pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

The Wolverine 

:star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star3:  :star3:

The problem with both of the Wolverine movies (beside them having the same name) is that they are not really bad movies, they are just not any good Wolverine movies! This one was an improvement, but it still does not do the character justice. Wolverine feels out of place in his own movie! It was like a Bond movie with an Iron Man/ Sucker Punch villain and a side-kick that looked like a mix between Mistique and Poison Ivy!

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#2 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

Epic 

:star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star3:  :star3:

With nods to both Avatar and Spiderwick I really expected this to be on the Tangled level of quality, but neither the story nor the animation reached the bar. It was also a feature made only for the youngest, unlike many of its contemporaries. No wonder why it was only released with a voice over in Sweden.

#3 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Broken City

:star1:  :star1:  :star3:  :star3:  :star3:

There are some movies that not only do not bring anything fresh to the genre, but they also hamper the worst clichés of it! Broken city is that kind of movie, everything about it is ridiculously predictable. Watch the trailer and you've got the whole movie! 

#4 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Elysium

:star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star3:

Elysium looks fantastic visually, and it has a nice sci-fi set up and concept. But what Blomkamp suffers from is a messy writing, which makes this movie cluttered in terms if narrative and character development. As a result Elysium is packed with action and characters and at the same time sterile in terms of charm and chemistry and makes me not really care about the fate of any of them. While in District 9, which was limited to only three characters, I ended up knowing and really caring about the fate of all of them! Is this the curse of Hollywood?

#5 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

Now You See Me

:star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star2:  :star3:

Being fan of magic and magicians and also The Prestige, I enjoyed Now You See Me very much. It had that spectacular set-up and the mysterious back-story which a movie of its kind requires in order to dazzle the audience, but it loses much of its prestige and grandeur to a far too simple twist and anticlimactic conclusion.  

#6 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

The Conjuring

:star1: :star1: :star1: :star1: :star2:

A supernatural horror movie based on true story, truly this is one of my all time most favorite horror movies, for me and all my friends whom I watched the movie with, this movie sure topped off the Exorcist which for sure was the scariest horror movie for me at least, loved the acting of pretty much everybody in this movie, including the kids as well as the paranormal detectives.

Would I watch it again? hell yeah and while it's still playing at the theater. This time with a different crew!  :D

keano405.png

#7 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Cant wait to wtach it, I missed it in US and it opens here next month! Have you watched Mama bro? 

#8 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

No bro I haven't, don't recall having watched the preview either. Is that a horror movie?

keano405.png

#9 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Yes bro, I recommend you to watch it. Not sure if you are familiar with the work of mexican director del toro or not but its a horror movie with an actual story.

#10 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

The Iceman 

Michael Shannon plays the same dysfunctional character in every role he gets, even though the roles are different from each other, and somehow he manages to pull that off with skill. Its almost as if he brings that dysfunctionality with him to his parts! The Iceman is a well-made and well-played real mobster story, the only thing I somehow saw as a problem was that the fashion and hairstyles of each era didn't really go well together.

#11 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Kick ass 2

I found this sequel to be almost as good as the first part, and it proves that movies based on a concept and written after an original cinematic adaptation do not need to be lame, if there is enough creativity and time involved in its development! The only thing I felt being a bit wasted and unexplored was Jim Carrey's character.

#12 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Emperor 

After LOST everyone in Hollywood expected a big break into the cinema for Fox but that never happened and so far both of his movies have flopped, despite his excellent contribution. He just seems to pick the wrong movies to act in! Emperor is a rather boring movie to watch, despite a good plot. 

#13 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Behind the Candelabra 

:star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star1:  :star1:

This is as good as a biopic gets! Michael Douglas puts on a lifetime performance and Matt Damon delivers an equally impressive portrayal. The production design, in particular the make up team should be applauded for an exceptional work. And Steven Soderbergh once again proves that despite a few misses here and there he still knows how to make a high caliber opus. 

#14 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

The Conjuring 

This movie has no twists or tricks that are new to the seasoned horror genre fan out there, nevertheless what it recycles it does deliver with coherence and consistence. All in all one of the more solid horror flicks released in recent years.

#15 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Emperor 

After LOST everyone in Hollywood expected a big break into the cinema for Fox but that never happened and so far both of his movies have flopped, despite his excellent contribution. He just seems to pick the wrong movies to act in! Emperor is a rather boring movie to watch, despite a good plot. 

I quite enjoyed Vantage Point pourya jan, and thought Fox gave a strong performance.  Contrary to Fox's own ambitions, I believe his talents reside in TV, where he can really develop a character.

With all the sh*t that came with LOST in the end, Fox's portrayal remains intact for me as one of the finest characters in television to date...

#16 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Vantage Point was shot during LOST, so he still enjoyed a certain status in the list of casting crews, post-LOST era is a whole different chapter. He gave an even better performance in Alex Cross, transforming himself beyond recognition. But its didnt help the fact that movie sucked balls! Sadly his extreme dieting for Alex Cross and aging has not done him good and he looks morbidly sick in Emperor. 

Alex-Cross1.jpg

#17 takshakh

takshakh

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

I watched "jobs".
It should have been called Apple

"Hamishe khodat bash. Magar inke betavani yek takshakh bashi. Angah hamishe yek takshakh bash."

#18 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hemingway and Gellhorn

:star1:  :star1:  :star2:  :star3:  :star3:

No matter how well both Owen and Kidman deliver their parts this is nothing more than a television production and looks just as boring as one!

#19 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Vantage Point was shot during LOST, so he still enjoyed a certain status in the list of casting crews, post-LOST era is a whole different chapter. He gave an even better performance in Alex Cross, transforming himself beyond recognition. But its didnt help the fact that movie sucked balls! Sadly his extreme dieting for Alex Cross and aging has not done him good and he looks morbidly sick in Emperor. 

Alex-Cross1.jpg

Wow he looks unrecognisable there, very gaunt. I think Fox is an ambitious method actor, in the way Bale is. He can't just do a role, he hasto be the role.

I was hoping by now he would have established himself on the big screen, but to be honest I think he has taken the wrong projects.

#20 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

The World's End

:star1:  :star1:  :star3:   :star3:  :star3:

Very slow and boring start before it finally picked up in it's 30th-40th minute mark. I almost fell asleep, if it weren't for my friends who watch almost anything, I would have quite watching the movie right in the middle. The entire movie and its concept I found pretty corny!

keano405.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users