Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
melody

Whats your religion

Hello To All::

How are you guys doing???

I was wondering if you guys dont mind telling us bout ur religion...I'll be the first!

I am a baha'i...I was born in Iran, and it was hard....cuz there were so many people that didnt except us for our religion...lik we would come home from feast at night...and we'll see words written on the wall and cuss words about bahai's....and you know...that was the moment a thousand times that i didnt wanna be a bahai' anymore....I would get really tired of all the comments.....

but now im very proud to be a bahai'....some things you should know

1. we believe that there is only one god

2.we believe in world peace and that is the mission of bahai's...

3.we believe there should be only one religion in the world, one language and no war or fight....and we believe that the world should be united together....

4.we believe in all religions and profits...and we accept them for who they are...and what they believe...

5. we are allowed to celebrate some other religions holidays....like christmas....but we have to keep it very simple...and we usually use this day of celebration to learn more about the other religion....

6.we believe that the world is one tree and every branch is a continent and every leaf is a human being...

if you have any questions...u can pm me....

http://www.bahai.org

have a good day! :rolleyes:

I'm a believer of God!

the only God, and God alone!

No prophet, no mediator!

no particular religion practised!

just PURE LOVE! :wub:

I'm a believer of God!

No prophet, no mediator!

59534[/snapback]

same here. Never been to a mosque to pray, only a few times for funerals & iranian skewl parties.

I was wondering if you guys dont mind telling us bout ur religion...I'll be the first!

I am a baha'i...I was born in Iran, and it was hard....cuz there were so many people that didnt except us for our religion...lik we would come home from feast at night...and we'll see words written on the wall and cuss words about bahai's....and you know...that was the moment a thousand times that i didnt wanna be a bahai' anymore....I would get really tired of all the comments.....

3.we believe there should be only one religion in the world, one language and no  war or fight....and we believe that the world should be united together....

4.we believe in all religions and profits...and we accept them for who they are...and what they believe...

5. we are allowed to celebrate some other religions holidays....like christmas....but we have to keep it very simple...and we usually use this day of celebration to learn more about the other religion....

6.we believe that the world is one tree and every branch is a continent and every leaf is a human being...

59533[/snapback]

Bahai's r rich... Good to here, lots of bahains r proud.

Guest Hamidovski

Reply to miss Bahai.....................

im glad you are happy as you are but personally:

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusions are deep. (Saul Bellow)

For I personally believe that the illusions he talks of are"" Religions"

Bahai's r rich... Good to here, lots of bahains r proud.

59632[/snapback]

that's funny...cuz that's what everybody says....and its strange....we really arent..i mean we work and drink and eat like normal people...we work as much as neede to support the family and pay the bills :no: (i hate bills)......and that's what people say.....ok look at me ....like i work for free!!! does that really makes me rich???

but thanx for the comments guys!!!

i defenetly agree with pourya....ur exactly correct and right!

Guest arian

3.we believe there should be only one religion in the world, one language and no   war or fight....and we believe that the world should be united together....

59533[/snapback]

Wow, Melody, great that you're here! :k

I have loats to ask you, and i will but now, i have to go and study for my french test tomorrow :f , wish me luck!

I'm a believer of God!

No prophet, no mediator!

59534[/snapback]

me2 :wub: :k :friends:

My religion is: "Mamacitas"

I'm a believer of God!

No prophet, no mediator!

59534[/snapback]

I concur.

I don't have a religion, just believe in God

I was actually talkin to this bahai guy last week, he was telling me some interesting stories on how in Iran he would always lie about his religion when asked in public, etc. So sad =(

i know it is really sad how they had to or have to do that :c :wub:

Guest BehnoushY

If I say "just Islam" I mean that I believe in God and in Mohammad being the last prophet...and I believe in things Islam wants ppl to follow (can't think of examples right now!) Yet I don't believe or don't consider the "Emam" part of it...That's what I'd mean if I say "Just Islam" though maybe ghorme_sabzi meant something else!

What Behnoush jaan said .. and then some :

I believe in the Oneness of Allah, His Book (Qur'an), His angels, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) being the Last Prophet, I believe in all other Prophets sent down before him. I also believe in the holy month of Ramadan and the importance of Fasting. I believe in the five daily prayers (of which, sadly, I manage three). I believe in Hadith (ie the sayings of the Prophet) and the Sunnah (the Prophets way of life). I also believe in the Hajj as a pillar of Islam, as well as Zakat (the giving of alms to the needy).

I also believe in lots of other aspects of Islam (the ones I can't think of right now).

I do not believe in the Islam the mullahs are trying to portray. I do not believe Khomeini was a holy man, nor do I believe he knew anything about Islam. The fact that he called himself 'Ruhollah' was completely retarded.

When it comes to the issue of sects within Islam, I just don't go there. It is not my right to judge who's right and who's wrong. I just mind my own damn business.

*takes a deep breath* There you go :)

Addendum :

The not-shia part : Well, I meant that as 'not-shia' ie not the Shia idealogy the mullahs are trying to portray. I do not believe in it, nor do I follow it.

Well Ghormeh, Shias and Sunnis do not disputes those Articles of faith or "Aqeedeh", Nor do they dispute the Shahada (Decleration that there is no God but Allah and Mohammad is his Messenger)

Ill try to explain it to my knowledge to clear some things up for you just in case you didnt know, Sunnis and Shias both believe in what you mentioned, The main thing wich is disputed is the successorship (Politically) after Prophet Mohammad, The Shias believe Imam Ali should of been the rightful Successor, The sunnis think its Abu Bakr. Both of these Ideologies base this (mainly) on scriptures in the Hadiths.

Now wether you dispute if a current day Imam is good/Bad or a Regime is good or bad is your choice. everyone his own prefrence. But to dismiss Shiaism because of it seems kinda harsh.. Nobody here is certainly saying Iran is the perfect role model Islamic state, Anyway to clear up your "Ruhollah" comment (Keep in mind it means "Inspired By God") read the following verse, Maybe you know it but check it out anyway, maybe it could explain it in more detail as to whats the motive;

021.073 "And We made them Imams (Leaders), guiding (men) by Our Command, and We sent them inspiration to do good deeds, to establish regular prayers, and to practise regular charity; and they constantly served Us (and Us only). "

I could be wrong so correct me if i am, Was just trying to clear up some things in case you guys didnt know yet...respectfully and Thanks for your input btw.

Yes, I totally do agree with what you have said. I didn't mean to give anyone the impression that I am *against* Shia sect, because that would just be ignorant of me. I am not against any Islamic schools of thought.

However, I meant that I am against the teachings Iranian mullahs are trying to impose on the general population.

For example, on my last trip to Iran, my aunt told me about a common practise: temporary marriages. I was shocked at the idea because I'm quite sure Islam didn't say anything about temporary marriages.

And another example: During the same trip, I heard that the Sunni minority were derided in Tehran. It was as if they had no place in the northern parts of Iran, so they were pushed downwards to BandarAbbas and Lar.

Finally, what bothers me the most is the practice of Ashura. Never in my life have I seen any muslim (other than Shias) become so involved in Ashura. I was always encouraged to pray more and reduce the amount of music I listen to during Ashura, but some people (particularly in Iran) flog themselves with whips tipped with hooks and hit their chests and wail etc. Prophet Mohammad's Hadith mentions that sorrow should always be expressed by the eyes, and not by the mouth.

I'm certain that the aforementioned is not a part of Shia teachings, but they are part of the Shiaism wrt Iranian mullahs.

However, if I did go wrong somewhere, please let me know.

Allah knows best.

With mutual respect and admiration,

Sarah.

Islam  :icecream:

71490[/snapback]

Boycott Israel?

Aww, don't be saying that girl :(. Some Iranians are Jews too.