Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 2fawn

Google in Farsi!!

don't say google in farsi say something other than farsi...bcuz i think arian doesn't like using the word farsi...right?

Guest triple555

lol arian do you want people to say Parsi instead of Farsi ??? :;-):

So does anybody remember.... that version of google putting this design up for Norouz

27422015085.gif

i thought it was cool but they could've been more creative & not so mundane , like they should've worked the symbols into the letters some how! lol may be i should design the one for norouz 1385 ... hhmmmm!!! lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

like i love to see when google is celebrating some event and see what kind of design they are using....

you can take a look at all of them in this website

Google Logos

some that i like

27422434781.gif

27422451210.gif

27422455879.gif

27422465594.gif

Guest arian

No. :;-)::;-)::;-):

Guest arian

So does anybody remember.... that version of google putting this design up for Norouz

27422015085.gif

What year did they do that?

Guest triple555

lol then can you be a little clear about it arian jan :;-): i just want to know what you mean!!! :friends:

Guest triple555

What year did they do that?

well see that iranian version the one that toofi posted the link for first, they did it for norouz 1384 i think.. let me see if i can find any info on the designer of it...

Guest triple555

well i couldn't find much but here is a different design (more details) and i have no idea which one was the one that they had displayed! i was sent a link from my cousin in iran and i clicked on it and had the google logo changed...

27516193626.gif

however its weird cause if you go on this link, it will show a total different design that was also part of the april 2005 google logo award nominees; now i just found out about this one now and i like it!!! its a total different design!!!

Award: Google Logo Awards Nominees April 2005

you'll see this logo as one that was nominated and designed by Armin Aka

Persian%20new%20year.jpg

i like how in this one they worked with the letters more!

Guest toofi

lol then can you be a little clear about it arian jan :;-): i just want to know what you mean!!! :friends:

yes... I'm curious too

i knew he did :DD

yes... I'm curious too

there is a thread where he explained why and he had very good and well thought out and researched reasons so check the thread out

Guest triple555

lol khanoomi jan but he said thats not it either.. its something else thats bothering him and hes not telling us.... :;-): arian begoo dige :;-): i wanna know 26911450949.gif

Guest arian

yes... I'm curious too

Farsi is the term we use for our language, when we are speakin Persian.

Persian is the correct term for our language when we are speakin English. Otherwise it'll be like a Spanish guy speakin in english sayin: I speak francais. :lol:

Besides, which normal European/American can connect farsi with Persians and Persian? :;-):

Persian refers to our heritage, damn it! :bash:

Guest toofi

Farsi is the term we use for our language, when we are speakin Persian.

Persian is the correct term for our language when we are speakin English. Otherwise it'll be like a Spanish guy speakin in english sayin: I speak francais. :lol:

Besides, which normal European/American can connect farsi with Persians and Persian? :;-):

Persian refers to our heritage, damn it! :bash:

Thank you, but I am very well aware of this. The relation is actually Farsi:Persian, Espanol:Spanish.

Also, the Google site that I gave you is in the Iranian/Persian language, which means it's in Farsi (or Parsi, if you wish). I personall believe, it's ok for me to say Farsi because I'm Iranian/Persian and and most of us here are the same; and I/we mix English and Farsi/Persian in here all the time. If you constantly would like to be politically correct about it, go ahead. I can respect that.

My point is that I'm aware of the "political correct" aspect of the terms used, but we're in a forum of friends, not a political forum.

I read your thread on that btw, and yes, there are a lot of Iranians that are ignorant in this aspect, but then there are a lot who are not.. I'm going to respond to it later.

ciao - T

PS: Don't take this as an attack on your statement, but as constructive criticism.

Guest arian

Thank you, but I am very well aware of this. The relation is actually Farsi:Persian, Espanol:Spanish.

:))) lol, so true, i was in a hurry for class sorry about that :D

Anyway, im not being politically correct. As i said you don't see French people people speaking english sayin "I speak francais". And more importantly you don't see Greek people sayin "I speek helenic" Why aren't they? Maybe cus they care of their heritage. :;-):

bark!... you can call it what you want, i never told you to change it.

Guest triple555

well i got a question since this subject has been brought up,

how come then its also in the english dictionary.. i mean the word FARSI is in the english dictionary and so u can use it while speaking english.. isn't that true?? i mean really of course they don't have the word FRANCAIS in the english dictionary so .... of course french people are not gonna say i speak francais... i'm not sure if i'm sending my point across or not anways.. that was just something in my mind that i was wondering! ...

i'm confused lol i get like this whenever i try to look up actually meanings from a dictionary like i did trying to look up the actual meaning of a FILM and a MOVIE to find out the difference between the two :D

Well what Arian explains about the term Farsi is correct! And also about its exportation to West and thereby its establishment in dictionaries and as a frequently used term! If you watch Beverly Hills Cop III the LA PD says, for English press…, for …and for Farsi please press 3! You can also hear it being used predominately in JAG television serie! Its not because its the correct term, but rather because its accepted! Just like the terms such as ”Latina”! it’s a Latin term but frequently used in American English!

Guest triple555

ohhh okk thats understandable!! i get it clearly now!! thanks!!! :friends: