Photo

World Cup 2010

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

Poll: World Cup 2010 (11 member(s) have cast votes)

The Winner Is . . . ?

1. Spain (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. France (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. England (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

4. Italy (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Netherland (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Germany (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Portugal (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Argentina (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

9. Brazil (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

10. An African Country (0 votes [0.00%])

11. An Asian Country (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Other ! (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:17 PM

Any word on Drogba's injury? what an unlucky incident man, he's IC's super player, and this is just pure bad luck, I heard he will most probably gonna miss their first game! Reminds me of our last WC appearance, where we encountered so many injuries of our great players, just before the WC!

keano405.png

#22 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

So many high profile players are struggling with injuries or ruled out this tournament already! Drogba, Ferdinand, Beckham, Nani, Robben, Essien, Fabregas...to name a few.

The latest is that Drogbas surgery was sucessful and he is expected to make the 2nd game. I hope he is able to make a faster recovery as IC's chances of progressing rely on a fit Drogba.

I cannot wait for this tournament to start now! 3 days and counting....

#23 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts
  • Interests:UFOs,Ducati,Real Madrid,Taj Tehran,Shemiran,Antique Auctions,Politic,Stars

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

Cesc Fabregas will play... He marcked a goal tonite against Poland (6-0) .

Robben will be ready later,he will be in S.A !

So sory for Ferdinand, Beckham ! I LOVE how play Rio ! England lost one the best of the best !

Drogba,mediocre (he is not a star !) .

Essien .. eh !

crxy.jpg

#24 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:38 AM

Oh man, Spain is gonna slaughter all their opponents in this edition of WC, today they destroyed Poland 6-0, Fabregas is back from injury, Torres once again proved he's da man:

This team actually plays as a team, so damn entertaining to watch them play! :punk:

keano405.png

#25 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:16 AM

I concur Keano! Without doubt the finest footballing side i've ever seen. They are an outstanding advert for the beautiful game.

Worryingly for them though, Iniesta was taken off after 39 minutes with an injury.

I'm not particularly hopeful of England's chances after some poor displays in friendlies and warm-up matches. Though i actually believe that we are probably the only team able to counter Spain's game. The teams that will challenge them are the ones prepared to step up physically and match them fitness wise. Xavi and Iniesta are the engine of the Spain side, counter them and you can effectively ruin their flow, in Gerrard and Lampard we have two maestros able to do just that.

Siamak, you don't rate Drogba or Essien?!?!

#26 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

Pedram jaan, friedly matches prior to such important events (WC, etc) are just meaningless, and they're just meant to be served as warming up and tactical purposes, I will not worry much about the dismal display of England in these friendly matches.

As for Sia's statement regarding Drogba and Essien I totally disagree!

keano405.png

#27 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts
  • Interests:UFOs,Ducati,Real Madrid,Taj Tehran,Shemiran,Antique Auctions,Politic,Stars

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

I saw how play Drogba very near (Chelsea - Man utd last season !) and i don't see him a creative pro football player ! He is good (specially when he is fit !) when chelsea is attacting 4-4 by a plan !

Drogba is good in Chelsea but not in Ivory Coast national football team .

You want a good one ? then look at S.Eto'o !

Essien .. I prefer the other african players than him ! just that ... !

crxy.jpg

#28 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:49 AM

Siamak, i disagree about Drogba's international form, he has scored 44 goals in 68 matches. That is a phenomonal record on the international stage. Drogba is a unique player, defenders absolutely hate marking someone of his physical prowess. He is clinical, strong and positionally perfect.

Regards to Essien, i think he is the best defensive midfielder in the world. Chelsea missed him terribly during the second half of last season. He is indispensable to them. Not only does he defend immaculately giving the likes of Lampard a free license to attack at every opportunity, but his sheer pace and tenacity also gives him a potent ability to bomb forward himself and link play brilliantly. i feel so sorry for Ghana, they have a fantastic side, but his loss is nothing short of catastrophic for their chances.

Siamak, who will you be supporting this tournament then?

Keano jan, will you be supporting the US against England on Saturday?

#29 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

Pedram jan i follow Drogba since he was playing in Marseille - France ! He was very near to play in R.Madrid in that year and then his mode of playing football was changed by Mourinho 100% (like all african players in Chelsea !)... Is he a star ? Yes, he is ! but he is a Premier star ! Am i wrong ? maybe... we will see him in S.A !

I will support :

-Spain

-England

-Argentina

-Brazil

crxy.jpg

#30 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

He had to adapt to the English game Siamak. So many "world class" strikers have come to England and been huge flops because they cannot handle the physical nature and fast pace of the premier league. Drogba's first season was relatively unimpressive, but he diversified his game and the reward has been huge as he yet again won the premiership golden boot.

I think now, even if he plays, he will not be the same after suffering a broken bone. It will play with his confidence and will affect the physical side of his game. A huge blow for Ivory Coast. The fact that Erikson is managing them doesnt bode well for them either. In my opinion the most overated of international managers.

I too think Argentina have a good team, world class players in Messi, Tevez and Mascherano. I'm not convinced by Maradona as a coach though.

#31 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:36 AM

Pedram jan i am very optimist man and lets wait him to play in S.A !

-Agree with you about Maradona .

* Do you think Tevez ever was (is) happy in Premier league ?!

* Do you think in generally south american players (pro 3 - 4 - 5 stars) are happy playing football in Premier league ?

crxy.jpg

#32 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hehe well he must be happy with premier league salary!! I don't think he is particularly happy though living in UK. We don't attract many South American players in the UK, i think the climate is partly to do with it and the language barrier. That is why they predominantly play in Spain.

#33 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

Pedram jaan, I believe you meant to say African players in your above post! :;):

keano405.png

#34 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:11 AM

No Keano jan, i did mean South American. If you see Siamak's question above, he asked me sepcifically about South American players in the premier league, such as Tevez etc...

#35 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

Oh that's right, sorry Pedram my bad.

So what do you guys predict for tomorrow's matches? this is what I think:

My predictions:

South Africa 2 Mexico 2
Uruguay 2 France 3

keano405.png

#36 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:11 AM

Man I am so excited, can't wait till it kicks off! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

keano405.png

#37 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

I watched the opening concert last night. Man Shakira was hotttttt!!!! Black Eye Peas sucked, fergie couldn't hit a single note!

Can't wait for this to kick off tonight, i'm goign for South Africa 0 Mexico 1, Uruguay 1 France 1.

What are your predictions for the USA England match tomorrow?

#38 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:57 AM

Fergie Fcuks up a lot on the stage in live performance.

I predict the following for day 2:

England 3 USA 2 Yes USA will give a good run to their English counterpart

S. Korea 2 Greece 1 Greece has been on a decline recently, they will be outrun by the Koreans speed and high stamina

Argentina 1 Nigeria 0 A narrow win for the vastly favorite team

keano405.png

#39 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:48 AM

I agree Keano, i think the US will be a big test for England. The US beat Spain convingly in the confederations cup and were leading Brazil 2-0 in the final, so i think a draw is quite likely.

It is so hard to predict as the tournament atmosphere can present some big surprises! I was thinking that even Uruguay may surprise the french tonight. i've seen them play quite a few times and have looked impressive.

#40 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

S.Africa 1 - 1 Mexico

Good match ! south african players were more ready than mexican (of course, because many of them were playing before 3 weeks in many important leagues of the world and they are still tired !).

The final result is fair !

crxy.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users