• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

Kicks ass 2

:star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star3:  :star3:

Although I watched this movie last week, but for me it again suffered from the very syndrome as "The world's end" however this one was much more entertaining and fast-paced as well, I personally liked number one much better than this, but apparently my friends whom I watched this movie with, kind of enjoyed it. BTW we see Christopher Mintz Plasse at least once a month at Jerry's Deli and chat for quite long time, very humble and down to earth personality, he has his own music band and plays at private gigs as well hehe and travels to different cities to perform with his, he really loves being a musician which I found really interesting. 

keano405.png

#22 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Blue Jasmine 

I am not a big fan of Woody's dramas, as they tend to get both diluted and stray in terms of both story telling and character portrayals, this one was no exception.

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#23 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Byzantium 

This British contribution to the whole teen vampire genre enjoys a rather solid story but suffers from a typically European slow pacing. Its interesting to know why Saoirse Ronan got both the leading role in this and The Host!

#24 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

The Purge 

:star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star2:  :star3:

Another movie with a clever set up which could have done much more with its potential. In the end its like "The Strangers" part 2!

This is the End

A funny and fresh premise which gets wasted by a mild execution and bland story.

#25 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

Insidious: Chapter 2

:star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star2:  :star3:

Part two was much, much better and scarier than the first one which at times bordered on comedy.

#26 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Before Midnight

:star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star3:

What I have always loved about Linklater's intellectual romantic saga is that it is the only series of movies that showcase a relationship in real time! And that they manage to do realistically, which this third chapter is the best proof of. They simply reflect real life relationships, the passion of the beginning and the progression of the middle and the regression of the end! The best part is that it can go on as long as the director and the actors want! Its simply brilliant.

Only God Forgives

This movie is where the styles and themes of all Nicolas Winding Refn's previous movies meet, but despite all the references to previous hits this is his most pretentious and boring opus so far! Mostly because of its artsy snail pacing and unbalanced mix of silent and spoken scenes.

#27 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Captain Phillips

An intense and exciting movie, based on true story. I think Tom Hanks managed to pull off yet another great acting conveying the horrific experience of the captain during the ransom hours. His acting at the end in particular was spectacular. I liked it very much

keano405.png

#28 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Gravity

:star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star2:

Loved it, the videography and scenery of the movie was just breathtaking, not to mention its moments of thrill and dreadful experience of wandering around in the space. Sandra Bullock did a marvelous job and pretty much single-handedly played almost the entire movie. One of my favorite movies of the year so far!

keano405.png

#29 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Looking forward to watch Gravity next week!

Rush

At times Howard's dramatization looks and sounds far too stylized to maintain an air or realism, but its technically a well-made movie and the vintage looking racing footages are a feast for the eyes, even for someone like me who has no interest whatsoever in cars!

The Internship

:star2:  :star3:  :star3:  :star3:  :star3:

This movie gives Google Ad a whole new meaning! It was really embarrassing to see Vince and Owen selling out so cheaply in this longest running ad for a company!

Monsters University 

Some animated features do not appeal to me aesthetically, this and its predecessor are two of them. But what they do not have for me visually they deliver in terms of story and characters.

#30 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

R.I.P.D.

I was never a fan of Men in Black and this has basically a very similar concept, even the special effects look dated as if they were done back in the 90's! The only thing that made this movie enjoyable was Jeff Bridges hilarious character and the fact that he had turned his recent cowboy act to something really funny. It was refreshing to see him doing a comedy for once.

#31 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Bad Grandpa

Overall not too bad, but to me nothing on par with movies like Borat or even Bruno, all together an ok work by Johnny Knoxville I guess

keano405.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users