Forum | Bia2.com
MeehanDoost

Born Muslim -- Still a Muslim?

Born Muslim - Still Muslim?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Born Muslim - Still Muslim?

• Born Muslim - Still 100% Muslim
    • Born Muslim - Doubting Islam
    • Born Muslim - No longer Muslim (believe in God only)
    • Born Muslim - Believe in a different religion

Lately, I have noticed that a lot of Iranians are turning away from Islam. More specifically, there are a lot of people who now wear the Faravahar.

So my question is (1) If you are Iranian and (2) were born in a Muslim family, which of the above choices best describes you? This question ONLY applies to Iranians.

I guess a final choice is (5) Born Muslim - Don't believe in Religion anymore.

For those that choose Born Muslim - Believe in a different religion, can you please say what the other religion is? Thanks! :)

Good poll!

no longer muslim...in fact...althought i was born into a muslim family my father never practiced or forced anything upon me, he let me decide...i think one of the main reasons behind this was bcoz he felt Islam had destroyed his family and torn apart Iran....

moteasefaneh are.. injuri shenidam -<<-<-<-<Born Muslim - Still 100% Muslim.

I am a born Iranian, my father was a born Iranian, neither of us had practised Islam by choice, only by what we had to do in School. I do not consider myself born muslim. Religion is a choice, and nobody is born anything in my eyes.

I believe in God only through 4 religions : Zoroastrianism, Christianty, Judaism amd Islam. I was born in a half muslim and half christian family, that made me to undrestand both. So now I am practicing on Zoroastrianism.

Thank you all for your responses :)

LOL

@ Meehan... what about iranians who werent born muslim? dont we count?

Guest Kevin

This is a pretty hard question for me. I'm holding a totaly different religion which is an essence of all God's religions. I absolutely do believe in Faravahar, Mohamad, Jesus and other holy prophets. In fact my own religion is an essence of all them; I truly believe in truthfulness, wellness, beuty, humanity and love. I strongly believe that if I do good things, the fabulous things happen to me. I try to love all people with all races and beliefs even those who don't like me; I believe in LOVE. In adition I believe all my God's beuties and it's individualities. There is NO fight, violence, war, racism, raping, impecuniousness and LIE. I don't have any heaven or hell in my religion. Everything is defined as an element of LOVE.

My friend MehanDoost, thank you for such a great post.

Dooste Too

Kalagh Siah (Abbas)

@Shugs

LOOOL

Good one!!

@ shugs: I'd love to know what you believe in. With regard to this poll, however, I am really interested in people who were born in a Muslim family. So please don't vote in the poll if you were not born in a Muslim family, but please feel free to make any comments that are appropriate with regard to your own experience.

@ Kevin: Thanks for your great response. I wish we could all have that religion, and follow that religion. I personally believe that Zoroastrianism includes most, if not all, of those ideals and that is why I love that religion so much. I am not in a position to make a statement about christianity with regard to these ideals because I do not know enough about it. However, I am well aware of the Quran and Islam, and can tell you without any hesitation or doubt that it does not contain these ideals. Anything that relates to these ideals, which are often contradicted time and time again, are only reserved for believers and never apply to those who are not Muslim. I hope that you study the Quran for yourself and figure out if you agree with me or not. Nonetheless, I admire your vision and your belief system, and wish that more people can share your vision. I personally certainly do.

lol its kool, i was just wondering... i didnt vote, no worries :;-):

I believe in God only through 4 religions : Zoroastrianism, Christianty, Judaism amd Islam. I was born in a half muslim and half christian family, that made me to undrestand both. So now I am practicing on Zoroastrianism.

hmm...sounds familiar...my mum is christened, (shes scottish) and my baba was brought up with islam...

but i dnt practice either, i went to a church of england school, but basically all my friends are muslim, i'd say by being like this and brought up in a way that encompasses more than one religion it makes u appreciate others and respect their beliefs.

my two cents... :harhar_wft[1]:

hmm...sounds familiar...my mum is christened, (shes scottish) and my baba was brought up with islam...

but i dnt practice either, i went to a church of england school, but basically all my friends are muslim, i'd say by being like this and brought up in a way that encompasses more than one religion it makes u appreciate others and respect their beliefs.

my two cents... :harhar_wft[1]:

True

Born Muslim - No longer Muslim (believe in God only) [ 5 ] <--- are jooneh ammeh hatoun.hehehehe j/k

Why is that so hard to believe? People are understanding HOW and WHY they became Muslim. I mean, Persians were NOT Mulsim originally and we had our own religion that believes in a unified God. Its just natural that when people learn about the history and find out why they became Muslim that many would reject it now.

From the poll, about 2/3 of the people have rejected it. If this poll is not representative, I am pretty confident that in Iran over 50% easily hold this view, and if they don't they will very soon. You have to remember that in Iran if someone speaks negatively of Islam or does not want to be Muslim anymore there can be very harsh consequences so people just shut up and don't say anything. But deep inside, rest assure, that many, and most pretty soon if not yet, will feel as this poll is reflecting.

To be very frank, I personally do not believe that you can read and understand Iranian history and remain Muslim. And today, many are understanding Iranian history, much better than they did before.

Why is that so hard to believe? People are understanding HOW and WHY they became Muslim. I mean, Persians were NOT Mulsim originally and we had our own religion that believes in a unified God. Its just natural that when people learn about the history and find out why they became Muslim that many would reject it now.

From the poll, about 2/3 of the people have rejected it. If this poll is not representative, I am pretty confident that in Iran over 50% easily hold this view, and if they don't they will very soon. You have to remember that in Iran if someone speaks negatively of Islam or does not want to be Muslim anymore there can be very harsh consequences so people just shut up and don't say anything. But deep inside, rest assure, that many, and most pretty soon if not yet, will feel as this poll is reflecting.

To be very frank, I personally do not believe that you can read and understand Iranian history and remain Muslim. And today, many are understanding Iranian history, much better than they did before.

douste azizeh man, uni keh madar pedaresh mosalmouneh,mosalmoun beh donya miad, ageh begeh nist, bayad biad shahed biareh,un ham 3 nafar, 2 nafareshoun mosalmoun va yek nafar az un mazhabi keh taraf entekhab kardeh va biad begeh keh man digeh mosalmoun nistam !

shoma chand nafar ro mishnasi keh hamchin kari ro kardan ? midouni chera kasi in kar ro nemikoneh ? chon mojazatesh dar Islam, marg hast ! midounam keh islam perfect nist,manam aslan practic nakardam va nemikonam dineh islam ro,vali hamash nemisheh beh harf,umad goft, ahay ,man mosalmoun nistam ! in chiza hesab ketab dareh, ghanoun va dastan va hekayat dareh ,beh in sadegi nist !

Born Muslim - No longer Muslim (believe in God only) [ 5 ] <--- are jooneh ammeh hatoun.hehehehe j/k

Siamak jaan, lotfan be eteghade digaran ehteram bezar!