Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
rojan

Shahyad's New Ablum " Sefareshi"

and I did approach Mansour's conduct in my review! However every person bases his judgment on a certain code of ethic and conduct! In my book and the legal definition of plagiarism, if you take and use more than 90% of a work and not only refraining from credits (that is a different chapter, like for instance some artists use Arabstar’s work and write; composition: Arabic) but writing music and arrangement by Shadmehr without any reference to Kingsley (which is just a click away in google) is plagiary by definition! You want to exclude Popcorn from this line of Shadmehr's works? Fine, how about him plagiarising Siavash Ghomayshi? Or Notis? All will be available in original versions by original artists in the POPCORN-review to be published any day now! Shadmehr does it again and again, in each album! So its more of tradition than slip of mind, and a benefit of a doubt cant be given! Now it doesn’t matter if the entire world knows who’s original that is! Credits are to be given to the one credits are due! that’s the code of ethic and conduct that I and the most courts base their evaluation and judgement on! I have nothing against Shadmehr or anyone else for that matter! If an artist does right I’ll give him credit for that, if an artist does wrong I’ll criticise him for precisely that! My reviews were previously plagiarised and published in another media under the name ”Ashkan”! Now let me tell you that was neither right nor funny, even though many know that those words are mine and only copy/pasted by this Ashkan! That case was taken care of and hopefully will all other plagiary cases in art and everything else!

and I did approach Mansour's conduct in my review! However every person bases his judgment on a certain code of ethic and conduct! In my book and the legal definition of plagiarism, if you take and use more than 90% of a work and not only refraining from credits (that is a different chapter, like for instance some artists use Arabstar’s work and write; composition: Arabic) but writing music and arrangement by Shadmehr without any reference to Kingsley (which is just a click away in google) is plagiary by definition! You want to exclude Popcorn from this line of Shadmehr's works? Fine, how about him plagiarising Siavash Ghomayshi? Or Notis? All will be available in original versions by original artists in the POPCORN-review to be published any day now! Shadmehr does it again and again, in each album! So its more of tradition than slip of mind, and a benefit of a doubt cant be given! Now it doesn’t matter if the entire world knows who’s original that is! Credits are to be given to the one credits are due! that’s the code of ethic and conduct that I and the most courts base their evaluation and judgement on! I have nothing against Shadmehr or anyone else for that matter! If an artist does right I’ll give him credit for that, if an artist does wrong I’ll criticise him for precisely that! My reviews were previously plagiarised and published in another media under the name ”Ashkan”! Now let me tell you that was neither right nor funny, even though many know that those words are mine and only copy/pasted by this Ashkan! That case was taken care of and hopefully will all other plagiary cases in art and everything else!

Well, as I mentioned in my previous post, I am not defending Shadmehr on that basis either, and I am certainly aware of his plagerisms and unethical acts. I was solely pointing out to Popcorn and mentioning that convicting him based on the melody that he has incorporated is rather overegging the pudding... btw, what an azz this lady's got! phew! I feel like :punishing_wft: :DD

Well I go by the book, if someone takes a song and don’t give credit its ”unethical” if he takes it and on top of that has enough ”veghaahat” to declare himself as the composer its illegal! I cut no one a slack unless she/he himself does and rights the wrong!

and she sure does have a healthy BOOTY!!! hehe!! :D

btw Farnaz, are you male or female IF you don’t mind me asking!

LOL, Shadmeher albums somehow have always being controvercial at Bia2 forums! :dance_baby_wft: :dance_baby_wft:

And bro, based on Farnaz' posts I can swear that it's a "He", but why going by a mama's name? :dance_baby_wft:

lol I too sense that its a he, but cause of the name wasnt sure!! :D

I think my name is creating more controversy than shadmehr's album which is remarkable! :dance_baby_wft: The reason I go by a mamma's name is that I tried several times to register by several free usernames, and for strange reasons I was not able to; more precisely, I never got the confirmation email from bia2, even though I tried several different unregistered IDs and several different emails. So I thought I register with a mamma's name, maybe things improve! :v

but it didn't :damn: , so I sent an email to soltan, informing him of the problem, and he said he has registered "farnaz" without the need for the confirmation email. He didn't reply to my subsequent emails to register another papa's name, and so here I am ! :yeah:

btw, u certainly can interpret/express ur ideas however u feel most suitable, but to me it is still an overkill for pocorn by the anology of shakespear as mentioned above.

And you are certainly entitled to your opinion my good friend!

Me however can never validate such analogy, use of a phrase is nothing like a next-to-complete rip off a a song's composition! Shadmehr’s Popcorn is not a sample of Kingsley’s! It IS Kingsley’s, rearranged! As far as I know Aligator didn’t copy the entire Shakespeare writing, but rather a quote! Though even that in my book is unethical, if not mentioned, even though of lower grade!

”To be or not to be” is a phrase part of the common knowledge, yes, and if used you are not obliged to give a reference! However if you use that or even longer quote from Hamlet and claim that it in fact is YOU who have formulated it, its no longer the same innocent and conventional usage!

an analogy:

Alien ant farm’s "Smooth criminal" is not their composition! They have given the creators the credit, even though the entire world knows its Michael Jackson’s song!

even the animated Crazy Frog who covered POPCORN last year and had a massive HIT had enough decency and sense to give credit to Kingsley! So is the cartoon more of a man and artist than Shadmehr?

38558.jpg

are we still talking about this?

This thread is about Shahyad's New Ablum

azize man, shoma ke ghayyem ya vakile modaafe Shadmehr nisti! tarafdareshi? aalie! Amma khodetono az bahs keshidin biroon! hala be har dalili we respect that! amma lotfan be baghie ke darand dar moredesh sohbat mikonand ehteram begozarid!

natarsid az sare Shadmehr khan taare mooyi niz kam nemishe!

I didnt tell you to stop....just said this is about Shahyad...hamin

bande ham khodam khoob midoonam chera ke ghader be khandan niz hastam! amma shoma dar morede exclusive boodane thread mibayest dar forum rules bekhooni!!! agar kasi dar avvale thread nage ke in exclusive be topic hast dige its called an "open thread"!

har kari mikonin bokonin dige :)

haha coooooool :D

*High Five* :k

WEll, Pourya jan, I think you and me are talking about different things. In regards to copying, I would give high probability that Shadmehr unethically *intended* to present himself as the original composer for the songs like Bavar, paeez, dele divoone, etc. from other artists like siavash, notis and I know that he has used the lyrics of khiali nist with no permission from its creator shahkar which has clouded the relationship of the two artists... In a legal environment, he would definitely be deemed guilty for plagerism of all of the above *along with* Popcorn, since he has not officially given any credit to the original creators.

However, the case of popcorn is different from all of the above in the regards that he certainly did not try to "secretedly" present himself to the public as the original composer of this song; this would simply not be possible...So, if I were to write a review, I would definitely avoid overpressing and exaggerating this case; I would write a similar review as you did for Mansour:

"All these borrowings without any credit to either the originators of (...) or (...)! An argument in defence of such action would be that most people already KNOW about this legendary song, but on the other hand its never wrong to inform the younger generations about the RIGHT identity of their artistic institutions and heritages!" [1]

I think u gave a ++ to Mansour Ethical Adherence, while you gave Shadmehr --- :yeah: I have to sue you in the court of law for being inconsistent in your reviews and hurting Shadmehr's feelings :silly_wft: :p jks :DD

References:

1. Pouryaii, Pourya, Mansour review, http://bia2.com/music-review/review.php?id=128. [Last updated, Apr 3, 2006].

Again, Mansour did an unethical act while ”sampling” Mustafa Sandal’s song and driving the idea of the ”Maraa Beboos” and not mentioning the original, just like Dj Aligator in you analogy! while Shadmehr has used the entire POPCORN ”ghelefti”! That is not sampling! And yes, in my eyes there is no exception and difference between copying more or less known songs and artists to constitute plagiarism! If you use something you are not an originator of in its entirety and not only declare but inflict yourself as its creator its ”plagiarism”! Whether it’s an unknown song or ÜBER-HIT!

Jamshid used Supertramp’s ”Logical song” and gave detailed credits! I saluted him for that! Afshin Teymouri took Tarkan’s ”Dudu” and plagiarised it, I gave him ”---”!

I put a difference between an unethical act and an illegal!

Mehrshad has Plagiarised ”Khali Band” while I wasnt aware of the fact when I wrote the review, however it will be mentioned in the next review on his album but wont effect the grading of that particular album UNLESS he does it again and I notice it when writing the review! And if …IF Shadmehr had not given himself the credit for the song, I would not have given it a rating worth a plagiary-holding album!

Anyhow my dear, judging by the debate so far it seems that our ways of understanding, reasoning and judging what’s unethical and what’s illegal are two parallel roads that never cross! we can go on and on, but never reach an agreement on this matter!

So let's agree to disagree shall we Farnaz khaan (you seem to love to go by that name, since you didn’t submit any other!lol) :D

yes pourya JAAN! I still disagree with you and I strongly believe that so would you! so I would think we should agree to disagree too ^_^ I just don't get how u get the time to reply to all these craps posted on this forume while doin the music reviews, while doing you daily chores, and while keeping all those AZZes satisfied so they may continue doin their service to thou! :punishing_wft: the latter on its own may be counted as one's only commitment in life! I just don't know how u manage dude! good for u! :clap:

yes pourya JAAN! I still disagree with you and I strongly believe that so would you! so I would think we should agree to disagree too ^_^ I just don't get how u get the time to reply to all these craps posted on this forume while doin the music reviews, while doing you daily chores, and while keeping all those AZZes satisfied so they may continue doin their service to thou! :punishing_wft: the latter on its own may be counted as one's only commitment in life! I just don't know how u manage dude! good for u! :clap2:

I dunno how the heck the above post has been come on twice?! anywho, I am not gonna be bothered to edit it ;) In regards to my nickname:) well I am finding it rather amusing, how I can draw attention with just a stupid name!! We (the male creatures) are so stupid in this single direction...bluntly helpless, hopeless and illogical when it comes to women.. ahh, that 40 grams of meat! :damn: :haha:

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I just want to know if you (pourya) are working on a review for this album, because I have yet to hear your oppinion about this :harhar_wft[1]: