Forum | Bia2.com
MizZ_FuNkY

what are you listening to

i'm listening to my baby's heartbeat now ^_^...teehee.. So loud, I can hear it from my tummy. It's like music to my ears! I am so eager to see our baby in december! Our first baby! :DD

The LP album is released in UK already pourya jan, i picked it up earlier in the week but haven't had chance to listen to it. Nothing has been playing on my pod but "Hurts" lol, i'll give it a listen tonight though. Heard that it is quite experimental, though everything from Shinoda recently has been a political statement first and music an after thought, so i'm skeptical to say the least. have you heard it yet?

There will no doubt be a few gems, what i'm hoping for is consistency and for Shinoda to rap about something other than his political stance lol

lol, lucky you then, you can be saved of his repetitive agenda. The guy basically bangs on about the same themes constantly, can't fault his passion but he often negates the argument. i like my political rap to be a bit more analytical and less ideological hehe.

Funnily enough i often miss lyrics in singing, but am very attentive when rapped.

Ohhh, I might even be tone deaf but the tiniest error in lyrics is like nails scratching on blackboard to my ears lol to me rap in songs is like fries with burgers!lol just unhealthy fillers! :haha:

We all have our quirks and sensitivities :D

who do you consider to be skilled political rapper Pedram jan?

Hehe, well i don't particularly like rap that fixates on one particular subject. Rappers that have adressed politics articulately and even pragmatically are those that i have time for. 2pac for instance was able to break down political subjects intellectually and thought-provokingly, without ever sounding boring or repetitive. I don't want a rapper to force-feed me with their agenda, rather i want them to stimulate debate and consider the argument. Once rap becomes a platform to indoctrinate and recruit, then to me it loses it's appeal.

The return to form i'd been hoping for...

fan of him since many years . . .

I havent, but "Hope" to find a few gems in that track list!

heard it and what a disappointing album it is! The Catalyst is one of the best songs and that should say much! Too abstract and experimental, too much fillers make it sound like a soundtrack to some sci-fi flick. Man why do everyone write songs about robot boys?lol I only liked "Burning in the skies" which had a small trace of Linkin's trademark style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM58Ol46WZ4

lol that is the best song on the entire album pourya jan. The album is a complete mess. They've tried to be abstract and experimental, but it just doesn't work for them. They've attempted an art-rock album, but without the musicianship and versatilities of say Pink Floyd. An extremely weak album indeed, complete waste of money...

I like listening country music songs. I'm listening to several songs as following:

1. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry - Hank Williams

2. Crazy - Patsy Cline

3. I Will Always Love You - Dolly Parton

4. Stand By Your Man - Tammy Wynette

5. Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash

6. Forever & Ever Amen - Randy Travis

7. Always On My Mind - Willie Nelson

8. The Dance - Garth Brooks

9. Coal Miners Daughter - Loretta Lynn

10. Let Me Touch You For Awhile - Alison Krauss

they are very wonderful.