wow The Windy City??

Welcome to Bia2.com, home of the Proud Persians :D

...and 4 non persians <_<

I'm from . . .. .. :unsure: :angry: Virginia

Is that your picture in the avatar?

yeah. it's kind of small tho. i have a shitty computer cam :D

:lol:

WELCOME to our great and wonderful forum! :p

It's great to have some fresh blood on the market.

I'm kinda new too so I suppose me sounding like an old member is a bit dumb.

Anyway, have fun and don't let anyone push you around. (Not that they would ofcourse) :rolleyes:

Oh BTW its really cool that your from America. I'm from Australia and its really, really boring.

Misty Jan: omg! :o You're Aussie too?!?!

BIA2.COM, HOME OF THE PROUD AUSTRALIANS!!

:o :huh: :blink: :ph34r: :unsure: :huh:

I have some friends who are concerned about their Hair-loss, so I'll make sure to email them these tips:

5 Tips to Care for Thinning Hair

WebMD Medical Reference

People lose hair for various reasons. Illness and medication (like chemotherapy to treat cancer) can cause hair loss. Hair loss can also be inherited from a parent. Often, hair thins because it is fine-textured -- or because too many harsh chemicals have been used on it -- so it breaks easily.

These are hair-care tips to help protect hair, prevent further hair loss, and add volume to your existing hair.

1. Try Coloring

If you inherited a tendency for hair loss, you likely have very healthy hair overall. Therefore, your hair can benefit from permanent or semi-permanent color to give body and volume to hair.

Medications can weaken hair, causing it to break or fall out. Semi-permanent color is good in this case, too, because it does not contain ammonia or peroxide. It will not damage hair, but will give it body and volume.

If your hair is fine-textured, semi-permanent or permanent color is fine, as long as it is professionally applied. Colored hair can easily get over-processed, which damages it, causing further hair loss.

2. Use Volumizing Products

Many volume-building hair products contain paraffin, which is beeswax. That's not good for hair, because it builds up and can make hair break.

However, volumizing products sold in salons do help. They won't weigh hair down, and they won't damage it. Mousse, for example, can be applied at the root area for support. Then, begin blow-drying the root area, applying tension with a brush to build volume. Use a light finishing spray to hold it.

3. Shampoo and Condition Your Hair When Dirty

To protect hair, the best practice is to shampoo only when hair is dirty. Because fine hair gets dirty faster, people with fine-textured hair need to shampoo more frequently -- even though fine hair breaks more easily.

For that reason, fine-textured hair benefits from a good shampoo and volume-building conditioner.

4. Find a Style That Suits Fine Hair

Blow dryers should not be a problem, even if you have fine hair. However, be very careful about putting high heat directly onto hair. Flat irons and curling irons can cause damage and breakage.

Because they contain very strong chemicals, curl-relaxing products are a no-no for fine hair.

5. Get a Permanent Wave

Permanents can help give volume to fine-textured hair -- but hair must be healthy, not dry or brittle. Only a gentle body wave is advised, because tighter waves can damage the hair. Because chemicals in permanents are harsh, a permanent should be only a last resort for fine-haired people.

Again, make sure a professional stylist gives you your permanent, so that hair is not damaged.

nice topic to brush about keano.

well im facing a bit of hair loss. its a genitic thing in my family. What really helps me is that i use Coconut oil. but 100% Coconut oil. You Put it in your hair after washing it. And you leave it for As long as you can. Usaully over night. or if you are not planning to go any where for 2 days. Just leave it in and brush it with A wooden Comb.

Other factors that help hair loss, from my research is.

Hair conditioners. (if using it. never put in on your scalp or roots.)

Brushing your hair too many times. Brush it when its necessary

Washing your hair too many times. 3 times is the maximam of washing your hair in a week.

Hot water or in that fact, heat is very bad for your hair.

Try not to put too much chemicals (products) on your scalp. If using products try to use natural ones. In australia Aveda is a really good product to use.

Now to give the illusion of having tremondus mount of hair is. Use the tips that keano give.

Personally, i only products in my hair when im going some where. and i have to glam up. so what i do is. i start by washing my hair. And putting in hair conditioner. The i use AC, Thinckining lotion. wich boosts up the volume of my hair by at least 70%. Then i put a spray that protects the hair from heat. And then i put in a formula that suits to what i will want my hair to come out. straight, waves, curles etc.

And i usally wash it out the next day. with shampoo and i put a bit of a treatment in it.

And On other days. i just leave in a Big rollers in my hair for a couple of hours. and it gives my hair a lift without using products.

And also Hair to hair is different. what suits my hair may not suit yours.

Guest maheshabe14

cool topic..

well i have long blackesh brown hair..(khormayi in persian..what they call it in english?)..its actually a little highlighted now because of the sun....ohh and its wavy on the bottom..all natural..

what i prefer in teh opposite sex:

kind heart and BRAINSSSSSSS..i think all that gel and hairspray people use these days has gotten in to their head!

Guest King
(khormayi in persian..what they call it in english?)....ohh and its wavy on the bottom..all natural..

It's called Brunet! ;)

BTW, I love it when girls have long hair with a bit of Big curl (wave) in the bottom! B)

Guest maheshabe14
(khormayi in persian..what they call it in english?)....ohh and its wavy on the bottom..all natural..

It's called Brunet! ;)

BTW, I love it when girls have long hair with a bit of Big curl (wave) in the bottom! B)

lool..thnx king..well i dunno..my hairs kind of weird..i thought it would be called something else..it like orangesh.brownesh..blakish..high lighted..i dunno..ive never died it either..

thnxxxx for the help..appreciate it:)

Guest maheshabe14
kind heart and BRAINSSSSSSS..i think all that gel and hairspray people use these days has gotten in to their head!

:o What's that supposed to mean?

loool..well the question was what type of hair do u prefer in the opposite sex..what im saying is people spend too much time on tehir hair style..so if i want to prefer something in the opposite sex is those two characteristics..;) i dunno if u got what i mean honey????

trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

looool

Guest maheshabe14

loooool Dodo..so im not the only one whose noticed this syndrome:P

Guest maheshabe14

he he he he..goooddddd..than every body listen up...we gotta do something about this disease..what u think???