Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TODAY I WATCHED ...

watched Up couple of days ago. it was an ok animation!

Up325.jpg

i also got around to watch Ice age 3

ice-age-3.jpg

loved ice age 3

Edited by Ahmaad

I will be watching it again soon! :DD

I have to say that I had no trouble with the glasses, however it took me an hour to adjust to the whole third dimension! with tiny headache after 3 hours!Lol but worth it! :D

I'll be seeing Avatar in all its 3D glory tonight too! Cannot wait!!

Pourya jan, were you impressed with the story as much as the technical side of things?!

Good to have you back Pedram jan! The story is rather conventional, nothing clever really. Just an old formula, but it works fine. There are some plot-holes which annoyed me a bit, but the whole visual experience is so positively overwhelming that you forgive such shortcomings!

I'm a self-righteous fan of vigilante justice and have a soft spot for stylized shoot-em-up flicks. Considering the combination its unforgivable that I haven't watched The Boondock Saints 'til now! Its not perfect, but taken for what it is, namely one of the early specimens of its genre it deserves the cult status it has been given. Looking forward to see the recently released follow up.

boondockrpthe-boondock-saints-posters.jpg

busy and good year for mr Dafoe !

I watched avatar tonight

avatar-james-cameron-movie-1024x576.jpg

i agree with ur blogpost pourya! there just hasnt been anything like this before!

It was AMAZING!!

i too have a slight headache now having just watched it around 2 hours ago but it was worth it! it was like being in another world!

u can say that again :D

and btw i too have a crush on nayirti was it ? the hot blue alien warrior chick! :))

this CGI thing was done with the actors right ? i mean it had they're face expressions and all right ? coz it did look like zoe! specially some of her angry expresssions and it was so cute lol :D

Yeah I to really enjoyed watching it (Avatar), we went to the theater last Friday on its opening day, boy the line up was the craziest thing I had seen, but hey it was well worth every second of the wait in there. It's a pitty not to watch this amazing movie in 3D. Too me it had everything, lots of emotion, non-stop action, nice storyline, good directing, great soundtrack, fantastic length of time, romance and...

Whoever hasn't yet watched it, I do recommend it to watch! :th :th

A decent comedy which I think works best for 30+ folks with a marriage or longer relationships in their luggage! Like yours-truly! Really enjoyed it.

couples-retreat-poster.jpg

You were spot on about Avatar pourya!! What a spectacle, it's gorgeous visual presentation is just mindblowing. Nothing new story wise but it is effective and i'm sure this will go down in history as one of the greats.

Happy that you loved it Pedram jan! :D actually all my friends who have seen it have loved it! even though its not their genre per se! Now that you have seen it here is one of the things that bugged me about the plot:

I dint really get how he who has no functional nerves in his legs connect them to the avatar of his brother! It doesnt make sense! since they clearly said that its not the mind controlling but in order to move the avatar you have to stimulate it through relevant nerves! also there was a hole when it comes to the awake/dream shifts! he was to wake up physically when his avatar went to sleep night-time in Pandora, that way the Navis never noticed his absence! however there were scenes when he was physically flying in a aircraft above Pandora in daytime, while the next scene showed his avatar hunting!!!

i think i can answer the second part

the way i saw it they weren't hiding the whole sleeping waking up part from the na'ivi! they knew about it. and they knew when they went to sleep they woke up on the other side

I dont think that was the case ahmad!

that was the whole purpose with that avtar! to fool the Navis! they knew these came from another planet but didn't know this wasnt their actual appearance! you can tell they didn't know since there was only one time that the rival of his suspected it when he suddenly collapsed while talking!

oh nooo! i think ur mistaken pourya

they knew they were actually human as they had contact with them before that and a school that thought them their language!

and read this:

" Neytiri is at first angry with Jake for having caused her to kill the Viperwolfs needlessly and leaves him. Jake goes after Neytiri, who tells him not to follow as she knows he is an avatar hybrid - a dreamwalker from the sky people."

http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_%28film%29

human hybrid

dreamwalker!

they knew ;)

Edited by Ahmaad

ahmad you are confusing the two! they knew that there were people among them but also creatures of their kind! a hybrid but not hollow!

lol ahmad jan,

they called them "people from the sky", hence the dreamwalkers! they were not aware of the scientific origin! they knew they were hybrids among the people of the sky however they did not know that they were "avatars" controlled by men! a scam! you see, that was the whole point with the avatar project! the Navi's thought among the people from the sky were hybrids that looked like them but they did not know that these were only vessels controlled by some distant man in a tube! and not actual creatures! that is the difference! that is why they reacted so to each collapse of the avatar! that rival uttered his suspicion that he suspects that these arent real creatures but bodies possessed by evil spirits! had they known the scientific origin this would have not been a suspicion but a fact! anyway, i will be watching it again next week.