Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TODAY I WATCHED ...

Water for elephants

3.5/5

A cliché love story a la classic Hollywood matinés, custom-made for the fans of Pattinson and gushy love stories like "Notebook". By the way, my condolences herr Waltz for letting yourself being typecast!

Wrecked

3.5/5

If you liked "127 Hours" and "Buried" then this is a movie for you!

My amazon US order arrived this week. Had family over from Iran the past few weeks though, so had very little time, let alone any time to dedicate to TV/Film. I intend on indulging in a film marathon tomorrow!!! The Messenger BD, is first up!

glad you received your order pedram jan, I too received a book from amazon US this week which is long out of print but arrived all battered! they had not sealed the parcel properly :damn:

doh :damn: Luckily mine arrived immaculately packaged. Have you reported it as damaged? Do they happen to have any other copies in stock to replace?

:damn:

doh :damn:

Cheghadr shoma 2 taa inja hay be saretoon koobidin! LOL man be jaaye shoma sar dard gereftam! :D

lol bro, I'm glad you caught up! :haha:

Pedram jan, no they dont have another copy! and the US amazon has a terrible replacement policy and process, in past people who complained a lot had their accounts terminated!lol :eek_wft:

lol that's terrible, i expect better from Amazon. What sort of incentive is that for international customers? Makes it a high risk transaction rather than a smooth one!

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

5/5

A coherent story, elaborate characters and a mix of genre makes this not only the best movie of its franchise but also a great prison break and warfare movie. Even though Weta's CGI wasn't as seamless as one had hoped that it would be, seems like its easier to animate and generate heavy gorillas than fast moving chimps, it was easily forgiven and forgot when over-shone by the excellence of the rest.

I saw it yesterday too pourya jan at iMAX, straight after Super 8!

Super 8 was great, a true throwback to those excellent 80s movies i grew up with. Sure the story was not as elaborate as I had hoped, but it was like a charming ride back to my childhood. 8/10

As far as Planet of the Apes goes, it is not a film I would usually go see, but went and really enjoyed it. From now on I will watch all my movies at iMax. It really is like a step up from VHS to Blu Ray!

I just checked and apparently there is 1 screen in Stockholm, Sweden at the Swedish Museum of Natural History. Some of the iMax buildings across the world have very elegant designs....

Mexico

Cecut.jpg

London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BFI_London_IMAX_at_night.jpg

Eilat

File:IMAX_3D_Eilat.jpg

Bucharest

Bucharest_IMAX_Samsung_Theatre.JPG

My local one is a little less glamorous, but decent enough...

article-1201731-05D49D43000005DC-260_468x286.jpg

FRINGE!! have been obsessed with this programme since i was introduced a few weeks ago and am watching a couple a night to catch up until season 4 on the 23rd Sept!!!

Everything Must Go

4/5

Every now and then, in-between high profile and crappy comedies, Ferrell surprises with a humble movie with an actual substance! The indie flavored "Everything Must Go" flies under the radar and is a sad everyday story which strikes a chord with the common man.

Zookeeper

2.5/5

Night at the Museum meets Dr Dolittle. Had the potential to be funnier than it ended up to be. Watch Fierce Creatures, a much funnier zoologic comedy.

Green lantern

2.5/5

One of the corniest superheroes is turned into a corny movie thanks to computer game style of CGI! The cut-scene style of animation raises the cartoon factor and kills the (non-geek) adult appeal. Could it have been realized in a more serious fashion? Considering the source material ... probably not! Other than miss lively, I did not find any eye-candy.

This movie really drained me. Halam gerefteh shod badjoory.

Everything Must Go

4/5

Every now and then, in-between high profile and crappy comedies, Ferrell surprises with a humble movie with an actual substance! The indie flavored "Everything Must Go" flies under the radar and is a sad everyday story which strikes a chord with the common man.

FRINGE!! have been obsessed with this programme since i was introduced a few weeks ago and am watching a couple a night to catch up until season 4 on the 23rd Sept!!!

The new season is great. I love this series

The Tree of Life

4.5/5

By holding back on words Malick manages to tell a story and convey sentiments through elaborately orchestrated cinematography and soundtrack. As a result Tree of Life is a rather artistic and poetic film which tries to remain neutral between creationism and Darwinism, even though at times turns a bit too religiously spiritual in its attempt to address the existentialistic questions of life (in particular at its end). The film is rather unique in its style though there can be drawn stylistic parallels to The Fountain, the Diving Bell and the Butterfly and Enter the Void.

Midnight in Paris

3/5

I could not have loved the scenario more, it is as if it was written for a Golden Age dreamer like myself! Unfortunately the movie comes somewhat short in terms of story and script and in the end it is nothing more than a lighthearted and mediocre comedy by the Europhilic Woody.

The Tree of Life

4.5/5

By holding back on words Malick manages to tell a story and convey sentiments through elaborately orchestrated cinematography and soundtrack. As a result Tree of Life is a rather artistic and poetic film which tries to remain neutral between creationism and Darwinism, even though at times turns a bit too religiously spiritual in its attempt to address the existentialistic questions of life (in particular at its end). The film is rather unique in its style though there can be drawn stylistic parallels to The Fountain, the Diving Bell and the Butterfly and Enter the Void.

Glad you enjoyed it pourya jan. I too agree, that perhaps its ingredients to success lie in its absence of narrative and dialogue. It is a visual assault on the senses and a beautiful catalyst to true viewer discretion. The images resonate with me and I'll be picking this up on BD on release date.

Btw, What did you make of the dinosaurs? hehehe :haha:

lol That segment really felt narratively out of place and I felt it was squeezed in there just to create a Darwinian balance for the rest of the spiritual and religious content and message! I mean that end was really rubbish unless you really "believe"!

Johnny English: Reborn, 1/5. I was dragged to this by my other half after losing a bet and he apologised after we saw it!!!! AVOID at all costs!

Sleeping Beauty

3/5

The film's dramaturgy is too clinically sterile to bear anything of its own than visual nods to Kubrick's concepts and cinematography. It would be farfetched to draw parallels to Lynch or Argento as it lacks that level of bizarre. In the end Sleeping Beauty is nothing more than a showcase of Browning's doll-like body, as she appears naked in almost ever scene! Relevantly and irrelevantly!

Crazy, Stupid, Love

3/5

The problem with Crazy, Stupid, Love is that its too shallow to be an indie flick! The characters are thin and there is basically no development to them, making you really not caring about what happens to them and their relationships. Something which really is a shame, considering the acting abilities of it leads and their potential for a chemistry.

Horrible Bosses

2.5/5

A comedy with a decent set-up which loses potential hallway through wile turning into a tame and lame Hangover parody!

Sleeping Beauty

Crazy, Stupid, Love

3/5

The problem with Crazy, Stupid, Love is that its too shallow to be an indie flick! The characters are thin and there is basically no development to them, making you really not caring about what happens to them and their relationships. Something which really is a shame, considering the acting abilities of it leads and their potential for a chemistry.

only 3/5 common

It was a good laugh.....

Funny was something it wasnt, it had borrowed cliches and lame platitudes of the genre and all Steve's scenes were copies of his previous movies