Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TODAY I WATCHED ...

I watched his latest last night! I had been anticipating this, especially since I happened to love Volver! Which in my opinion delivered a more mature and balanced Almodovar. But after having seen his latest opus I'm truly disappointed as Almodovar has gradually gone from overwhelming to underwhelming! Broken Embraces does start off rather interesting, however a dull and unengaging back-story takes it all away! this is really pale for any director! let alone Almodovar! All the twists are such cliches and not even the best cliches! you don't start to feel for the characters in the movie despite it being called "Broken Embraces" and just screams for empathy! In my opinion his weakest ever!

broken-embraces-os.jpg

daghighan ! in behtarin film almodovar nist ... shayad ma digeh ziad beh in style adat kardim.. beh har hal goft keh digeh in style ro edameh nakhahad dad va tarjih mideh keh faghat socio-melodrama kar koneh.

moshkel style nist, moshkel dastane ke be hich vajh jaleb nabood! yek dastane mamooli bood baraye yek filme mamooli, Almadovar nabood!

az in film irad kheili gerefteh shod... enghadar keh khod-e almodovar sedash dar umad va ghabl az summer eteraf kard keh film bishtar dar zaman edit shodanesh az tak va ta oftadeh ... hamuni keh shoma migi, in almodovar nabud, baghiash bahaneh ast !

P jan, almodovar yek barnameh khahad dasht dar stockholm university keh miad ba danesh juha sohbat koneh ,bebinam daghighan kei hast,behet migam,agar vaght kardi,boro hatman ! albateh 100% english balad nist vali bad nist agar vaght kardi yek sar bezani va bahash harf bezani :) .

Purchased Gladiator (steel book edition) on Blu-Ray today. Warning to those considering buying it; DON'T!! The packaging and features are faltless, but the picture is severley flawed. DVD-Blu Ray conversion is something that different studios are addressig in a dif way. Many are using effects such as grain, to disguise inadequate conversion. Something that is evident in this case. As a consequence the picture looks better upscaled DVD than it does in Blu-Ray. Very disappointed. Hopefully, this will be addressed with a future release.

sorry to hear that pedram jan, weren't you aware of that before the purchase? Actually I was about to get the steelbook however the word about the crappy picture quality got out a month ago in various high-def sites and we all (fellow collectors)canceled! this was to be a big selling title and the screwed it up big time!

Unfortunately not pourya jan. It was a purchase i made without prior research. A bit foolish of me really, but one should expect a BD product to be of the highest standard. I may even return it on the grounds that it is inferior to the product description lol. Then again, aesthetically it is pleasing, so i may just keep it on my shelf haha.

I need to start consulting collectors sites before delving into LE purchases in the future!

the recent movies are mainly made for the high def viewing and are all adequate, while many of the classics are restored excellently even more are badly transfered! sometimes the quality varies country to country even! If you are considering anything i future pedram jan by all means do ask me and I do my best to find out but otherwise this is THE site for such tests! they are bible to A/V freaks!lol http://www.dvdbeaver.com/

btw, the UK upcoming LEON edition is also said to be a bad transfer, in case you consider that one!

btw, the UK upcoming LEON edition is also said to be a bad transfer, in case you consider that one!

:clap2:

are P jan :D .

the recent movies are mainly made for the high def viewing and are all adequate, while many of the classics are restored excellently even more are badly transfered! sometimes the quality varies country to country even! If you are considering anything i future pedram jan by all means do ask me and I do my best to find out but otherwise this is THE site for such tests! they are bible to A/V freaks!lol http://www.dvdbeaver.com/

Thanks pourya jan, ill be sure to consult that site prior to future purchases. I would expect perhaps sub-par conversion with smaller releases, but with blockbusters such as Gladiator, its really shocking.

Nice new pic btw :D

hehe, thanks! :D

yeah it shocked on two levels! First that it was region-locked since no other title in that series is so many canceled the US edition! Then came this verdict! strangely no official explanation from the company yet!

btw I have seen the lenticular Fringe slipcase! very very nice! I will be getting the US edition by the end of month! its regionfree! Will you be waiting for the UK set Pedram jan?

Leon keh was the best ! az jean reno lajam gerefte keh tazeh gia filmaye tokhmi bazi mikoneh . :punishing_wft:

Well i did intend on purchasing the UK edition pourya jan, but i see the US version is both superior aesthetically and is released a month earlier, so i'm in two minds!

Btw, i also ordered Pinnochio BD and also Elite Squad BD, i'm hoping they are good quality! Do you know whether Disney intend to release the Lion King, Aladdin titles on BD?

Well you guys are used to your red and blue ratings on the cover but I still have problem with them!Lol :haha: so I will go with the US edition since its the same price or even less! its out now btw!

When it comes to Disney you can always count on quality! Good thing you got Pinocchio because all current Disney DVDs and BDs are to go back in the vault for a good time! I havent heard about those titles yet but on schedule is Snow White and Dumbo! only 2-3 of the classics get re-released each year! I myself am waiting for Robin Hood, my personal fave! :D

the American Best Buy is currently giving out exclusive steelbook cases to all those pre-ordering snow white! those empty cases are sold for 25-50 dollars on ebay! hehe

sw1.th.jpg sw2.th.jpg

sw3.th.jpg

there is also this expensive set:

http://images.blu-ray.com/movies/covers/5267_back.jpg

lol, damn that Disney Vault! I have to say though it does work in preserving the titles.

That Snow White LE looks amazing, is that red box suede fabric?

Wow, that's a pretty steap price for only 1 film, regardless of it's beautiful design! Don't know if i could justify that, if i was a huge fan of the film then maybe. Can't say i am though hehe.

Here is a review I had planned to post in the blog but haven't, still might! hehe

I must have changed my mind numerous times during this one! I couldn't really decide whether its a bad, average or great movie I'm watching! In my opinion it started almost ridiculously, grew to be good and ended great! The concept was clever even though not really unique (with bits and pieces borrowed from various sci-fi stories and movies) but its strength lied in its critical approach and the engaging social-political parallels. However there were holes and seams here and there, both in the story and the effects. Not huge but still contrasting the greater parts of the movie! There was also an uneven character and relationship development, as if it hadn't decided whether to offer such depth or not! Even though that South African Steve Carell (lol) did a good job his unintended or intended comic-relief was the most annoying element in the movie and deprived the first half from the sense of realism it tried to convey. All things considered this was a very good movie and a great cinematic experience!

D9.jpg

Thank you for review P jan . :)