Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mona

To Wear Or Not To Wear That Is The Question

I think some girls look prettier w/ roosari than w/o :blink:

but anyway....I went to iran this past summer after yrs. now it was too hot to be wearing them but they came in sooooooo many different colors and patterns that I just loved going shopping for them and I ended buying a whole bunch :) which was stupid b/c by the time I go again they'll be new ones out and I wont wear the old ones anymore! but I think I was the only person in iran who actually injoyed shopping for maanto roosari!! the weird part was, when I came back and I could feel the wind on my arms or legs I felt like I was missing something. :D

maybe it was b/c I only had to wear it for a month that I didnt mind it! but I honostly dont think they are that big of a deal, especially since now the maanto is so short and tight and the roosari hardly covers anything!

Hijab is also forces the men to look inside of the girl not outside of her. It also teaches the women to have respect in herself then to show her body to every male that walks by her.

I undertand the variety of roosaries in Iran and that hijab may "force a man to look inside of a woman" (which no one really knows to be true; and each man is different on his view of women). But let's leave that choice to the woman -- if she wants soemone to look inside, let her wear hijab; if she doesn't care, let her not wear hijab.

Anyone can dress however they want, but the issue is that in Iran people are FORCED to dress a certain way.

Agreed. It is the womans choice.

I heard most men...when they are looking for a potential spouse they want a hijabi girl.

True or myth?

I heard most men...when they are looking for a potential spouse they want a hijabi girl.

True or myth?

I certainly wouldn't.

You are welcome. You have to look to credible sources that translate it.

Oh, of course :). I can't read the Quran written in the language of the country where I live and have grown up 'cuz its' translation is not credible if you're a Sunni Muslim.

True or myth?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Where if I may ask would that be?

True or myth?

i guess it depends on whether they are muslim or not....

all iranians arent muslim.

this topic is something that my friends and i discuss at all times....

i personally wear hijab but purely cuz my mum did and then i did and noone really ever told me y, it just sorta happend!!

when i got to an age to research i did and saw there is nothing about it in the quran so i see these reasons as y MUSLIM women wear hijab...

1) as a cultural following from Hazrate Fatimeh (who wore the hijab) and anyhting she did must have been good with god!

2) if it is mentioned in the torat then it wouldnt necessarily have to be reiterated in the quran and would be a natural progression for those who converted to the latest religion

3) if you wear hijab it allows you more freedom...(i know sounds stoopid....let me expand) people accept you for who you are...it is a visual representation of who you are and people learn that very quickly, your personality shines through and people respect you...u dont have to explain every 6 seconds y u dont drink, y u dont do this that...people just know!

4) it helps ur moral standing and teaches u self respect...when u wear hijab you know it would just be silly to wear a low cut top or short skirt...but if you dont but u still belive in going with the quran and u want to cover urself then it is so much easier to slip from that if uv not got ur head coverd...social pressures (and just being human) really brings a new meaning to 'how low can u go'?

WOW iv accumulated quite a lot over the years :happy_wft:

on a personal note i love my hijab, i worlk it and it has made me a stronger person and it has never stopped me from getting far in life (i also act)...noone holds it against me and it makes for some interesting conversation :;):

I dont think women should be forced to wear hijab as they wont do it properly and make it look bad for the people who do!

i think the level of hijab in iran at the moment is disgusting, women have lost all self respect purely out of hatred for hijab, bcuz it was forced on them with no explanaintion to convince them! and we call ourselves ISLAMIC republic or iran, nothing bloody islamic about it! take the islamic off its shameful!

But in general as far as this topic goes i think if your an iranian muslim then you should wear hijab, for your own sake :p

sorry i got a bit long winded with this one! :bl

this topic is something that my friends and i discuss at all times....

i personally wear hijab but purely cuz my mum did and then i did and noone really ever told me y, it just sorta happend!!

when i got to an age to research i did and saw there is nothing about it in the quran so i see these reasons as y MUSLIM women wear hijab...

1) as a cultural following from Hazrate Fatimeh (who wore the hijab) and anyhting she did must have been good with god!

2) if it is mentioned in the torat then it wouldnt necessarily have to be reiterated in the quran and would be a natural progression for those who converted to the latest religion

3) if you wear hijab it allows you more freedom...(i know sounds stoopid....let me expand) people accept you for who you are...it is a visual representation of who you are and people learn that very quickly, your personality shines through and people respect you...u dont have to explain every 6 seconds y u dont drink, y u dont do this that...people just know!

4) it helps ur moral standing and teaches u self respect...when u wear hijab you know it would just be silly to wear a low cut top or short skirt...but if you dont but u still belive in going with the quran and u want to cover urself then it is so much easier to slip from that if uv not got ur head coverd...social pressures (and just being human) really brings a new meaning to 'how low can u go'?

WOW iv accumulated quite a lot over the years :happy_wft:

on a personal note i love my hijab, i worlk it and it has made me a stronger person and it has never stopped me from getting far in life (i also act)...noone holds it against me and it makes for some interesting conversation :;):

I dont think women should be forced to wear hijab as they wont do it properly and make it look bad for the people who do!

i think the level of hijab in iran at the moment is disgusting, women have lost all self respect purely out of hatred for hijab, bcuz it was forced on them with no explanaintion to convince them! and we call ourselves ISLAMIC republic or iran, nothing bloody islamic about it! take the islamic off its shameful!

But in general as far as this topic goes i think if your an iranian muslim then you should wear hijab, for your own sake :p

sorry i got a bit long winded with this one! :bl

Two points:

The Quran actually does require the Hijab. Please see the above posts.

No one is disputing the fact that anyone has a right to wear as they wish. You are free to do as you like. The deeper point is, a person who does not like hijab, should be just as free to not wear it. It should be a choice not a requirement, with a punishment of being beaten or killed if you don't follow.

Two points:

The Quran actually does require the Hijab. Please see the above posts.

No one is disputing the fact that anyone has a right to wear as they wish. You are free to do as you like. The deeper point is, a person who does not like hijab, should be just as free to not wear it. It should be a choice not a requirement, with a punishment of being beaten or killed if you don't follow.

women dont get killed/punished if they dont wear hijab or even wear it properly (ur talking about 20 years ago, things have moved on)...i mean look at the women/girls in iran at the moment?

women dont get killed/punished if they dont wear hijab or even wear it properly (ur talking about 20 years ago, things have moved on)...i mean look at the women/girls in iran at the moment?

Well, I agree that people may not get killed if they do not wear Hijab, but certainly they can get beat up for it. But the real issue is what is required under Islamic law, and under the Quran Hijab is clearly required. I'd have to do more research to find out what the punishment for not wearing it is under teh Quran. Frankly, I am not sure about that.

It is very important to look at the Quran because the IRI is following "Islamic law." I certainly do not agree with many of the laws, and don't many others, but the issue of to wear or not to wear originates under the Quran, and therefore, it is very important to see what that says on the subject. If you don't agree with it, then fine... You shouldn't be killed or beaten. But the Quran may say otherwise. Then the issue becomes, do you agree with the Quran. If you don't, the question becomes, are you really Muslim. That's the point I was trying to make :)

If men aren't tempted by looking at pretty women all day long, supposedly they'll find it easier to stay faithful. This way a family unit will stay in tact.

The thing is, I feel I'm attracted more to a woman who wears a roosari than one who doesn't. There's a big sex appeal in it for me...especially how some girls in Iran wear it! So trust me girls, the roosari isnt a bad thing at all! :DD

hmmm so u just killed the whole objective of hijab!

your not the only person tho....i had this english guy at work come up to me and tell me he finds it really mysterious and sexy that i cover up! i ignored him for the rest of my time there! :punishing_wft:

Guest ardalan

If men aren't tempted by looking at pretty women all day long, supposedly they'll find it easier to stay faithful. This way a family unit will stay in tact.

The thing is, I feel I'm attracted more to a woman who wears a roosari than one who doesn't. There's a big sex appeal in it for me...especially how some girls in Iran wear it! So trust me girls, the roosari isnt a bad thing at all! :DD

hmmm so u just killed the whole objective of hijab!

your not the only person tho....i had this english guy at work come up to me and tell me he finds it really mysterious and sexy that i cover up! i ignored him for the rest of my time there! :punishing_wft:

WOMEN SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO WEAR THE ROOSARI BECAUSE IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF CIVIL LIBERTIES

WOMEN SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO WEAR THE ROOSARI BECAUSE IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF CIVIL LIBERTIES

This is 100% true, my friend. But the text of the Quran leaves no choice, in any aspect of life. Everything is forced, and the punishment for violation is extremely severe. You can check out the thread on the religious section of this forum on "Quranic Laws". In the upcoming weeks, I will post Qurnic laws, and cite to the verse of the Quran that puts forth that law. Nothing is a choice in the Quran. Everything is mandatory -- and if you don't want to follow, then be ready for severe punishment. Yet, some poeple even in the west as seen in this forum support the IRI which their Quranic laws.

in my opinion no one should ever follow a religion without questioning it....and doing wot THEY believe is true to THEMSELVES....

if u are muslim, have muslim values but do not cover ur hair then so be it.

Khob 90% toon mano mishnasim midoonin ke ziad too dino min nistam ama khob kheyli lajam migire kheyli ya bedoone tahghigh harf mizanan

Aye ee ke shoma donbaleshin sooreye noor ayeye 31 hast toro khoda nashin in ayaro vase man tafsir konin man in ayaro khoondam didam kamelan be Cover kardan sar eshare shode. lotfan rabtesham be siasat nadin chon manam kamelan mokhalefam ke hejab zoori bashe.

Too in aye gofte ke hata roosarihatoon gardano sinatoono be pooshoone