Shahryar's "Mirage" is definitely one of the strongest albums of 2008 along with Nami's "Forever", with Pourya's "Tasvir" following behind them. Afshin's new album is much more mellow than "Maach", as "Maach" was much more mellow than the one before it. What I mean by mellow is that there are more ballads and RnB than dance and party music. I think one of the best songs on the album is his duet with Nikos Vertis ("Zendegi Bi To"). Other than that, here is how I see all the other songs:
1. Delam Barat Halake - sounds like the follow-up to "Sheytoonak" or "Khosghel", both which had much more substance than this song
2. Dokhtare Aroosaki - sounds like the follow-up to "Maach" with little improvement
3. Khanom Khoshgele - "Dige Doostam Nadaari" v2 but I do like the little rapping aspect that Tohi added
4. Daram Miram - a pretty well structured RnB song that has potential
5. Ajab Shabie Emshab - a good Afshin-type song even though it was ripped from either an Arab or old Persian song because I've heard that melody somewhere else
6. Bavar Nakon - a weak rendition of "Az Inja Boro" which was a pretty good song
7. Gir Midadi - an unexpected trio that delivers a pretty decent hip hop song, but its not something that you could like listening to it once, it needs to be grown in lol
8. Fasle Akhar - a pretty good RnB type song with substance that Afshin seems to lack throughout most of the album
9. Ounshab - "Tak Derakht" v2... seriously, this is fourth song which was adopted heavily in composition from his previous work...
10. Gonjishke - another good RnB song which has a cool trance like element that should've been brought out more in the song
11. Song for X - a typical Afshin style ballad which turns out pretty weak compared to his older work
12. Last Kiss - a chillout-type song... which is totally surprising, but it offers a nice changeup since its a pretty relaxing song lol
thats it, now i want to know if people agree!