Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Siamak

About Googoosh

Madonna, Barbara, Celine, Judy, Googoosh Whomever you call the best does not matter. Iran's single most successful super star is Googoosh. Today, she consistently outsells all other Iranian popstars by a factor of 10. She is the quintessential Diva and sets the standard by which all others follow.

Her style, grace, fire and passion for her craft leave no doubt as to her greatness and countless millions from around the world follow her every move with an enthusiasm and following that is timeless and endless.

Googoosh was born Faegheh Atashin in 1951 on Sarcheshmeh Street, in an old and worn down part of Tehran, to Azerbaijani immigrant parents from the former Soviet Union. When she was two, they separated. Because of her father's profession - he was an acrobat and an entertainer - she grew accustomed to the stage early on, and was part of his act until she was three. She began doing impersonations of some of the singers of the time. When her father discovered this talent, he put her on stage. She has been on stage as a paid professional since she was three.

Googoosh had one brother who, at the age of 24, was struck by heart rheumatism and passed away. She has three half-brothers on her father's side and a brother and sister on her mother's side.

Because Googooosh's mother was separated from her father when Googoosh was young, Googoosh never got a chance to live with her. Her mother later remarried and as a result, Googoosh didn't see her again until she was 13. For a while she was even told that her mother had passed away - so that she wouldn't ask for her on the road.

Because Googoosh lived with her stepmother, she didn't have a very good home life. But she was occupied with school and performances, and was kept busy with household chores. She was also in charge of one of her brothers.

The name "Googoosh" is an Armenian name but for a boy and was given to her at birth. But because it was a boy's name there was a problem registering the name on her birth certificate. As a result, her registered name is Faegheh.

During the 1970's Googoosh began a meteoric rise to fame and success as she drove the edge of Iranian pop music further and further. Known for her flamboyant outfits, and fashion sense, Googoosh wowed her pop culture hungry fans in Iran and abroad with her trademark hairdos and hip-elegant style. Iranian women changed hairdos with Googoosh and she was always one step ahead of them with a new look.

Googoosh's private life was not quite so successful and a series of bad marriages and abusive relationships followed. She has one son Kambiz who is also in the music industry in Los Angeles.

After the Islamic revolution in Iran in 1979, Googoosh had been forbidden from performing and her material had been banned. She kept herself occupied at home, taking care of her house, reading. Because she had no intentions of leaving Iran, she adapted to her new life. Many people would tell her that other Iranian singers who began their careers much later in life than she did were choosing to leave because they could not endure not being able to perform. They would ask how it was that she, who had always been on stage, managed to adapt.

For a time Googoosh battled depression until the early 1990s when she met Massoud Kimiai (now her husband). He saw her sadness, and later told her that it was as if the flower of her soul had withered. On their first date he took her to a private recording studio in Tehran and after years of silence she put on her headphones, and started to sing for the first time in years. This had an overwhelming effect on her and gradually an energy quickly spread within her. Now drawing from the love she received from people since the end of the Iran-Iraq war, tt was this support which brought her out of her depression.

In 1999 rumors spread to Iran that a following had grown outside of Iran and the many ex-patriate Iranians who had left Iran during the revolution yearned for Googoosh to perform again. It was under this encouragement and the opportunity presented by an Iranian concert promoter that enabled Googoosh to leave Iran in 2000 and start a concert tour that spanned the globe.

Today Googoosh is based in Toronto Canada where she continues to work on her music career as well as independent films. Googoosh still tours regularly and her concerts are sold out events throughout the Iranian and non-Iranian communities wherever she goes.

We love you Googoosh-e aziz . :)

is anyone going to her concert in September? :DD

i kinda dont really agree although i love her singing style and ma msn profile has a pic of her i still thinks she is kinda cruel

well to be said she doesnt really care about her two bros in know googooshs two bros........

they are very nice ppl and they helped googoosh come to canada but since then their sister has paid no attention to them...

i think tht kinda sad for googoosh and im really disappointed :c

yeh although googoosh had 3 bros i only no two of demm very sad ... thts why i dont respect her tht much anymore.....

remember lolz Baradar Khateret hast lolz yeh rite!

Guest triple555

here you go siamak! you just need to use the search engine to find the thread you want!! hapali hapoo nemishan ina .. :)

here you go siamak! you just need to use the search engine to find the thread you want!! hapali hapoo nemishan ina .. :)

Thx Ziba.thx Banoo khoshgeleh . . . fekr kardam hapali hapoo shodeh.

Dast booseh shoma hastim :) .

Guest triple555

ur welcome! :friends:

lol midooni ke hameye thread ha ke az aval dorost shode vojood daaran yejaayi too world wide web!! :) its kind of weird when i think deeply about it :weeell3ho: :unsure::wacko: i'm talking about this world wide web!!! lol nevermind this topic! :bash: i'm getting a headache!

when a thread is not posted in for more than one month it will not be visible to the eye until you rearange the date setting of threads! below in the pannel!

Guest triple555

hehe yeah its like 7 pagess!! cool!! thanks!! :friends: from way back in dec 2003! :haha:

I don't understand her!!!

Why does she think that she sooooOo desperately needs Mehrdad??? :poke:

I don't understand her!!!

Why does she think that she sooooOo desperately needs Mehrdad??? :poke:

lool I guess you have to ask her :secret:

I don't like Googosh at all and I don't know why :acute:

lol

I am not too crazy about her anymore either!

SHAAH-MAAHI!!lol :haha:

LOL,

I guess tabdil be MOrghe maahikhaar shodan!

SHAAH-MAAHI!!lol :haha:

LOL,

I guess tabdil be MOrghe maahikhaar shodan!

:))):))):))):lol:

fekr konam ye harfe bahal to zendegit zade bashi onam in hast!! :clap:

hanuz hal mikonam bahash :) .

powsolaleh20moeinnc8.jpg

me too siamak, she is the best! shes coming to stockholm on the 27th of december wihuuuu :dance_baby_wft:

Summer 2008 she will commin to France :clap2:

Mizanim va mikubunim Paris ro :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Elahi har ki behesh hasudi mikoneh va bikhodi bad migeh, zabunesh siah besheh va mu dar biad az roush hahahahaha

Googooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Is Commingggggggggggggggggggggggg :clap2: :dance_baby_wft:

googoosh.jpg