance_baby_wft:

Guest triple555

i can't wait pourya!! i can see you posting your work on there!! :clap: :buba:

I bought the limited edition of a book recently and this painting was on its cover! I have always loved the vision of giants/beasts and child/beauties! and I love how he has used the rough strokes of the brush to achive and impressionistic result! amazing!

Wei-Che - Journey Out West (Ox king)

OXK.jpg

Pourya jan, i know you're not a fan of the band, but have you seen or do you have this artbook?...

Riceboy Sleeps

Although they were released in very limited numbers i've managed to source one at a good price. I'm no expert on art, but i just love this style.

I'm not? I dont think I have ever heard of them even, or have I Pedram jan?lol My memory you know lol :D

But that looks very nice! Minimalistic artwork packaged like that in a vintage-like book, I like it!

Well it is a collaboration between Sigur Ros singer Jonsi and his partner pourya jan. Some of the art has been used for Sigur Ros coverart, the theme of "Takk" album was based around this "Riceboy Sleeps" works.

Aha! hehe, now it makes sense! :D I thought the art looked familiar! Well like I said about their album the artwork is impeccable! I just cant digest the music but this is top notch!

The design of the book kinda reminds me of the amazing "The Arrival"! Do check out this picture book Pedram jan, no words but drawings that tell a Kafka-esque story! Surrealism/fantasy/social-realism.

h4625.jpg

www.shauntan.net_images_books_the-arrival4.jpg

Wow, i just had a look on amazon for this. A very good price at the moment too, so i snapped it up :D The pictures are just the type of thing that i like. Some very good reviews too, it seems nobody has a bad word to say about it.

Well i should have it in my hands in the next few days, so i'll let you know what i think pourya jan. Thanks for the recommendation! :D

i love classy one ...

John Henry Fuseli, The Nightmare

sleep-paralysis.jpg