Forum | Bia2.com
dodo

movie review

My favorite movies are as set forth:

1- God Father #1 & 2.

2- Scar face.

3- Legend of the falls.

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the Godfather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FaceOff was also one of my favourites of all time! Nicolas Cage is one of the greatest actors.

Who said something bad about Lord of the rings??????? Tell me so I can......... :angry: :angry:

Allthough, the movies weren't as good as the books (ok..I haven't read all 3 books yet ;)) they were still one of the best movie(s) ever made!!!

Now....about today, well, I saw Kill Bill vol. 2, eventhough I still haven't seen the first one :D But I got my update, so everything was fine, and the movie was good, it wasn't all that, but, I liked the fight scenes :D

hm....it seems like almost nothing on the cinemas intrests me now :huh:

1- God Father #1 & 2.

2- Scar face.

3- Legend of the falls.

well, I admit that I am the only "guy" I’ve ever met who thinks that SCAR FACE is toooooooooooooooo overrated!! <_<

1- God Father #1 & 2.

2- Scar face.

3- Legend of the falls.

well, I admit that I am the only "guy" I’ve ever met who thinks that SCAR FACE is toooooooooooooooo overrated!! <_<

totally agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee, when i watched it, i couldnt figure out what was so good about it.

my all time fave move is "east is east".

Looooooooooooool, that movie is so funny!!! East is east :D

And also Bend it like Beckham

1- God Father #1 & 2.

2- Scar face.

3- Legend of the falls.

you know.. the Godfather doesn't give Italians a good imgaine to look up too, but I have to admit that its everyone's fave movie... I think the horse head scene was pretty bizzard for me when I 1st saw it. how did they manage to do that without waking him up as the placed the head in his bed?? :huh:

... you spineless cockroach ..... I'm Tony Montana :angry: ... and I did not come from no banana boat

Alright, what's the latest and the greatest other than what you guys have

mentioned? I think the last movie I watched was "Gone By the Wind" !

Just kidding! LOL :)

Guest BehnoushY
How can u say that Troy is boring??? :o I just saw it tonight and I have to say that it's a great movie!! Not as good as The Gladiator but still good. kheyli hayejan dasht... B) & and Brad Pitt is soooooooo good! :wub:

I'm a little late on this topic but:

I agree and disagree with you Aso jan. Troy WAS BORING. The story itself is great...it is great but the film does not portrait it as it should. The movie is sooo lame. If you didn't know that the "legend" did exist, you'd think they just made up another "historical" movie out of nowhere. It's nothing compared to Gladiator. In Gladiator, you see Rome as it really was back then, gorgious, huge, and proud. But in Troy, the cities, ppl, and everything about it were sooo lame. They were nothing close to PROUD.

And to be honest, I didn't like Brad Bitt's acting in Troy. He did not resemble a great warrier at all. Ppl only liked it because he's famous not because he did a great job. I, personllay, am not a great fan of Bard Pitt anyways.

thank you behnoushy, finally some one agrees with me. the stroy of helen of troy, took about 10 years, they made it out to be only a couple of days. ANd totally agree with brad pitt, i thoght he was too sisy for it. he looked too young, and his face wasnt so worrier like.

One of the problems with Troy is that Brad Pit is Hollywood's pretty boy and as we Iranians say "soosool" and for the audience it's kinda hard to pic. him as a tough guy or a brave Warior, I could better picture Mel Gibson or Russel Crow in this role rather than Brad Pit, although I think he is a good looking man and not bad as far as acting goes, but certainly not in this character. that's my opinion folks!

What makes Homer’s History different than other history accounts, is the ”hearsay” blend of ”supernaturalism” and ”realism”!! just like ”Ferdosi’s SHAHNAMEH”!! which makes it to something more of an epic ”legend” than reality!! The exaggerated superficial ”beauty” is actually a FACT in Homer’s character-profiles!! Achilles was a ”half-god” and has been portrayed with a similar appearance in every painted adaptation of Homer’s history!!

Like the appearance of ”Sohrab”, the son of Rostam, in the traditional ”ghahve-khaane” paintings in Iran!!

pourya, this is how i see it, you see at school is where i learnt about achilis and the helen of troy, because i had to read it, but if i knew there was a movie, i would go and watch the movie, but the sad thing is the movie doesnt cover the story like the way it should be, so time is going to go on, surtain books will fade and that movie will live, and the next generation will probably only learn what they watched.

Absolutely do do jan,

I do agree that the movie DOES NOT make the LEGEND justice, by portraying it very ”selectively” and commercially!! Hey only Achilles’ story would be a 10-hour-movie!!

But as far as the ”visual” elements, it does.. IN MY OPINION!!

Just like the ”Lord of the Rings” Trilogy that couldn’t possibly do the WHOLE story (incl. Sub-stories) justice!! Even if it wanted!! The it would be a TV-series!!

But visually, they DID stick to the ORIGINAL drawings of the author!!

actually i guess im tooooo late in this topic but i just wanted to say that i loved Troy, i think it was amazing, and Brad was fabulous in it.

and i just watched the day after tommorow yesterday and IT WAS WOOOOOOW i mean i was just pinned to my seat the whole time!!! and it was also scary!! seeing or imagining that huge city would go under water and then freeze!!!!!!! :o :o

i recommend it to EVERYONE! go see it, otherwise u'll miss it BIG TIME!

pourya, i agree with you that yes, of course movies arent what the story is. but i will also stick to my point that, lots of people will miss out on reading the reall story because there was a movie made out of it. if i had to learn about troy, "do you actually think id read the book" no way. believe me there are plenty of people people like me. SO they could have totally done a better job of it.

I watched "The day after tomorrow" on friday and wow what a movie!

It only lacked two things:

1- some more emotions.

2- The wolves part could have had a better animation achievement.

But I would recommend this movie to those whom may have not seen it yet. ;)

ehhem ehhem... for peepz who still didnt see TROY & intend to watch it.. PLZ DON'T.. as dodo said ..it is really so disappointing!! for me i like this type of movies..i'd watch Gladiator & Braveheart dozens of times,, but TROY :ph34r: i even prayed it would finish soon so i can go shopping instead of wasting my time watching this movie..

i mean..you're right bout Brad Pitt acting as achillis..youd never imagine him as a warrior..but its how achillis is supposed to be coz he's 1/2 god.. anyways..the act of Hector was great.. but the movie as a whole couldnt make me cry @ all...

the scenes werent so perfectly captured..that's what i hate the most in movies :angry:

that's why i'd give it 2/5.. <_<

Phoenix Sis: is Troy like a Gigli type of movie, boring and not worth it!?!?

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW ROCKS!!! :rock:

-The Chronicles of Riddick

-Spider Man 2

-Fahrenheit 9/11

-Van Helsing

-Sherk 2

-Man on Fire

-Deserted Station (if it comes to this tiny town) <_<

are the movies I got to see!!

it wasnt that much of a movie!! first time i dislike a historical movie actually :ph34r:

bout "day after tomorrow" i guess i wont watch it.. i dont like watching this type of movies.. enough having disasters :angry:

what im going to watch is Shrek 2!! ;)

I just got a chance to watch Van Helsing tonight and found it somewhat entertaining and didn't mind it as much as I thought so!

SPIDER MAN 2, COMING JUNE 30TH!

... I ... can't ..... wait!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

what im going to watch is Shrek 2!! ;)

ok sis I'm counting on you to tell me about Shrek 2, I not going to see it until this Friday when I get paid. thanks sis!! :D

no more spectacular "lord of the rings" or "star wars" movie to look forward to this year..... :( <_<