Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TODAY I WATCHED ...

100 movies in 40 days! :punk:

im so jealous! although i am roughly watching about 4 movies a week!

its because of a summer resolutions! i have collected all these movies to one day sit and watch! recently I realized its not possible and by the rate I was watching some would have remained unwatched! so I did a marathon and caught up with the current releases! :brows:

man what piece of cap it was!

terminator-salvation-20093_40861492.jpg

Instead of showing us all the fun it spends too much time talking about all the fun ...that we never get to see! A rather average comedy with no climax.

20090611-the-hangover.jpg

So far my best movie of 2009 is WATCHMEN! If you ever gonna watch it watch the director's cut! 3 hours but great! I am waiting to get the ultimate cut which will be the complete story, incorporate the Tail of the black freighter! coming in dec! worshippy.gif worshippy.gif worshippy.gif

btw, maybe we should take the movie talk to the movie forum! haha.gif

I've yet to see Watchmen pourya jan. I have to concede that i initially just ignored it as expected another action/superhero adaptation. Tonight is DVD/Movie night for me so i'll pick it up.

The 3 hour cut doesn't phase me, i'm very much an advocate of long movies. It usually allows for greater character development and history which in turn helps garner a greater appreciation of the larger theme. It seems alot of film makers and/or studios these days like to condense into a tighter duration for commercial purposes. A stark contrast to earlier decades where film makers seemed more inclined to experiment with 3-4 hour epics! A prime example bucking the trend was "Che", although politically i couldn't allign myself with it's portrayal, it was an alltogether epic film. Here in the UK it was released in 2 parts for commercial purposes, which was a terrible decision and interrupted the flow and atmosphere.

thanks for moving the discussion smoothly Pedram jan! :;):

I highly recommend Watchmen, but not the theatrical version since it missed important pieces of the puzzle! Like I said there will be an even longer cut available with a side story called "tale of the black freighter" (in the novel a guy reads a comic book which throughout the book features events that are parallel to the Watchmen characters trial and tribulations!) woven into the movie, like it was initially meant to be! However the 3 hours DC which is released now does the work fairly!

Pedram jan, I am yet to watch the second Che movie, but its not only the UK release that is in two parts! If I'm not mistaking this was produced in two separate movies! Or do you mean that part 1 was cut in two pieces in UK?

actually the thing i didnt like about it was the story! the whole story! too much darkness and violence and all

not my type of movie AT ALL

just close your eyes when it gets too violent! :haha:

I am not a fan of movies that are made to show nothing but violence, like the french movie Frontiers! but in watchmen's case its justified! this is not a story for children like superman! there is a context for it and it makes sense once one watches the entire movie and gets to know the characters and realise why the violence is there! like i said very complex duality! but yeah, if you want an action movie with vivid colours and no-blood action then Transformers is the way to go! :brows: I like both, as long as it makes sense in the context of the story!

Well didn't get round to watching Watchmen, but it is now on my radar. Saw Seven Pounds and really enjoyed it. I think i'm one of the few to yet be convinced about Will Smiths untouchable status, but this was a great performance.

Regarding Ahmaads point regarding violence in movies, i welcome it as long as its not mindless and without contribution to the story. I mean, im not a fan of much of Quentin Tarantinos mindless violence, thats purpose is none other than to stoke controversy and to shock. Or a "violence fetish" as i like to call it hehe. There are films with extreme violence that it is abundantly necessary in order to convey its message. Such as A History of Violence and American History X. Even historic films too, that portray battle scenes etc.

I think we should differentiate between dark and violent though, i'm a huge Lynch fan and his works are dark without being overly violent. Let's face it, even our beloved Lost is quite dark!

Let's face it, even our beloved Lost is quite dark!

thanks for saying that Pedram jan! :clap: I actually thought saying so but then I remembered that me and Ahmad often watched two different LOSTs! :haha: maybe he watched the lighter and we watch the darker! :p

I saw Seven Pounds recently, another great movie! Loved the twist, how it the first half got us puzzled and in the second amazed!

dont get me wrong guys im ok with violence!

the whole story, characters , events in short watchmen as WHOLE isnt my style :p

havnt yet watched seven pounds! wierd considering im a fan of will!

i watched pink panther 2 a while ago! well rubbish, and hmmm bedtime stories was good.

lol what "whole story" and "as whole" when you haven't watched the whole! :haha: :punishing_wft: :brows:

DUDE stop giring!

i just didnt like it :p the whole heroes trying to rape other heroes and there's no good in the world all that :p

...the whole heroes trying to rape other heroes and there's no good in the world all that :p

Damnnnn, i have to watch this film!!! :haha:

It sounds quite submersive and i have to say these dystopian themes are quite interesting hehe.

The question is DVD or Blu-Ray?... :weeell3ho:

lol de hamin migam nadidi dige ahmad! your interpretation is based on what you saw and what you saw was incomplete, there is good, just not just good! :brows: LOST anyone? :brows:

pedram jan watch the BD!!! :brows:

As much as I dislike Johnny Depp and Christian Bale I would like to see Public Enemies, any of you who've seen it?

I just watched watchmen director's cut on blu! man what an A/V quality! Pedram jan keep in mind that the DC is now only available in US, it will not be relesaed in UK til later this year! But the US blu is region free!

did u guys know these facts about Prince of persia:

# Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan turned down the title role, which later went to Jake Gyllenhaal.

# In February 2008, Iranian star Golshifteh Farahani was invited to do a screen test in London along with Gemma Arterton for the role of Tamina but she was arrested at the airport by the Iranian authorities and banned from leaving the country for six months because she had played in Ridley Scott's Body of Lies (2008).

i think both hritik and golshifteh would have been GREAT for the roles! WHY WHYYYYYY did hritik turn it down! and why didnt they wait for golshifteh

Edited by Ahmaad

As usual I cant diagree more with you Ahmad!lol I am one who doesn't like Golshifte, neither her looks nor acting! far overrated! And I personally like to rather see Jake than the bollywood actor in this upcoming blockbuster! Roshan can over-act him in the bollywood version instead! :haha:

# In February 2008, Iranian star Golshifteh Farahani was invited to do a screen test in London along with Gemma Arterton for the role of Tamina

later she said that wasn't true !!!

Pourya jan, i think i may wait for this version to drop at Christmas time, apparently a UK release has also been confirmed...

5198b.jpg

As usual I cant diagree more with you Ahmad!lol I am one who doesn't like Golshifte, neither her looks nor acting! far overrated! And I personally like to rather see Jake than the bollywood actor in this upcoming blockbuster! Roshan can over-act him in the bollywood version instead! :haha:

I agree Jakes gonna be fabulous, hes got both the looks and acting ability to pull it off, and Golshifteh IS overrated shes done one good movie and sucked in Body of Lies, as well as all her other movies! Gemma atterton on the other hand is HOT! :huglove:

I have to say although i like Jake and think he is a good choice, i am slightly dissapointed that there seems to be little in the way of genuine "persian" cast.

I have to say although i like Jake and think he is a good choice, i am slightly dissapointed that there seems to be little in the way of genuine "persian" cast.

I agree, we were having the same discussion this morning with the uncovering of the poster for the movie. Although the posters look damn sexy :brows:

Empire

Edited by lolita37

I agree Jakes gonna be fabulous, hes got both the looks and acting ability to pull it off, and Golshifteh IS overrated shes done one good movie and sucked in Body of Lies, as well as all her other movies! Gemma atterton on the other hand is HOT! :huglove:

and thats why I love you!lol :brows:

The thing with Prince of Persia is that its like a Disney rendering of a 1001 Night! And in my opinion should not be that much Persian! Its better if its not, because if it is and all sources are not historically and culturally correct and adherent there will be clashes and disturbance in the overall experience! This way one can just sit back and enjoy this action adventure as something just loosely connected to "Persia" and would not be annoyed by all the strange cultural stuff happening! Just like the Mummy and Pirates of the Caribbean movies, good popcorn flicks and nothing more! Even though some people are waiting to slaughter it as blasphemy as soon as its released!