Photo

Faramarz Aslani feat. Babak Amini - "Sedayam Kon" (video)

review the video

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

So what are your thoughts about the Aslani and Amini collaboration? 

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#2 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

:star1:  :star1: :star2:  :star3:  :star3:

As much as I love Aslani's music and voice and appreciate Amini's guitar this is just plain boring! They have reused every single old trick in this genre, both in terms of music and video and this collaboration does not breath anything fresh. It sounds like a song that has been around for decades! 

#3 PersianChord

PersianChord

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Overall I liked it . Yeah, nothing ground breaking , but I don't think the idea was to come up with a completely brand new idea.That's the typical sound of Babak Amini's arrangements. Sometimes a smaller acoustic arrangement is all you need. Faramarz and Babak's collaboration could never go wrong.  

There were few editorial issues here and there......Please stop using that "Jirjirak" sound at the beginning of clips once and for all.

And then what do you guys think of the 2:43 -2:44 shot?

#4 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

The first Amini album I bought was Barane Khakestrai, back in 1998, that sounded much more experimental than this! 

Do you mean the shot of the reflection on the guitar? 

#5 PersianChord

PersianChord

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

The first Amini album I bought was Barane Khakestrai, back in 1998, that sounded much more experimental than this! 

Do you mean the shot of the reflection on the guitar? 

I got to know Babak when Googoosh released her first album after 30 years. I think He was the one who did a few songs for her.. and then a few singles here and there. Same type of arrangement. What kind of album did he release in 1998? Solo instrumental or vocal?

The video editor had already established that this is a small acoustic band and they are playing "live" and they did a good job in supporting that idea. That 02:43 shot screws up and kills that momentum for a second or so, and then it's all ok again for the rest of the song.

The guy who's playing the Brass lick (Trombone) has his instrument down but there's a nice and loud brass part going on in the music. Not that anybody would care or notice that, but I'm devastated! lol     

Seriously, it's a poor editorial decision. Well, too late, it's there to stay. :D

Edited by PersianChord, 20 August 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#6 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Yes, that was an instrumental album. I didn't really like it, but I found the experimental touch on it fresh back then. I have nothing against this this style of music, but I just hoped for something a bit more outstanding than a song that finds its way to the background music playlists of Iranian restaurants. 

#7 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

:star1: :star1: :star1: :star3: :star3:

Hmmm just listened to it, thanks for sharing bro. It's a somewhat well done production musically speaking, a very typical Post-Revolution music style of Faramarz Aslani, particularly of the past 15 years, I love Aslani's voice and music (Mainly his old music) and I also believe Babak Amini is a fantastic guitar player, though the song itself IMHO lacks catchiness and sounds as if it misses a hook.

Once again you gotta love Amini's solo guitar lines, damesh garm!

keano405.png

#8 marde_tanhaye_shab

marde_tanhaye_shab

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

UFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! IS BEST!!! :welldone: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: review the video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users