22 replies to this topic

#21 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:06 AM

I know what you mean pourya jan. I'm an avid reader of science, but not science-fiction. The problem with being a student of science is that sci-fi becomes a means to analytically discredit lol. I have a soft-spot for media that alludes to scientific phenomena and interpretation, rather than absolute discourse. This is one of the reasons I was able to endure Lost, where as Star Trek and those sorts are full of scientific anomalies that build a wedge between me and the story lol.

The fiction I've enjoyed the most is either of suspense or dark-comedy. Prior to "Women" the last fiction I actually completed was the Millennium trilogy from your fellow Swede Stieg Larsson, which I did enjoy.

#22 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:00 AM

don't get me wrong though, I like sci-fi! as long as the conditions are clear, in lost I was put under impression that it was not sci-fi! that it was all natural! but in Event or Fringe for instance we know that this is the condition and logic of this world. You adjust to it. however I like to see and hear sci-fi! not read it so I can imagine it! I love visual effects, that for me makes the sci-fi and fantasy genre! and reading about all wonders isnt the same as seeing for me.

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#23 johnbriner

johnbriner

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

You guys put out a great must-read book list in here. I'll read some of the books that you've mentioned in the thread. Thanks for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users