Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TODAY I WATCHED ...

I have to say although i like Jake and think he is a good choice

he is not !

Exactly pourya jan. But, with a title like "Prince of PERSIA", the relation has already been made and certain people are going to make accusations regarding it's historic/cultural accuracy. Therefore, i thought with some Iranian cast representation it would at least help bring some semblance of origin.

he is not !

chera? I think Jake is a capable actor...

he is not !

yeah why dont you like Jake? Are you jealous cuz hes so much better looking than you and your actually a persian :p

he is not !

He is .. who said not mon ami :) ?

This movie never win an Oscar but ...

I am following this project since when HW wanted to produce it with Val Kilmer (HW archive magazine) and then i voted for him (the real game was in 89 and movie project 1994 (Amiga magazine archive) !)

As Mechner said before (ABC interview 2007-dec), Jake wasn't the first actor which he was thinking .

Mr Jake Gyllenhaal is a good actor with a 8.00 / 10.00 points in all his career but he is too much khoshgel for this role . (As said A. O. Scott in his casting review of this movie in las jan 2009, N.Y Times.)

But the other ppl were agreed with Ryan Reynolds or Josh Hartnett .they aproves almost for being the first actor but HW chose Jake for the other reasons like just winning money .

he is not !

yeah why dont you like Jake? Are you jealous cuz hes so much better looking than you and your actually a persian :p

avalan keh i am an iranian man not persian !! dovoman in keh javab behet nemidam choun miri geryeh mikoni,dava misheh un vaght :D .

Exactly pourya jan. But, with a title like "Prince of PERSIA", the relation has already been made and certain people are going to make accusations regarding it's historic/cultural accuracy. Therefore, i thought with some Iranian cast representation it would at least help bring some semblance of origin.

Yes it is Persia! But in which era? How many "Persian" details do you find in 1001 Nights? That work is written in Persian however about people with Arabic culture living in Baghdad! If you have played the game, specially the first game Sands of Time which this movie is based on you know what to expect! And you know that if it was to be a cast based on the nationality then Farah would be Indian! Not Iranian! Since she is an Indian princess in the game! The majority of the SoT characters are sand creatures and then you have the evil vizier which is played by good old Ben Kingsley who has replaced Anthony Quinn in multi-national role play! No one complained when he portrayed an Iranian last time so I'm sure no one can disagree him looking like an evil vizier first place!lol the only one whom people had problem with last time he played an Iranian was Molina and he might not even be Iranian in this movie!lol What I'm saying is that the ONLY thing except the title and the main character which has Persian references in the game is a hidden hall in a certain level! If one is to be critical then its better to be so reasonably!

Ben Kingsley was excellent in House of Sand and Fog. He is an accomplished actor. To be honest i didn't even know it based on the SoT game. Which i've never played. The most recent game (which i assumed it was based on) had many more iranian/persian references and would have been next to impossible to portray it any other way. The thing is pourya, i have no problem with Jake and/or any other non-iranian actors, but i think i the importance of the title is relevant to an extent.

I rather believe in "case critique" Pedram jan, meaning that although I put tings in context and perspective each case is bound to certain unique strings and strains! when there is an original source something is being based on then I try to see how well it manges to do that! The same thing I did for 300, the same I do for PoP SoT! If one is to criticizes the historic and cultural accuracy of these two then its the comic book respectively the game that one should direct the critique at! Not the adherent and faithful adaptation!

I rather believe in "case critique" Pedram jan, meaning that although I put tings in context and perspective each case is bound to certain unique strings and strains! when there is an original source something is being based on then I try to see how well it manges to do that! The same thing I did for 300, the same I do for PoP SoT! If one is to criticizes the historic and cultural accuracy of these two then its the comic book respectively the game that one should direct the critique at! Not the adherent and faithful adaptation!

I completely agree, each case is unique and should be judged on what it intends to be rather than what people percieve it to be. My argument is though that many people will not adopt a similar approach and instead be hasty in criticising its lack of historic adherence. Just look at the reception "300" got.

P jan hala film keh dar biad, will be like when we watched 300 or alexander !!! yadeteh in iroonia cheghadar beheshun bar khord :D !?

P jan hala film keh dar biad, will be like when we watched 300 or alexander !!! yadeteh in iroonia cheghadar beheshun bar khord :D !?

hanooz nayoomade shoroo shode!

I completely agree, each case is unique and should be judged on what it intends to be rather than what people percieve it to be. My argument is though that many people will not adopt a similar approach and instead be hasty in criticising its lack of historic adherence. Just look at the reception "300" got.

Indeed there will be such people with such approach! However, the question is whether a project or production is to consider such -in my opion- ignorant critique valid and adjust itself to it and dance to their drums, or that it does what it is supposed to do by the book of its particular trade! I personally would do the latter, with hope that it will in some way affect that kind of irrational mentality instead of letting it affecting me and my work!

How was it pourya jan? Im a big fan of both the main actors but for some strange reason am not attracted to the film!

We watched 'The Proposal' last night and i really enjoyed it, and not cuz Ryan Reynolds takes his top off or just his presence, the movie is well made and filled with great characters although some were a little extra! Overall a great date night movie :)

I really liked the story and the characters. However there were problems with the narration! It started off solidly, caught attention and put things in motion. But along the way it lost momentum by being all over the place instead of focusing on the backbone. Diluting the story. This is a movie that wants more than it can handle to deliver! Otherwise two characters whom I could relate to, especially Robert's columnist, thats why I watched it.

We watched 'The Proposal' last night and i really enjoyed it, and not cuz Ryan Reynolds takes his top off or just his presence, the movie is well made and filled with great characters although some were a little extra! Overall a great date night movie :)

Is this the same movie that Sandra Bullock bares all her assetts for the camera? I'm quite partial to the odd rom-com so i need to check this out!

Is this the same movie that Sandra Bullock bares all her assetts for the camera? I'm quite partial to the odd rom-com so i need to check this out!

YES! and she has a banging body! i was totally suprised she had such a top totty under there :) definatly worth checking out

Haha, i fully intend on checking it/her out! Sandra seems to have improved with age, like a fine wine.

yeah the jurys still our on her face for me, but the rest of her is damn fine :)

If there is one decade I get easily nostalgic about it's the 80's! As much as I love the idea of this taking place in my golden decade there is not much references in it to the trends and popular culture than the great music played! Actually, not being initially aware, it took me a while before I realized that this is the 80's I'm watching! I am also getting tired to see Stewart in similar role interpretations! But the story is a decent one.

adventureland-poster2.jpg

Glad to see that Carrey has reconsidered his retirement from the comedy genre and finally realized that its there where his forte is! Strange that the Iranians didnt get their panties in a bunch for the Persian Wife Finder being Arabic! :))

yesman2008poster.jpg

Glad to see that Carrey has reconsidered his retirement from the comedy genre and finally realized that its there where his forte is! Strange that the Iranians didnt get their panties in a bunch for the Persian Wife Finder being Arabic! :))

yesman2008poster.jpg

I saw that movie :D i liked it!

I watched "Harry potter and the half blood prince" tonight. as a fan of the books i never liked the movies. specially after richard harris died as he was the perfect albus dombeldore.

But this one was actually very good! i liked it !!

harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_ver3_xlg.jpg

Funny one about male bonding. Also since I'm a guy with more female than male friends myself, I kinda relate to Paul Rudd's character and the problem it can cause with girlfriends! hehe

I_love_you%2C_Man.jpg

I_love_you,_Man.jpg

cheghadar ahmagh hastand keh esm-e his dog was anvar sadat !!! american stupidity tamum nemisheh !!!