Forum | Bia2.com
MizZ_FuNkY

what are you listening to

41jhDREm5mL._SS500_.jpg

51HR2wz8P8L._SS400_.jpg

Been singing this song all day long in my head and in the office lol. Such great lyrics, such great songwriter Bruno Mars is, it's a shame that such great album with so many mega hit tracks lacks professional mixing, I mean the mixing of the entire album is horrendous, even I (Not a certified sound engineer) can do a better job in mixing a song than whoever did his entire album mixes. I hear from some musicians that he did his own mixing. In my next post I will post another artist's song, you be the judge and compare the mixing quality!

Nonetheless I love this song, and I believe every single girl on this planet who likes music admires this tune as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk&ob=av3e

As I mentioned in my previous post, mixing quality makes an enormous difference in presenting and effectiveness of a song, had Bruno's album recived such tremendous and state-of-the-art mixing attention and services of Rihanna's entire production, his album would have been twice as popular. I know many ordinary people won't even realize what's exactly going on, and why some songs sound spectacular while others don't, mixing, mixing, mixing... All I can say that in the process of producing an album, one of the most crucial parts of production is mixing, unfortunately many artists take it for granted.

Below is one of many songs of Rihanna which is perfectly and super professionally mixed and mastered at great studios which charge tens of thousands of dollars for mixing each track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa14VNsdSYM

I agree bro, he also had many demo tracks that were better but not included on the album.

Precisely bro, He is a talented young dude, he's got a bright future ahead of him. He has even written songs for other singer before he started his own singing career, he wrote for: Cee lo Green, Flo Rida, etc. Hopefully his next album won't be of disappointment, which I am sure it won't!

Overall you made a very good point, many do not understand that the packaging and presentation of a product is just as important as the material and the voice! Its like going to a restaurant where you know groceries that are used are fresh and premium but they get spoiled and the dish ruined when badly prepared and served!

Absolutely, well said bro!

Completely agree Keano. Not a fan of Mars myself, but he can pen a good song. I would argue that Mars' music is intended to be more "organic" than the tour de force of production that Rihanna's album represents, nonetheless the mixing/mastering is far inferior.

Did you know over 50 different personnel worked on different aspects of production on "Loud"? It is truly astonishing. The result is a flawless execution on a track by track basis, but as an album in it's entirety it suffers from this lack of cohesion and acts as more of a collection of songs (albeit good ones) than an distinctive album.

If I'm not mistaken the main producers on Loud were Stargate, they've come a long way since writing songs for S Club 7 and Billie Piper hehe.

Wow, Pedram jaan, No I had no idea about how large of a crew the entire production bore, wow that is amazing, yet totally understandable. I am not the biggest fan of Rihanna, however the credit must be given, when it's due. The entire production is crazy and mind-boggling. Only a true music fan or a good musician can appreciate the quality of this project!

Absolutely keano jan, I too can appreciate music without being a fan of the artists. In fact I've now become more of a follower of producers than the artists themselves, at least in the pop genre. Britney Spears is a prime example, never been a fan of hers, I even find her voice irritating but her recent album was a masterpiece in production. Max Martin and Dr Luke, in my opinion, did an amazing job on the album.

47a1810ae7a0d637aa9c9110.L.jpg

nerdu2.jpg

You enjoyed it then pourya jan? Last time we spoke you seemed unimpressed with their latest single. I liked the album too, the production is immense!

There's only one album doing the rotation in my player for the foreseeable future. Released this week, seems like I've been waiting forever for it. Fortunately, it appears to be worth every second of the wait. He has ditched his past 2 albums for a more complete, polished, pure pop record. LOVE IT!!

darren_hayes_secret_codes_and_battleships-540x486.jpg

Yes I still find promises to be the worst song on the album (good thing its on the end) but the rest are great.