Forum | Bia2.com
MeehanDoost

Born Muslim -- Still a Muslim?

Born Muslim - Still Muslim?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Born Muslim - Still Muslim?

• Born Muslim - Still 100% Muslim
    • Born Muslim - Doubting Islam
    • Born Muslim - No longer Muslim (believe in God only)
    • Born Muslim - Believe in a different religion

Faravahar is the symbol of Zoroastrianism... the symbol that i have right now in my signature.

It's the equivilant to the crescent for muslims, the cross for christians, and the star of david for jews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faravahar

ahan so its not actually a religion its the symbol for zorostrianism! that clears a few things up cuz i read kevins comment and thoughy it was a religion on its own! :damn:

mer30 meehandooste aziz :gentleman_in_wft[1]:

Good poll!

Born a muslim. No longer consider myself a muslim or atleast the definition it holds.

Just believe in god, good health, my parents and friends.

I think the definition of islam has become more diluted since the revolution and many Iranians that I know of have turned their back on religion and what it stands for.

you sound like my baba! :haha:

Cheers! I take it as a complement. lol :)

Good poll!

Born a muslim. No longer consider myself a muslim or atleast the definition it holds.

Just believe in god, good health, my parents and friends.

I think the definition of islam has become more diluted since the revolution and many Iranians that I know of have turned their back on religion and what it stands for.

you sound like my baba! :haha:

Cheers! I take it as a complement. lol :)

:o :t :f :oo :nea:

LOL...it is a compliment...i respect my baba very much :)

ahan so its not actually a religion its the symbol for zorostrianism! that clears a few things up cuz i read kevins comment and thoughy it was a religion on its own! :damn:

mer30 meehandooste aziz :gentleman_in_wft[1]:

You are welcome geraami! :)

Actually Faravahar is the gaurdian angel, and also the symbol of Zorastorianism and is the equavolant (srry for bad spelling) of the Judaic, Christan, Muslim Gabrial. The 3 parts of the wing means Good Thoughts, Good Words, and Good Behavior. The 3 parts of the tail of Faravahar mean Bad thoughts, Bad words, and Bad behavior and is not to be followed, that is why they are at the bottom. The ring that Faravahar is holding is the symbol of Wisdom and something else, I forgot, srry.

Fravaharis a guardian soul. Literally translated it means "Forward pulling force". Each of its parts signifies an idea or a philosophy.

It is winged, signifying the ascent of the soul or upward progress. The wing is in three major segments, representing Good Thoughts, Good Words, and Good Deeds.

The ring in the center symbolizes the eternity of universe or the eternal nature of the soul. As a circle, it has no beginning and no end.

The figure inside is that of an old man, representing wisdom of age. One of the hands points upwards, telling us that there is only one direction we should choose. The other hand holds a smaller ring, the ring of promise. This means when a Zoroastrian gives a promise, it is like a ring. It cannot be broken.

The feathered tail below is also in three parts. It represents the opposite of the wings, namely, Bad Thoughts, Bad Words, and Bad Deeds. It is at the bottom, because such choices weigh us down and impede our ascent.

And finally the two curly threads from the waist signify the duality of our experiences. Through our Good Mind we can make the Good choices, and through its lack or opposite, we will make Bad choices.

I borned a sunni muslim, grandson of a mullah and son of a religion educated man.Every member of my family was %100 muslim.But i explored all religions after i reached 15 and wanted make my free choice.I choosed communism in a term.Although, i couldnt find any religion more logical than Islam so i turned to a %100 muslim.But i changed my section and became a Maliki from a Hanefi, my family too angry to me. :bandana:

I borned a sunni muslim, grandson of a mullah and son of a religion educated man.Every member of my family was %100 muslim.But i explored all religions after i reached 15 and wanted make my free choice.I choosed communism in a term.Although, i couldnt find any religion more logical than Islam so i turned to a %100 muslim.But i changed my section and became a Maliki from a Hanefi, my family too angry to me. :bandana:

u no they combine islam and communism :diablo:

Angela!

Here in Bia2 we try to be as courteous and considerate as we can, hence I suggest you not to resort to such harsh comments!

Appreciated,

Keano

keano what , i just wanted to let them know those kind pics not good.

sorry i am not going to say anything anymore .

why is not good ?! i don't undrestand it ! :D

Directing people to hell is not a valid communication tool!

Dear Princess of Persia!

Your preaching skills have been practiced by some Ex-members previously, we honestly don't force anybody to visit Bia2 forums!

They just happen to browse and post along!

As I mentioned earlier, just try to enjoy your stay!

Directing people to hell is not a valid communication tool!

i thought directing to hell was a valid communication than not cummunicating at all lol