Democratically elected, lol, what a joke. The Shah was running Iran perfectly, as he often said himself, "I forgive those who try to hurt me, but I don't forgive those who try and hurt my country", and I agree to him to the fullest. He did whatever he could to be able make Iran as good as possible and yet you go on here talking against him. Tell me, who did more for Iran? Huh? Today's government or the Shah's government? Why was Iran at that time much better than most countries? Why did Iran at that time have a very strong military? Why was Iran recognized all over the world at that time? Why was it's currency exchangeable at other countries, today, it isn't.
About the cancer 'theory':
Mr. Siavash Bashiri, a great man, may he rest in peace, started a research for around 20 years ago, together with a small group of people. Their goal was to find a answer to the important question if our Shah was killed or not.
Dr. George Flandern wrote in a letter to his professor, Dr. Jean Bernard:
â€œI must do something for this man, (the late Shah) who is under attack from everywhere. My moral distinction allows me not to tramp on my oath about professional secrecy, but if I do that, it means to verify the lies and the rumours.â€
After some searching I found a nice site you can read.
First of all, when wanting to respond me, please use quotes so it will all be easier.
1] Indeed he was a great leader. We have to thank him, and his father for making our country great.
2] Mossadegh was worse than everyone else. He brought the "Hajib rule" back into the country, forcing women and girls to wear "Hajib" 8 February 1953. He destroyed and removed (or whatever, not sure about the English word) the "Majles" after they started disagreeing with him. He didn't want the good of the people.
3) Mossadeqh was directly chosen by the Shah. He was a dictator.
4) Dr Mozaaffar Baghaei was a man who worked hand by hand with Mossadeqh, he was the one that started the "group" and everything with him. The 25th November, 1949, he criticized Mossadeqh openly in the parliament and turned his back to him.
5) Mossadeqh wanted to close the parliament.
6) The economy of the country totally messed up because he decided to be an ego and print new currencies with his face on it.
7) The 13th august, 1953, the Shah started noticing such a dictator he had become, and that he was "getting to the terrorist groups side". He started seeing all the bad things he did and etc. The Shah, decided to get rid of Mossadeq, democratically, "using" the Iranian constitution 46th paragraph. However Mossadeqh didn't want to "get off the power" and did whatever he could to say in power. Mossadeqh even jailed the "officer" who came to arrest Mossadeqh after getting direct orders from the Shah, democratic you say? You can even see the document by BBC (The last Shah) that proves that the Ajax operation failed completely, even if you keep believing "No it happend", it failed, it never worked, it weren't successful. If you want to talk about Mossadeq, make a new thread. I got so much to say.
8) Operation Ajax was a lie by USA and other countries to get people to hate the Shah.
9) I should of said it better, they didn't directly give him cancer, however while in a "attempt" to do a surgery, they cut something which created cancer, or something similar. I gave you a link above, go read it.
10) No one is perfect, so don't even start talking about all the bad stuff Shah did.
11) Err, what I said just basically explains everything. The people was feed, they had a good life, but decided to go against The Great Shah.
12) Iran did loan the UK and Sweden money. I am not sure about the amount at this very moment, however, the money for UK was because of something with their water to do, I am not sure about Sweden, however, since you want proof. Go find archives of newspapers and you will find, or do some google searching. I will see if I can find anything online for you. The Shah made the oil price higher to be able to make Iran stronger, and it's people feeling better and having a better life.
13) No, you can't even type properly, let alone running a country. You don't know how hard it is, I am sure you can't even run a group of people, doing a project or whatever. You don't know how hard it is. Also, Shah didn't want a blood bath, get your facts right, he left Iran because of people like you, he didn't want you to die, or get hurt. He could easily put the army against you people, or the SAVAK, or whatever, but no, he didn't, he liked every one of us. The Shah turned his back to the west and east, they tried to blackmail him and everything, but he stood up against them. Iran was stable at the Shah's time. It was one of the best countries, the strongest countries on the planet. Again, get your facts right and stop listening to the propaganda by the Islamic government in Iran. Where is your proof at 40% of the Irans population were below the povery line? Do you know how much the currency of Iran is worth today? not much, too little. Iran's currency was great at Shah's time, it was worth a lot and a lot of countries had it in their banks, exchanges whatever, do you see them here now? Nope.
14) I read something somewhere that a lot of people today, over 50%, a lot more, poverty. The GOVERNMENT itself said it. And that the same amount or so takes drugs etc. I will see if I can find it for you as well.
You should think a little.
Err dude if you are not able to rule a country than you are stupid to put yourself in that position of power!
He could rule the country, he did his best. Who would take the position, you? Haha. What a joke, he was a great man. He couldn't help him some countries started hating Iran and the way he ruled it. He can't help it how he tried to make Iran perfect, but some leaders didn't like it. Get your facts right again mate.
If you can't hold the discussion in a civilized manner let me know, cuz I can help you!
Most Iranian forums will not allow politics discussion, here you're allowed to freely talk politics, however should anyone take this priviledge for granted, and resort to profanity or insulting others, I can assure you that it won't be tolerated!
You got your first warning!
I am sorry however, doesn't it count whenever I get told to like "read up history" or whatever? It's fine though.