Project Management for Business, Engineering and Technology, 3rd edition is a direct response to the ever-increasing need for better project management. First covering the essential background, from origins and philosophy to methodology, the main bulk of the book is dedicated to the concepts and techniques of practical application, including project initiation and proposals, scope and task definition, scheduling, budgeting, risk analysis, control, project organization and all-important "people" aspects--project leadership, team building, conflict resolution and stress management.
The Systems Development Cycle is used as a framework to discuss project management in a variety of situations, making this the go-to book for managing virtually any kind of project, program or task force. Focusing on projects as goal-oriented systems of interrelated components functioning in a larger environment, the book targets the ultimate purpose of project management--to unify and integrate the interests, resources and work efforts of many stakeholders, as well as schedules, budgets, and plans, to accomplish the overall project goal.
This new edition provides:
* A comprehensive, balanced view that emphasizes both the behavioral and quantitative sides of project management
* Methods, procedures and systems for defining, planning, scheduling, controlling and organizing project activities
* Methods and procedures for handling the organziational, managerial and human behavioral issues relevant to project management
* Tools and concepts of growing importance, including project methodology, the project management office, project portfolio management and international project management
* Over 100 examples and case studies to illustrate theory in practice
* Full instructor support package with PowerPoint slides and answers to all questions in the book when you log in to Elsevier's textbook site at http://textbooks.els...s/9780750683999
This book is intended for advanced undergraduate and graduate university students, and for practicing managers in business, engineering and technology.
Filesonic Download Links : -
Project Management for Business, Engineering, and Technology (3rd Edit
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users