Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TODAY I WATCHED ...

I loved that part, hehe

It seems like an idea in Hollywood gets ripped off before its even thought of! This is another "Mall Cop (Paul Blart)", but with the real Anna Faris instead of a look-alike! The movie is however very poor, even for being a comedy and Seth Rogen is anything but funny in this one. Perhaps its the absence of his usual sidekicks that affects the performance!

observe_and_report.jpg

A typical indie movie in which Zooey Deschanel plays her usual offbeatly cute self and Paul Dano repeats his "There Will Be Blood" character", though less psychotic!

gigantic-01.jpg

The Ugly Truth...it had some really good dirty one liners and comebacks, but i was disappointed at the miscast leads, Hiegl needs to find another niche as she was just annoying, and Gerard Butler GROSSLY miscast as an attractive manwhore, seeing as hes just become too old, too flabby and soooooooooo not attractive!

An uneven attempt to translate the popular collection of loosely connected short stories into a single movie. Stylistically clean, emotionally clinical and music to die for! Especially if you're a fan of the 80's "New Wave" music, like I am. I'm also a fan of the gorgeous starlet Amber Heard who flaunts her almost flawless beauty and nudity in "The Informers"! Still there is something missing, the ingredient that made the character chemistries work in the book version!

The_Informers.jpg

Pourya jan, after seeing it i felt exactly the same way. It's strnge how a film so misogynistic and violent, manages to also be quite beautiful. Prior to the release i was expecting it would be influenced by Nietzsches "The Antichrist", this was however something completely different to his misanthropic ontology.

I'm not usually squeamish in the slightest, but some scenes had me a little uncomfortable lol. One in particular lol! Nevertheless, this film managed to get under my skin and left me mulling over it long after it had finished.

Absolutely, and to be honest I like that "strange" feeling! It has grown on me even more since yesterday! As you know I am not a fan of such scenes done just for the sake of the violence, but in here it did fit in! even though it was so unexpected considering the first half of the movie and felt like a punch in the face! I will definitely get it on blu, I am not sure if I will ever be watching it comfortably but I like to explore this more! Fascinating!

I plan on doing the same too. Hopefully there will be a nice LE :D

I've been waiting for Willem Dafoe to get the recognition he deserves with some more leading roles. He is a very underated performer in my opinion.

Yeah but he does seem to take all kinds of roles, great and crappy, so it does have something to do with that as well!lol :D watched his Anamorphic recently, very lame seven-wannabe!

So far HMV has an exclusive cover which isn't great but still better than the standard UK editions! I doubt this will get blu treatment everywhere! The question is: is the UK edition cut in some way? because usually they cut extreme scenes, don't they? I mean even braveheart is censored!lol

Well we have a very rigid censorship panel here in the UK. It is also extremely inconsistent. They will cut out soft scenes and leave in the most offensive lol. So who knows, it has been known that scenes have been cut and then released years later on new editions. It's almost like its a commercial decision hehe.

I was hoping for a nice embossed tin edition hehe. Ironically, it may even release in time for Christmas lol

I doubt it will get such treatment anywhere, unfortunately! Maybe Germans so something nice with it.

097363521846.jpg

A great tale of romantic realism, beautifully capturing 50's suburbia with elegance. Although slightly melodramatic in places, the engaging leads make it a worthy watch.

Om man this was sooooooooooo bad! A high-budget B movie! Even though its Raimi's home genre and signature style even his spider-man was scarier!

drag_me_to_hell.jpg

raimi already lost that wonderful producing movie which he created in 80 and 90 !

Om man this was sooooooooooo bad! A high-budget B movie! Even though its Raimi's home genre and signature style even his spider-man was scarier!

drag_me_to_hell.jpg

lol, i'm so glad you posted that pourya jan. i was seriously considering picking it up in BD! I've seen nothing but glowing reviews for it so was expecting something special. I shall sid on caution now and give it a rental first :D

lol It was the same reviews and praising that got me watching it Pedram jan! I was familiar with Raimi's take on the genre but this is just ridiculous! At times you wonder if its a movie from the "Scary Movie" series you are watching! Lets just say expect a comedy and watch it, don't expect horror!

lol, the horror genre needs a good shake up in my opinion and was hoping Raimi would be the one to do it. To be honest i find the true horror element more apparent in drama/thriller films these days than the actual overly cliched horror flicks. For instance, i find Lost more scary than any of these man-eating zombie films lol. Mystery scares me more than blood and gore i guess.

Edited by Omega

lol, the horror genre needs a good shake up in my opinion and was hoping Raimi would be the one to do it. To be honest i find the true horror element more apparent in drama/thriller films these days than the actual overly cliched horror flicks. For instance, i find Lost more scary than any of these man-eating zombie films lol. Mystery scares me more than blood and gore i guess.

I recommend you to watch Meat Grinder 2009 , Epitaph 2007 . Asian horror movie .

I like the horror in Antichrist! To me that defines it really, realistic almost totally unexpected and unbearable!

Cant wait to watch Antichrist, but I'm going to wait till its out on DVD I'm too much of a wuss to see it on the big screen :p

I watched Bad Education again last night, and out of respect for Almodovar completed my collection of his movies by buying 8 of his films on DVD in one go!!! :clap2:

have you seen my extremely limited signature collection? :brows:

Pedro Almodovar Collection, 11 DVDs Limited Edition (391/500), R2 SWEDEN

pedro1.jpg

pedro2.jpg

pedro3.jpg

pedrodig.jpg

you reminded me, gotta catch his latest now showing here in cinemas!

Pedro Almodovar Collection

Mobarakeh P jan ... :clap2:

I think you will like them :brows:

have you seen my extremely limited signature collection? :brows:

Pedro Almodovar Collection, 11 DVDs Limited Edition (391/500), R2 SWEDEN

pedro1.jpg

pedro2.jpg

pedro3.jpg

pedrodig.jpg

you reminded me, gotta catch his latest now showing here in cinemas!

OMG I'm so jealous, I want one too, mines are a serious of collections and individual DVDS cuz I wanted aaaaaaaaaaaaall of his movies :)