Forum | Bia2.com
dodo

movie review

well you are surely familiar with the reputations of ”Sparta” (male homosexuality) and Lesvos (Lesbos) islands (female homosexuality)! hence the term!

Not to mention the Oedipus complex (physical/mental incest) that officially originates from the Greek mythology! Even though the whole ”keeping it inside the family” and ”keeping the noble blood pure” has links even to other ancient civilisations such as Egypt! With pharaoh conceiving child with his daughter!

And you can read about the ottoman soldiers who turned to homosexual relationships with their brothers in arms in order to avoid vulnerability in war (longing home)!

Hey our Sufi poetry too is arguably coloured by homosexuality, with Rumi's "love poems" to his master Shams!

So practically the whole history! ;)

in our culture it is mostly the ”object” who is regarded as homosexual while the ”doer” or the subject is just adhering to basic instincts and being a MAN, whether the object is female or male!

also exceptions for sexual intercourse with adolescent children who are regarded as ”androgynies” until they reach the adulthood! Therefore the growing and removing of facial hair is extra sensitive when it comes to our traditional culture! Marking manhood!

Oh boy!! U are sooooo knowledgeable!! Have so much to learn from ya! :):)

The stuff makes u wonder if we all have a bit of homo tendencies in our genes, considering how our ancestors have been behaving in the past!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Ive heard even Shakespeare was homo, or at least bi- he has a poem “shall I compare thee to a summer’s day, thou are more lovely and more temperate, rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, but thy eternal summer shall not fade, nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st; nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade,” or something, and apparently he wrote it to his male lover! :p

And bout Shams & Molana, I donnt know, like I don’t wanna think of 'em as homos, I think –hope- it’s more of a symbolic thing, Molana perceving shams as symbol of eternal completion, for embracing the true essence of life, a true Sufi, and he wrote the poems to that effect, to express his feelings to him as an admirer for being able to achieve this rather than a physical attraction thing…

I don’t know……. but thanx anyway for informing me! U are such an all-rounded person! :)

Last night i watched the movie, Cellular.

what can i say, im really suprised i watched the movie, i think that is becuase i couldnt fall asleep lastnight and i had nothing better to do. This story has similer content to "phonebooth" more difference are the acting and the extremely cheap budget, and some really bad stroy line. (maybe i should say shockers). The story was what of a creative mind but yet the writting and directing was what of a childesh mind. The music in this movie, actually no comment about it. The acting was horrific even though it did your A list actorsKim Basinger, Chris Evans, Jason Statham.

I wanted to see what happens in the movie but then at the same time i thought to my self what a piece of crap. im still halfhearted about it. it think with a bigger budget, and with some what more "creative" writters this movie could have been really good.

Wait till its out on video.

Guest BehnoushY

Ahhh....I AM SO JEALOUS NOW....how come all of you watch movies a few times a week and I hardly get to watch a movie once in a couple of months???? <_< :( That is soooo not fair

this is quite an old film but wot d'yu guys think of Cruel Intentions. I absolutely ADORE that film - gr8 cast, gr8 acting, very horny :p and had a brilliant ending. i cried happy tears @ the end!

it was totally wrth the late nite spent under my bed wtchin it on my smuggled tv (a downside of being 15 lol)

I finally got to watch ALEXANDER!

WOW what a movie!!

I give it 9,5 out of 10!

they even showed Darius' male lover BAGOAS who eventually became Alexander's BAGOAS!

I loooooove foreign movies with subtitles. Yesterday I watched A Very Long Engagement "“(Un Long Dimanche de Fiancailles". It’s such a poignant and powerful movie. the director Jean-Pierre Jeunet is absolutely brilliant. Very different to his previous movie Amelie, but still with a beautiful love story. Save your tears for the ending! I was sobbing like there was no tomorrow! But seriously the love story in it is so beautiful and pure….. highly recommended.. the only fault I could find with it was its length, it went for a bloody 3.5 hours.. but very powerful......

I think it's so funny how Americans (certainly not all of them ;) ) view films with subtitle, like it's all so boring. But here in Sweden, films with subtitle is the most natural thing for us, it would be weird if the film wouldn't have subtitle :D (Shans darim Soeed filmharo dooble nemikone)

yeah we are truly lucky! ;)

I love non-American (known as foreign movies in US!lol ;) ) movies too, there is a artistic flare to them!

There is an Italian movie called MALENA starring Monica Bellucci! I recommend it, even if U don’t love Monica as MUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH as I do!lol :p

I loooooove foreign movies with subtitles. Yesterday I watched A Very Long Engagement "“(Un Long Dimanche de Fiancailles". It’s such a poignant and powerful movie. the director Jean-Pierre Jeunet is absolutely brilliant. Very different to his previous movie Amelie, but still with a beautiful love story. Save your tears for the ending! I was sobbing like there was no tomorrow! But seriously the love story in it is so beautiful and pure….. highly recommended.. the only fault I could find with it was its length, it went for a bloody 3.5 hours.. but very powerful......

i think i have seen the movie you are talking about, i looooooove foreign movies too, Some of them bring out such different cultures to the standard american movie.

Ive also watched Malena too. Very nice story. i shed tears when she was being hit by the other ladies in town because she was a prostitude. So sad.

Well couple of days ago i watch "meet the fockers" So disappointing it doesnt even compare to the first one. I can still remember funny scences from meet the parents wich i watched couple of years ago but with this one i can barly recall any.

personally wait till its on dvd or even better on tv.

Some of them bring out such different cultures to the standard american movie.

i know... much better than an average hollywood happy ending, feel good movies;)

its not always the ending either, its the whole of the movie. You can watch a movie and from the first 10 minuts you know what its going to happen. And pretty much every films feels the same, but some for foreign films take you throught such an "emotion rollercoaster" that buy the end of it you are left thinking about it.

oh my goodness. last night i couldnt fall a sleep so i decided to watch a movie. (as done many times) the movie is called. Going Greek.

Reserved freshman Jake is forced to join the wildest fraternity on campus when the frat brothers refuse to accept his geeky cousin unless jake pledges with him.

As the semester progressses, jake struggles to maintain his grades as well as his affair with a beautiful sophomore who hates all fraternities. THrough al night beer fests, naked scavenger hunts, sorarity swapping and other creative activities. And so on.

Again it was a waist of time. Its i think a really stupid teen flick. THe biggest waist of time. I cant believe i didnt fall asleep watching it. So if you come across it, give it a miss.

"its the biggest piece of crap ive ever seen" Napolean Dynamite.

And also on that cout just b4 i was watching the documentry/movie. of Tupac. it was interesting. Esp how he started. You see a total different side i guess what was put out through his music. It dragged on a bit. and also some things are left to an individual to believe or not.

Meet the Fockers,

recommended by the lovely King.

i watched a really stupid waist of time movie, its called "im with lucy"

it had a big line up, but the movie wouldnt stop. It was so Shoot.

a great movie to watch is raising victor vargus. it is so good. the acting is fantastic. its a must watch movie.

SPANGLISH

spanglish.jpg

PLOT:A woman and her daughter emigrate from Mexico for a better life in America, where they start working for a family where the patriarch is a newly celebrated chef with an insecure wife. IMBD Movies.

Directed by

James L. Brooks

Writing credits (WGA)

James L. Brooks (written by)

IMBD MOVIES

Film genre: comedy, sweet, romantic.

I went into watching this movie, with very low expectations, as for the critics didnt rave much about it. (but then again when do i have the same taste as the critics).

The story was fantastic. Christine is writting an essay entry for university, she has based it upon there arrival to the usa from mexico. She talks about what she has seen that of her mother and her have been through.

This movie has such a feel good story about it. Adam Sandler playing John Clasky the "down to earth" "zan zalil" husband managed to portray his character very well and at times his little goofy acts would pop up here and there. As you watch the movie you are seeing that Adam Sandler is trying to get away from the characters he is known for.

I really enjoyed this movie. The story is truely a sweet romance which does not end the way i would have liked it to end, it kindda leaves you there ( a bit persian style). When watching this movie, you must not pay too much details to the directors work or the acting or the looks of the character, for this is one of those movies that has to be looked upon on the surface. THis is what i found to be really interesting about it. I found the movie to have a similar feel to the film "Soltane Ghalbha". THis movie is great deffintly rent it out.

you will like this movie if you liked:

13 going on 30

Love Actually

Soltane ghalbha.

sp31.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp1.jpg

Photos by. IMBD.com

Quotes:

John Clasky: Worrying about your kids is sanity, and being that sane... can drive you nuts.

John Clasky: They should name a gender after you.

Deborah Clasky: Mother, I don't have time right now for one of your drunken rants.

Evelyn Norwich: Well dear, it just so happens that I am completely sober. I gave up drinking three weeks ago, not that you've noticed... though I suppose the fact that you didn't speaks volumes of my ability to hold my liquor, but anyway...

I watched "boutique" last night, it was a rather good movie! but Golzar was as grumpy and BORJE ZAHREMAR az always!lol :haha:

this man plays all his roles the same way, enghadr too zheste ke dige khodesham yadesh mire dastan chie!lol :)))