Forum | Bia2.com

Iran or Persia?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What name suits our country the best?

• Yes, I fully support Iran as the official name of our country
    • Yes, I am totally with Persia as the official name of our country

Guest arian
did he like insulting everyone???

coz im actually really offended by his comments and this is the reason why i havent been here as much as i usually am.....

85945[/snapback]

Yes he did and awwwwwwwwwwww :friends :wub:

did he like insulting everyone???

coz im actually really offended by his comments and this is the reason why i havent been here as much as i usually am.....

85945[/snapback]

Yes he did and awwwwwwwwwwww :friends :wub:

86656[/snapback]

thnku arian joon.....it means alot.... :friends::wub::wub:

oh for god sake...if u dnt like it jus GO!!! :fie:  :fie:

85216[/snapback]

i know seriously :k

Ahle har koja que bashe ma hame Irooni hasteem! As a proud Muslim Iranian I salute my fellow Jewish, Christian, Zoroastrian, Baha'i, Arab-Iranian brothers. Long live Iran/Persia.  :friends:

85914[/snapback]

Very well said! :k

Only if you would please choose a username, should you wish to share more of your opinions for the future reference! :clap::clap::clap:

85922[/snapback]

Officially registered. Bringing my opinion from T.O, CAN.

86653[/snapback]

lool

Welcome Mr.D :dance:

86654[/snapback]

:bl

Ahle har koja que bashe ma hame Irooni hasteem! As a proud Muslim Iranian I salute my fellow Jewish, Christian, Zoroastrian, Baha'i, Arab-Iranian brothers. Long live Iran/Persia.  :friends:

85914[/snapback]

Very well said! :k

Only if you would please choose a username, should you wish to share more of your opinions for the future reference! :clap::clap::clap:

85922[/snapback]

Officially registered. Bringing my opinion from T.O, CAN.

86653[/snapback]

Proud of you! :clap:

So mama or papa?

However you sound like a papa!

There is an amazing article on history of PERSIA/IRAN written by a non-Persian writer on payvand.com. Should shed some light on the issue. Here is the preverb.

Iran: Axis of Culture, History, and Geopolitics - When I first viewed the breathtaking images of the detailed rock carvings at the tomb of Xerxes near the ancient Persian capital of Persepolis, along with the Zoroastrian fire temple, I wondered how many in the US had any idea about this part of the rich and complex narrative of a civilization that in ancient times reached a cultural level comparable to that of Greece, Rome or Egypt. -Newtopia 5/20/05

Let me know what you think.

As for my Bio, I'm a 26 yr. old male teaching grade 4 in Toronto, Canada. So if any body has a kid with homework troubles let me know.

There is an amazing article on history of PERSIA/IRAN written by a non-Persian writer on payvand.com. Should shed some light on the issue. Here is the preverb.

Iran: Axis of Culture, History, and Geopolitics - When I first viewed the breathtaking images of the detailed rock carvings at the tomb of Xerxes near the ancient Persian capital of Persepolis, along with the Zoroastrian fire temple, I wondered how many in the US had any idea about this part of the rich and complex narrative of a civilization that in ancient times reached a cultural level comparable to that of Greece, Rome or Egypt. -Newtopia 5/20/05

Let me know what you think.

As for my Bio, I'm a 26 yr. old male teaching grade 4 in Toronto, Canada. So if any body has a kid with homework troubles let me know.

87028[/snapback]

nice

Iran= land of aryans. Reza Khan named it bc he respected hitler so much. Iranians and some peep say that its were the race began. But most say in the northern part of india.

Persia= sounds the best. turns girls on. Plus it lets the world know weve been around for 5000 yrs.

I pick persia

It is of course necessary that one underlines that the perception of what today is internationally known as the ARIAN race is a totally distorted image of history! Which was formed and forged more than a century ago when Europe was in search for a historic ”identity” and ”origin”! the legend of the light skinned ARIANS became the ground for the hodgepodge that later served different extreme political agendas in Europe! Of course was our definition of an ARIAN miles away from Hitler’s ideal! The tall, white, blond and blue-eyed ”ubermench” that has lately been distinguished from all other ARIAN claims with its WHITE prefix (The WHITE ARIAN front and supremacy) basically has "us" as its antithesis! And the Nazi Germany’s "liason" relations with us, allegedly because of our common origin, was merely due to a strategic and political pragmatism!

all political asspects aside Persian sounds like a pishi~~ PURRRSIAN! LOL

87312[/snapback]

loooool! i agree wit u on that one!!

and oh my god....i havent been here for awhile and i must say.....ghiyamat shodeh inja!! lol joking.....I LOVE THE NEW SMILIES!!! :)) :afrique7bo: :angry: :bash::blow: :clap2: :clap: :flowers3jq: :th :lol:

Guest arian
have u seen our islamist one?lol

:ala:

88627[/snapback]

It's Zarqawi! and one of our members ( i wont say his name though) :DD

OMG! no i didnt!! :ala: :ala: :ala:

this reminds me of a certain member too!!!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :thumbdown:

Lets elaborate please!

haha! With the revival of this thread I foresee new warnings and bans to be on the way! not to forget new IRI-friendly members who suddenly pop up!

Guest toofi

elaborate on what exactly?

I think this thread is a mess... so it would be best to start a fresh thread...

hello,

i dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but, I think we should make the province of FARS to be known in english as PERSIA.

what do you people think???

Well, I personally prefer the word Persia over Farsi, however for our ppl to call the province "Persia" might sound a bit awkward!

iranian 4 eva....

yes....BUT....read back on ppl's posts.....the whole reason it was changed was to promote a more multi-ethnic country......Persian does not include arabs, kurds etc....

iranian 4 eva....

yes....BUT....read back on ppl's posts.....the whole reason it was changed was to promote a more multi-ethnic country......Persian does not include arabs, kurds etc....

umm, hello, no, I said the province of "FARS" (<-------- which means persia) should be called in WESTERN language as PERSIA not FARS. didnt say IRAN should be called persia.

besides that name iran was used since along long time ago, we never used persia to name our country. it had nothing to do with promoting multi-ethnicity in our country but to western eyes we did just that.

ive had this arument before and frankly.....i dnt think its gona happen.....so peace.... :air_kiss_wft: