Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
mahnand

What about Sighe(temporary marriage)????

Sighe(temporary marriage) poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What's your thought about it??

• I'm for it!!!
    • I'm against it!!
    • I'm neither for nor against it!!
    • First time I've heard of it
    • I'm not Shi'i, so forget about it..

To those who are interested in understanding "Sigheh" in and out I highly recommend "Law of Desire: Temporary Marriage in Shi'I Iran (Contemporary Issues in the Middle East)" by Shahla Haeri ! hard to find book from 89 but get it if you can!

ldes.jpg

Boss.. nevisandeh zaneh, pas ghazioeh ro ye tarafe dideh ? :damn:

yani chi?

man ketabo daram, propaganda nist! ketabe tahghighati daneshgahie! agar na ke recommend nemikardam!

yani chi?

man ketabo daram, propaganda nist! ketabe tahghighati daneshgahie! agar na ke recommend nemikardam!

pas eyvall besiar khoub, dastet dard nakoneh :) .

khandam migireh keh Reza Shah va pesaresh,beh khousus Mohammad Reza, in hameh try kardan keh in ghazieh az bein bereh touyeh Iran va umadan Qajar Kings ro maskhareh kardan,hala bian az ghabr pa shan va bebinan Iran cheh khabareh ..:D .

moshkel ine ke mohammad rezam akhe mazhabi bood! kais ke khodesho nazar karde bebine onvaght mikhad ghavanino secular kone?lol

ham mazhabi boud,ham delesh mikhast behesh dorough began !!! reza shah bar axesh boud montaha enghadar english govroment dekhalat kard keh digeh adam ye vaghtaei vaghean nemifahmeh keh ina beh tanhaei tasmimate keshvari ro migereftan ya hamash nokari mikardan !!

pourya jan i found that book in our library i'l read it and let y'all know! thanx for the source :huglove:

pourya jan i found that book in our library i'l read it and let y'all know! thanx for the source :huglove:

thats great! :)

agar har do taraf movafegh bahsan hwo carez what u and me think?

hey pourya jaan i read that 'laws of desire' book and i found it soooooo interesing, i think the author should do it again but for this generation. :clap2:

i found the female interviews the most interesting as most of the women did sigheh bcuz of security and also their sexual urges, and i thot it was great that they cared about their needs being fulfilled rather than other women in their time who thot they are the mens sex slaves and only their husbands urges mattered! i was intrigued by the control it gave them over their sighe-ers! :punishing_wft:

Great book, thanx for recommending it :cheekkiss:

i dont agree with sighe being used for sex only at all i think that is misusing why the law was put in place, but i think for practising muslims it is a good tool to get to know your future partner...it allows more freedom of thought and speech...plus theowman needs permission from her father and without it the sighe is not valid...and i doubt many fathers would give permission for their daughters to get sighe'd for prostitution purposes...so....

i dont knw much about this but isnt what aghd is for? like super religious muslims have aghd before actually marriage..and i knw of a few cases that it was purely done so the girls parents gave them permission to to whatever..but it was also said that thre wasnt going to be any sex..incase it didnt work out..

i dont agree with sighe being used for sex only at all i think that is misusing why the law was put in place, but i think for practising muslims it is a good tool to get to know your future partner...it allows more freedom of thought and speech...plus theowman needs permission from her father and without it the sighe is not valid...and i doubt many fathers would give permission for their daughters to get sighe'd for prostitution purposes...so....

i dont knw much about this but isnt what aghd is for? like super religious muslims have aghd before actually marriage..and i knw of a few cases that it was purely done so the girls parents gave them permission to to whatever..but it was also said that thre wasnt going to be any sex..incase it didnt work out..

aghd is permenant marriage and is way more complicated as far as dowry and other things are concerned...and in aghd the parent cant acertain weather the couple can have sex or not as they are man and wife after aghd and their decisions do not concern parents...the no sex rule only applies to non-sexual sighes

oh ok

you seem to know these stuff..I know islam in a very different way so its intersting to find out other views..

is that true that if youre muslim you cant marry a non muslim guy? so there is no point of having an aghd in that case at all?

Not unless he converts!

I should also mention that even ”sighe” is an "aqd" per definition! Its marriage just not "daaem"! Aqd is the legal act and "aroosi" is the formal! Some couples might have their aqd much prior to their aroosi, that way even though they havent formally got married their legally are and are "halaal" to each other!

Well u can still get married outside Iran but not acknowledged by Islamic laws! And if Islamic laws are of importance to a person then that’s not really sad since he/she lives by them!

It can only cause complications for those who are born Muslim but not believers, get married to a person of other faith and then want to travel to Iran! There is the problem since they are not husband and wife legally and cant behave like that when in Iran!

yeah see i dont call myself muslim...and i knw its fine by my parents whether or not i get married the islamic way..

but if you have parents that are either religious or so worried about harfe mardom ure in trouble..n again goin to iran would be a hassle..since the guy isnt technicaly ur husband he wud need a visa..and u cant even stay in hotel since ure a single girl...eyne sagi ke sahab nadare...arghhh

What is it? never heard of it...

Did you read the Thread title?

If not read it again!

What is it? never heard of it...

Did you read the Thread title?

If not read it again!

Thanks...that was interesting...

since i am christian i am not so familiar with sighe..

i read some articels its the only way a Muslim man can "marry" a girl "from the books"..

is it also possible the other way a men from the books "marries" a Muslim girl ?

Pourya bro u have wrote this long time ago that a muslim cant marry a christian but its not that a muslim can marry a christian coz there religion is almost like Islam

My friend is a muslim he is going to marry a christian....but i think muslims can marry only christians not anyother religions

I havent said they cant marry a christian! However there are rules! In Iran when you wanna do that your Christian spouse is to convert, not you! My friend who has married a Christian man and converted to his religion faces death if moving to Iran! Latest I checked you werent allowed to convert from Islam to any other religion, incl Christian faith! Maybe in Dubai fantasyland you can!lol

dont recall if I have recommended this book or not but anyone who is interested should get and read it!

http://www.amazon.com/Law-Desire-Temporary...y/dp/0815624832

i read that It is permitted for a Muslim to sighe a woman from Ahl al-Kitab "People of the Book" (followers of monotheistic religions).

i found nothing vice versa: can a muslim woman sighe a men Ahl al-Kitab "People of the Book" ?