#1 Eskandar

Eskandar

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Hi,
In many countries in Europe and USA there is a sms service which allows you to pay via your cellphone.
for example:
buying bus ticket via SMS in Sweden.
Paying for a pizza in restaurant.

Is there such a service in Iran?
thanks

#2 DJPedram

DJPedram

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

Not purchasing things. But you can do online banking using your cellphone. You can make an your voice heard on NationalTV. Something like "American Idol", but mostly for live sports show and maybe cooking show. But i doubt you can purchase something, but I know you can purchase Ring Tone for your cellphone if your on a pay as you go plan. Plus I think if any services being offered through bank, then you can purchase items.

#3 Eskandar

Eskandar

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:36 AM

Not purchasing things. But you can do online banking using your cellphone. You can make an your voice heard on NationalTV. Something like "American Idol", but mostly for live sports show and maybe cooking show. But i doubt you can purchase something, but I know you can purchase Ring Tone for your cellphone if your on a pay as you go plan. Plus I think if any services being offered through bank, then you can purchase items.

What Im trying to do is about opening a company in Iran. We will provide a service for both other businesses and private customers. The way they are going to pay for our services must be via SMS or another simple payment method. What other simple method are available in Iran? In Europe there is Paypal or AutoGiro but I guess neither of them are available in Iran. Can somebody please help me with this?

I would really appreciate it.

The paying process is as described here:
You text ABC22 and you send it to 123456. Then 2$ will be charged from your SIM card or subscription.

#4 DJPedram

DJPedram

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

This is very tough for you to do. Since the Mobile industries is owned by government. most likely they want 80-90% profit. So your not left with much anyway.
I dont think anyway would be interested in getting charged for text message. You can start a business that people will pay for pre-paid card where they can be charged for your services.

All the best to you and your business. What industry are you looking to operate in?

#5 Eskandar

Eskandar

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:58 AM

This is very tough for you to do. Since the Mobile industries is owned by government. most likely they want 80-90% profit. So your not left with much anyway.
I dont think anyway would be interested in getting charged for text message. You can start a business that people will pay for pre-paid card where they can be charged for your services.

All the best to you and your business. What industry are you looking to operate in?

Thanks for your answers.
Actually Im not supposed to talk about it. But its kinda of import/export business. All the law/policy stuff are ok. The only problem is a simple payment method for people which I cant find.

I have contacted several banks in Iran. Ill be honest, I have never had talked to such a bad/aggressive customer service(Melli, Mellat, Tejarat bank). REALLY BAD! Since my Farsi is not very advanced so I told them to talk slower. When I didnt understand something and asked again he just hung up or got very mad.

What is your profession? Do you live in Iran? if yes where.
We could do some business together perhaps.

Edited by Eskandar, 19 April 2010 - 04:03 AM.

#6 DJPedram

DJPedram

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:28 AM

I am happy that my answered has helped you some what.
Yes Customer service is awful in Iran, which you will get use to it. Even though its awful, it works. Just need lots of patients and lots of hearing NO's.
My profession is I.T./Marketing. I dont like in Iran, eventhough I travel back every 2 years or so. I live in Toronto, Canada.
I have number of my friends, including myself, that do business in Iran. Its little hard and demanding not knowing the market and the stability of it, can be a problem. But if your on roll you will be pilling money.

Whats your profit margin? I mean how much you want to charge on SMS, considering that big portion of it, will be taken by Government. Also where u want to adveris?

#7 hessan

hessan

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:52 AM

my recommendation is not to put anymore of your time or effort to this matter.

Edited by hessan, 31 May 2010 - 09:54 AM.

#8 rosy123

rosy123

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

Un grand moment de bonheur, de plaisirs et d'échanges culinaires, merci . voyante serieuse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users