Forum | Bia2.com
MizZ_FuNkY

what are you listening to

lol, one of my good friends has had a prototype for some months, so i've had the pleasure of sampling it for some time. I have to say, i understand it's market and it works well, but it just doesn't offer anything new for me so i wont be purchasing one.

41J64NFSXYL._SL500_.jpg

41WJC19205L._SL500_.jpg

51cZ24R1suL._SL500_.jpg

A true return to form for Eminem! Lyrically honest, with strong songs and beats. My favourite album of the year so far!

RecoveryCoverOfficial.jpg

Unfortunately my UK edition is released with only 2 Spanish tracks!!! This was supposed to be an album split 50:50, as is the US edition. Pourya jan, can you confirm whether the Swedish edition is also 50:50?

Euphoria_Album_Cover.jpg

The Swedish edition is like yours for the non-Hispanic market! I have the US edition but haven't listened to it yet, dont like the single at all!

A couple of nice tracks, i wish usher stopped doing so many mushy ballads! more upbeat!

UsherRaymondVsRaymond-490x490.jpg

I think i'll pick up the US edition then too, I'm a fan of his latin based stuff. The single "I Like it" sucks doesn't it!!! The duet with Akon is equally disappointing! The "Dirty Dancer" track is of better quality.

as much as I love classic latin music I really cant handle latin POP and Rock! this edition has 14 tracks, 3 more than yours. just gave it a spin, the latin songs were all crappy and outdated as always lol but its an ok album. Dirty Dancer and Hearbreaker were the ones I liked most.

51w4OkJc9WL.jpg

as much as I love classic latin music I really cant handle latin POP and Rock! this edition has 14 tracks, 3 more than yours. just gave it a spin, the latin songs were all crappy and outdated as always lol but its an ok album. Dirty Dancer and Hearbreaker were the ones I liked most.

Hehe, well call me a romantic, but i love nothing more than a latin tinged pop song!! What i cannot stand is the "urbanisation" of this record. Usher, Pitbull, Akon.... these for me the epitome of what is wrong with contemporary chart music. I prefer to hear a more organic and sentimental Enrique that brings out his emotional vox and candid romanticism. I have nothing against him experimenting with themes and styles, but i think it's painfully obvious that this isn't his arena, it feels false and contrived.

Actually I dislike Latin pop and rock because they are as far as one can get from the "Romantic" notion of latin music! So I feel the opposite on every point, since I think Enrique's extremely limited talent works best in the urban setting! but hey, different strokes!

f21be4524845430cae9502888048f3a7.jpg

Hehe well my favourite album of his (and his most succesful) is "Enrique", which best embodies the Latin-Pop sound. I'm a sucker for latin/flamenco guitar incorporated in pop music. Mark Taylor and Barry did a fantastic job on that record, blending the genres perfectly and creating some absolutely timeless tracks in "Bailamos", "Be With You" and "Rythm Divine". As a fan of his from the beginning, it pains me to see the detour he has taken. You're right Enrique isn't the most talented of artists, it was his judgement in selecting the collaborators that forged his success(es), something that seems to have been suspect over the last few years. He clearly has a penchant and taste for R&B personally, but it just doesn't suit him artistically and i'd like to see him embrace his roots with a more organic and latin oriented sound once again.

Pedram jan, the songs you mentioned, "Bailamos", "Be With You" and "Rhythm Divine", are nowhere close to what is labelled Latin POP today! But rather a crossover style which incorporated cliche latin musicality into Western POP and DANCE for international charts! That music I do like! However what is called Latin Pop is what he delivered on his Hispanic albums prior to the crossover and kept doing so even after! something which is only done in latin language and has no real latin flavour! Ricky Martin, shakira, J-Lo and all other crossover artists, very few of their latin songs on their albums do actually sound like the Latin music! At least the latin music that to us sounds latin! Its when they crossover that the most known elements of classic latin music is used to make it latin flavoured! the same way you see eastern influences now being used to make the ETHNO POP songs of Europe! You cant really say where that sound is taken from, like Arash's productions! From Greece to middle east, its a common spice that has bee extracted!

this for instance is not called Latin POP, however to most of us its classic latin musicality arranged as RnB! few latin producers would make such songs, only western ones with their romantic longing for this sound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tr_F0MX6tk

Pourya jan, i beg to differ on this one. The songs i mentioned above clearly have signature flamenco guitar leads & latin percusion elements that provide the main melody and pallette. "Balaimos" for example originally appeared on his Hispanic album "Cosas Del Amor", it is labelled as latin pop by the artist himself and critics alike. I suppose it's down to whether one interprets either as a genre or description. The Dru Hill classic "How Deep is Your Love" is closer to contemporary R&B as the rythmic foreground/groove exemplifies that of contemporary R&B, with the harmonised soul vocals also typical of the R&b boy bands of that era (Jodeci, Next, 112, Boyz to Men....). In fact i think the only thing considered latin in the song is the spoken spanish female in the break. There is little to no latin instrumentation to be heard.

hehe, yeah we definitely dont see eye to to eye on this matter! specially now that you clarified your definition of Latin pop!

Oh how I wish I was stranded upon those hills! :D

e41af890f070.jpg

51NJDN4N7EL.jpg

61toSSz2oJL.jpg

41mSu5LHO2L._SL500_.jpg