Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
TH14

Are iranians pretenious?

Are Iranians chi chi?

108149[/snapback]

maybe pretencious? :S thats a word right? :p

108152[/snapback]

Yes without fail 90% of Iranians are Pretencious and 10% are down to earth.

one thing i cant stand is answering the phone at home when a persian calls they are worst than a detective....

1:salam chetori?

2: khoobi?

2: hameh chetoran?

3: Khooban?

4: khob baz che khabar?

5: halet khoobeh?

5: pas hameh khooban?

6: intarafa nemiyay

7: chi kara mikoni?

8: salam beresoon

:bash:

and thats not the half of it....

its the same question said in different words. then i pass the phone to my mother and it starts all over again....

lol

107952[/snapback]

this is my telephone conversation with my mom's dokhtar khale like every week when she calls from iran:

ring ring

s:hello

dk:sara joon toyi?

s:baale salam khale lilly khoobin shoma?

dk:man khoobam khoobi azizam maman khoobe baba doostat madrese darsa hame chi khoobe

s:bale hame chi khoobe

dk:maman hast?

s: na rafte beeroon

dk:ee va koja rafte

then the conversation goes on for like 30 min me explaining where my mom is with who what she is doing etc.

and like she always tells me oh my god ur so pretty and then she will be like what the hell are u wearing

it drives me :bash::bash::bash: CRAZY!!!!

its funny how we all agree with the fakeness in our race. But the question is, would you change it?..would you replace all the long telephone conversations,all the tarofs for just plain simple pleasantries?..a bit like the english?..in my opinion no matter how annoying and tedious some parts of our culture can be, i wouldnt change it for anything, and i would certainly not swap it with other countries cutlures. At the end of the day, these tarofs etc and fakeness makes up who we are.

what, you telling me you would like to be english?..heres an example..tell me what would you rather choose..english phone call conversation or iranan:

English;

Dad: Alright son

Son:Alright

Dad:u goin out?

son:yea, be back around 12

Dad:ok son, see ya..

nice and simple..and emotionalness. I no some british families that when the Dad walks in the house after work the family dont even greet him or say hello.

The worse one is this..my freind told me(iranian freind) that he once slept with an english girl, with her mum and dad being next door!..and the next day, the dad gave them both breakfast in bed!..can you imagine an iranian dad doing that..not in a million years..prob shoot the guy and then kill the daughther..lol..too much gherati..

anyway at the end of the day you got to take the good with the bad with our culture.and its a lot better than most cultures..even if we are fake..bottom line:

once you go Persian, you dont change the version!

blap blap blap

brave words........and not ones i expected from u!!!!

would have been better without the blap blap blap tho!!!

:):):):):))

109379[/snapback]

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

its funny how we all agree with the fakeness in our race. But the question is, would you change it?..would you replace all the long telephone conversations,all the tarofs for just plain simple pleasantries?..a bit like the english?..in my opinion no matter how annoying and tedious some parts of our culture can be, i wouldnt change it for anything, and i would certainly not swap it with other countries cutlures. At the end of the day, these tarofs etc and fakeness makes up who we are.

what, you telling me you would like to be english?..heres an example..tell me what would you rather choose..english phone call conversation or iranan:

English;

Dad: Alright son

Son:Alright

Dad:u goin out?

son:yea, be back around 12

Dad:ok son, see ya..

nice and simple..and emotionalness. I no some british families that when the Dad walks in the house after work the family dont even greet him or say hello.

The worse one is this..my freind told me(iranian freind) that he once slept with an english girl, with her mum and dad being next door!..and the next day, the dad gave them both breakfast in bed!..can you imagine an iranian dad doing that..not in a million years..prob shoot the guy and then kill the daughther..lol..too much gherati..

anyway at the end of the day you got to take the good with the bad with our culture.and its a lot better than most cultures..even if we are fake..bottom line:

once you go Persian, you dont change the version!

blap blap blap

108305[/snapback]

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

me + DiVooNehShO + M Khordadian + Khanoomi = :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:DD :DD :DD :dance: :dance: :dance: yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

brave words........and not ones i expected from u!!!!

would have been better without the blap blap blap tho!!!

Y didnt u expect it?..never underestimate the underestimated

hehehehehe....i didnt underestimate u azizam.....i just had you done for the kind of person that would prefer the english convo!!!

guess i was wrong.....my humble apologies oh great one :v :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :p

hehehehehe....i didnt underestimate u azizam.....i just had you done for the kind of person that would prefer the english convo!!!

guess i was wrong.....my humble apologies oh great one  :v  :worshippy:  :worshippy:  :worshippy:  :p

110509[/snapback]

Just because i dont talk in farsi on here, doesnt make me any less of an iranian than you..

im not the great one,you are!!..ur the single reason why i come here on bia2.com to be entertained by ur wit and intelligence.

Damet gharm

Are iranians pretenious?, Fake society <--- 90% yes .

I agree somewhat. I've always felt that I was different from other Iranians, even thought I was born in Tehran. I'm not reall comfortable beng other Persians who I don't know & such. I live in the LA area, but i'm middle class. I grew up around Mexicans, and I don't speak that much Farsi. I don't have many Persian friends either, so I'd like to thank you for bringing this subject up.

I find it very difficult to communicate with Iranians not only because of god awful farsi but because its hard to distinguish how much of what they are saying isnt khaalibandi! Im a really straight forward person and have never understood why people would say something if its not true. I do have a few very good iranian friend who arent like that but i have found that the majority unfortunately are. its also about poz, i cant stand it for too long because i find it unnecessary, so as you can imagine a lot of iranians dont like me as i tend to call them out on their exaggerations! :haha:

As a race, does anyone feel we are pretenious or fake?..For example, if someone is not a lawyer, or Doctor, and has a normal average job do they get looked down upon by some iranians?..do we only like to associate ourselfs with the rich and successful?

If some iranians didnt go to University or college, will they also get looked down upon by iranians?..Have iranians set too high standars for themselves?..or is that why we are one of the most successful ethnic minorities in the USA?.

Does anyone else feel that there is too much fakeness in the iranian culture as well?..For example, ppl are polite for the sake of being polite when tehy tarrof, rather than being polite geniuely.

Finally, do iranians from Tehran feel they are superior than iranians who hail from different parts of Iran(e.g Mahshad)?..

Answers on a postcard folks!

TH14

Our culture is screwed up brother. Avoid the Iranians and live a life.

As a race, does anyone feel we are pretenious or fake?..For example, if someone is not a lawyer, or Doctor, and has a normal average job do they get looked down upon by some iranians?..do we only like to associate ourselfs with the rich and successful?

If some iranians didnt go to University or college, will they also get looked down upon by iranians?..Have iranians set too high standars for themselves?..or is that why we are one of the most successful ethnic minorities in the USA?.

Does anyone else feel that there is too much fakeness in the iranian culture as well?..For example, ppl are polite for the sake of being polite when tehy tarrof, rather than being polite geniuely.

Finally, do iranians from Tehran feel they are superior than iranians who hail from different parts of Iran(e.g Mahshad)?..

Answers on a postcard folks!

TH14

Our culture is screwed up brother. Avoid the Iranians and live a life.

its not the culture its the current politics, but fortunately culture is much older than curret politics, hopefully there might be a change sooner or later