Photo

Audio Books

Good or bad?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Audio books, good or bad? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you for or against audio books?

1. I listen to audio books (4 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. I don't listen to audio books (1 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

I have just bought and started to listen to my first audio book, I guess I have so far been reluctant to do so as I love reading and collecting books and also kind of consider not wanting to read but rather listen as laziness! My first audio books is Stephen King's The Dark Tower which I mainly bought just to try out the medium, and I must admit that I have after an hour into the book still not got used to the whole idea of someone reading an adult themed book for me! So what do you guys feel about it?!

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#2 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

How do you like it so far bro? To me it sounds a little awkward TBH, maybe that's because I have never tried listening to audio books!?

I mean to me the whole beauty of of reading a book, is actually reading the book, and I think to substitute it with listening it defeats the purpose. What's your take on it?

keano405.png

#3 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

I really want to enjoy it as I think it will be a good way to consume such books that you just dont want to spend quality time on but rather listen to the story on the road or something. But I just cant concentrate on the details when someone reads it in own tone and pace! Every ten minutes I find myself having missed a passage!lol 

#4 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Cool, I there only one story teller or different characters have different voices? The second case scenario would make it actually quite interesting

keano405.png

#5 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

I agree, that would be something. But sadly this is read by one person and not always by the right person!

#6 takshakh

takshakh

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

I love audio books.

Audible is a great app also

"Hamishe khodat bash. Magar inke betavani yek takshakh bashi. Angah hamishe yek takshakh bash."

#7 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

I for one gave up on it, maybe a factual book is possible to listen to while doing something else but I couldnt follow the story when listening to it. 

#8 takshakh

takshakh

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

I love them. I focus a lot more. I had always loved having a book read out to me.

"Hamishe khodat bash. Magar inke betavani yek takshakh bashi. Angah hamishe yek takshakh bash."

#9 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

But what do you do meanwhile? The only reason I tried this was to be able to save my time and do something else as well, but I cant concentrate on the story if I do something else. I guess I have always been a reader for others, I love to read for others and still do as a teacher. 

#10 takshakh

takshakh

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

I drive a lot. I can only handle so much music and talk back radio. So podcasts and audio books are my faves.

Also when I'm about to go to sleep

#11 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

I drive a lot. I can only handle so much music and talk back radio. So podcasts and audio books are my faves.

Also when I'm about to go to sleep

Aslan bia khodam vaasat ghese tareef mikonam! 

keano405.png

#12 takshakh

takshakh

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Lol....

You would have to audition first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users