Sign in to follow this  
Guest arian

Islamic Poets 1000 years ago...

Guest arian

From another forum:

These are two muslim poets who lived around 1000 years ago:

Khayyam Neishaburi

dlm0pk.jpg

Khayam, if you are intoxicated with wine, enjoy!

If you are seated with a lover of thine, enjoy!

In the end, the Void the whole world employ

Imagine thou art not, while waiting in line, enjoy!

Ok, so i guess most of us know Khayyam, but what about this other poet?

Mahasti Ganjavi

fmashati.jpg

That Turkish boy who is my adonis

I see him lie on top of me but in dreams

O homosexual boy, Come to make peace

You enjoy his Azz but give me his penis

An turk pesar ke man nadidam sirash

Bashad ke zebar bashad o basham zirash

Han ey pesareh khatib ta solh konim

To ba k**ash besazo man ba k*r*sh :o

These poems are definitly unusual in the modern Islamic word!

Guest toofi

These poems are definitly unusual in the modern Islamic word!

121132[/snapback]

Islamic world 1000 years ago is absolutely nothing like it is today.

Thanks for the info though. :th

Guest arian
Islamic world 1000 years ago is absolutely nothing like it is today.

Thanks for the info though.  :th

121536[/snapback]

You're welcome :)

But can you explain more what you mean? you mean the Islamic world was diffrent? in what way?

Guest toofi

I'm no expert, but from what I dessiminate from what I've learned about religion and society in general, the islamic "culture" evolves because of the interpretations of the qhoran by those who have the power and authority to interpret for the masses, i.e. today's Iran's clerics.

We all know that the Bible, Qhoran and the Torah, and even the US constitution is up for interpretation.

Lets say, for example, they establish a new law based on their interpretation of Islam scriptures: Women can't be outside of the house w/o the chaperon of her brother, father or wife. Hypothetically, the society under the cleric accept it little debate if any at all, which is basically what happens anyways. 2 generations later, I am confident that they will forget that this "new law" is just something created by one man and wasn't part of islam law since day 0. It's going to be engrained into the society like Islam is engrained into Iran today. That's another good example in itself... many people believe that Iran was a Muslim country... it wasn't, we know that now.

Society evolves... but laws forget to evolve with society and a lot can happen in 1000 years.

I hope that makes sense....

I'm no expert, but from what I dessiminate from what I've learned about religion and society in general, the islamic "culture" evolves because of the interpretations of the qhoran by those who have the power and authority to interpret for the masses, i.e. today's Iran's clerics. 

We all know that the Bible, Qhoran and the Torah, and even the US constitution is up for interpretation.

Lets say, for example, they establish a new law based on their interpretation of Islam scriptures:  Women can't be outside of the house w/o the chaperon of her brother, father or wife.  Hypothetically, the society under the cleric accept it little debate if any at all, which is basically what happens anyways.  2 generations later, I am confident that they will forget that this "new law" is just something created by one man and wasn't part of islam law since day 0.  It's going to be engrained into the society like Islam is engrained into Iran today.  That's another good example in itself... many people believe that Iran was a Muslim country... it wasn't, we know that now.

Society evolves... but laws forget to evolve with society and a lot can happen in 1000 years.

I hope that makes sense....

122446[/snapback]

Well according to the principles a jurist aka Faqih is also meant to be Mojtahed, to interpret the religious jurisprudence aka Fiqh in an Ijtihad (in accordance to the needs of the present time)! But in reality this is nothing broadly implied!